Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 775 total)
  • Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.
  • binners

Lovin the reserve keeper having a pie during the match! Quality! Looks like he’s had a few in his time! 😆

theotherjonv

New interpretation of ‘the goalkeeper made himself as big as possible’

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

megalolz

RustySpanner

Class.

Wonder who his pie sponsors are?
    🙂

theotherjonv

He doesn’t need to catch the ball; if it passes within a few feet of him it’ll be trapped by his own gravitational field.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

turns out the pie thing was for some sponsors. FAKE NEWS

Rockape63
    Free Member

turns out the pie thing was for some sponsors. FAKE NEWS

indeed….disappointing! Apparently there were odds on him eating a pie on skybet or another, which no doubt his mates cleaned up on.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Bloody hell City!
    McManaman is shite!

angeldust
    Free Member

cracking game

Klunk
    Free Member

Tinkerman has been sacked.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ciao Claudio, shame the dream turned so sour so quickly

An honourable man…

gozarch
    Free Member

Madness. Should have sacked the first team instead. Shoe-in for relegation now, I reckon.

Junkyard
    Free Member

shame after last years achievements and he could have moved on but stayed loyal.

The issue is that staying in the premiership is worth so much money that clubs will inevitably do this

Not sure who they think will be any better or who is available

Klunk
    Free Member

2009-10 – Carlo Ancelotti – sacked
    2011-12 – Roberto Mancini – sacked
    2012-13 – Sir Alex Ferguson – retired
    2013-14 – Manuel Pellegrini – sacked
    2014-15 – José Mourinho – sacked
    2015-16 – Claudio Ranieri – sacked

#cursed

Caher

Usually one player does not make a difference but losing Kante and not replacing him seemed to be a disaster

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Alan D’Pardeux to the rescue

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

shame after last years achievements and he could have moved on but stayed loyal.

More fool Leicester.

MSP

Everyone got so caught up in last seasons miracle, the fans the media and the club, that they forgot that in and around the relegation zone is actually that teams natural level.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Manager carries the can unfortunately, although players are at fault. Look at the same Chelsea players this year compared to last season when they effectively downed tools.

sb88
    Free Member

“My team is like an orchestra. To play the symphony correctly I need some of the boom boom boom, but I also need some tweet and sometimes the tweet and boom go well together. Sometimes all you can hear is the boom, sometimes only the tweet. That is not good music.”

jambalaya
    Free Member

Terribly short sighted. Ranieri remains the right manager whether they are in the PL or Championship. Players should vote with their feet and abandon the club’s exective management.

MSP

Players should vote with their feet

They did, they walked into the clubs executive management offices and told them to replace the manager.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sadly, the biggest driving factor in the EPL is the fear of relegation from the Golden goose….

jambalaya
    Free Member

They did, they walked into the clubs executive management offices and told them to replace the manager.

Really ?

theotherjonv

seems to be insinuated in a few papers this morning according to R4’s interview with Gary Lineker.

Also an interesting insight, that by scapegoating the manager the players feel they have an excuse for why they’ve been so shit this year. Totally failing to respect that once over the line it’s in their hands mainly. Strange business; not many industries where the workers essentially control the hiring and firing of the boss. Made ferguson unique, and credit must go to the Man U board for that, that if A Star got too big for Ferguson’s liking the star would go before anyone considered firing the boss.

dragon
    Free Member

Very odd timing why didn’t that at least wait till they were out of CL. Hope they go down now.

Usually one player does not make a difference but losing Kante and not replacing him seemed to be a disaster

They did and spent quite a bit on a few other players as well.

Klunk
    Free Member

Very odd timing why didn’t that at least wait till they were out of CL. Hope they go down now.

I think thats why they did do it now, may get a 1-0 home win (in CL) then it’s another month or so before they can sack him.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Great game of football and Zlatan is some player- carrying the team really bt we still have no one who can beat a man and run with the ball – MickyT aside

That said I feel very sorry for southampton as they had a disallowed goal and were the far superior side with pretty much all the Man U goals being against the run of play and 4-1 to them was probably a fairer result than us winning

MSP

If there is really a premiership team over the past few years that deserve a trophy it is Southampton, they have been running the club in the right way, recovering from big losses of managers and players, mainly playing some decent and entertaining football, and not talking bollocks about there being some mythical Southampton “way” ideal they are meant to live up to.

I really feel for them, I wonder how many more times they can bounce back from losing their best players, they may not get another chance for silverware for a long time.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Great game of football and Zlatan is some player- carrying the team really bt we still have no one who can beat a man and run with the ball – MickyT aside

I’ll pass the message on to Mr Thomas the next time I see him. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I never had you down as the sort of person who was in and out of prison but thanks 😉

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

He’s a good lad now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Agree MSP an they played very well and I think Man U were pretty average tbh but just kept scoring goals when they never really worked for them/deserved them

Aye southampton eem to sell everyone from managers to players and yet still keep going and staying as strong

MSP

Got to say I have really warmed to Zlatan this year, but if I was a united fan I would be worried how his inclusion might be damaging the development of that youthful front line. It’s not even his inclusion, its a reliance by and setting the team to play to suit him, rather than fitting him in to the direction those really good young players needs to develop to become the next united team capable of challenging for the league and the champions league.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Jose becomes the first ever United manager to win a trophy in his maiden season.

beagle
    Free Member

No worries with Zlatan blocking youth – people said the same of Cantona. He set a big example in the way he trained/being a top pro etc. Beckham in particular took that on. It sounds like he is having a similar impact in the dressing room and won’t be around for years. He was also a catalyst for success…..

Yes – outplayed but I’d half expected that – United away in Europe in the week and the saints having a fortnight prep. It was clear saints had far more energy. I’ve also lost count of United outplaying teams this season and coming away with a point. What goes around and all that.

binners

The last thing we want or need is another Cantona! I mean… who’d want that?

I was quite surprised today. I’d called it as a mind numbingly tedious nil nil, with extra time, then penalties

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Ah! Leicester have shown up. Funny that – bunch of frauds 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

well I never

MoreCashThanDash

Not just JY who is Lazarus!

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.’ is closed to new replies.