Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 775 total)
  • Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Nah. It was 50% skill, and 50% Arsenal being **** atrocious at defending.

Goal of the season will be:

binners

Arsenal were awful. As were Liverpool. So as now seems to be the case when presented with the opportunity to take advantage, I’m looking forward to watching our nil nil draw with Leicester later

binners

Well that was a stroll. As one sided a game as you’ll see. I couldn’t believe how awful Leicester were. They haven’t scored in 2017, and didn’t look for a second like they were about to start today. On that form, and with Hull and Sunderland hitting a bit of form, they’ve surely got to be looking at a relegation fight? Bonkers! It’s the same squad, minus Kante, that walked last season

MoreCashThanDash

My Gooner mate has given me permission to start reminding him of this again!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTuA3VgpEzk[/video]

binners

Arsenal fluked it again today. Clear handball for the first goal, and getting away with as a clear a straight red as you’ll ever see.

Spurs were shockingly bad!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I wonder why Spurs were so poor.

binners

They don’t travel well to certain grounds. They never get anything at Anfield. The 1 -0 scoreline at Old Trafford in December in no way reflected the game either. They were played off the park there too. Never turned up!

binners
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

here you go Binners, turns out St Etienne the band have a football team too. who knew!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_Saint-Étienne

theotherjonv

If they weren’t already out, they are now I suspect. 😯

binners

Well it’s my birthday today, and daughter number one informed me this morning that we’re off to OT tonight 🙂

We’ve not got a bad track record on my birthday. Rooney scored his overhead kick against City on this very date a few years back. Something equally as spectacular would be nice tonight

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is she getting the first round in then 😉

PS some serious pocket money must be going her way

weeksy

Great present! Enjoy.

Hope you lose eleventyseven nil.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Night cricket ?

Best wishes by the way and a cool way to spend the day – I have to mention that other “what do you miss thread” – what can be better than spending your birthday at “the match” with your kid ? Its about what they add to your life. Must get crafting a thread for tomorrow, hopefully of interest ….

binners

JY – she won them in a competition through the United Foundation, as she plays for a local girls team and is shaping up into a cracking little centre back. And she’s wearing her United shirt I got her for her birthday

#prouddad

😀

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Evil present…. It is meant to be your birthday!!! (happy returns)

binners

Well… not a bad old evening. My United birthday present from the squad continues with a Zlatan hat-trick 😀

Binnerette no 1 absolutely loved it as she’s been to Saturday afternoon games with me, but this was her first European game, and her first one under the lights. They’re always a bit special, and theres always a cracking atmosphere. I even indulged her in the dreaded half and half scarf to mark the occasion

She absolutely loved it, and has broadened her repertoire of United chants considerably. She then said that she’d love to be behind the goal in the Stretford End for a Liverpool game. I said that at 12, that may just be a step too far! 😆

mefty
    Free Member

At risk of stopping this thread being a conversation with yourself, was it a big game? Wasn’t on Radio 5, let alone Channel 5.

weeksy

They’re on BT Sport now, not C5.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dont be bringing fact into his hatred and bile.

Got to be one of the worst hat tricks ever binners

Deflected free kick tap in and a conned penalty

Did like his Cantona celebration to the tap in though

binners

We’re all little rays of sunshine this morning, aren’t we? 😀

In other news, what’s going on with Spurs?

martinhutch

At risk of stopping this thread being a conversation with yourself, was it a big game?

As a City fan and an expert in the matter, I think I can detect a faint trace of bitterness creeping in there. 😀

beagle
    Free Member

They all count JY!

I remember my first euro evening at OT like it was yesterday – as a 9 year old V Spartak Varna in 84? Chips, cigar smoke in the air, the odd swear word I didn’t understand. A whole new world for me. My dad got a bollocking on our return as he’d remembered his own gloves but forgot mine. I squeezed my two hands into one of his gloves for most of the game.

Didn’t get a ticket for the next round (!!) but did manage to see Maradonna play for Boca a few times in the mid nineties in La Bonbonera with the old boy. He paid, I called it payback for not getting us in to the Barca game more than a decade earlier.

Happy days. She’ll remember it in years to come Binners!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I’m off to Sutton United v Arsenal on Monday evening.

Given the Ar$e’s mid-week result and the general apathy/lack of spine that seems to be apparent from manager on downwards there is a massive opportunity for more misery to be heaped upon them.

I look forward to spotting the guy from Arsenal Fan TV outside the ground.

Junkyard
    Free Member

overly reliant on a number of key players?

High tempo game means they “fade” as the season goes on – See also Liverpool

Just a dip class is permanent etc

One of those

mefty
    Free Member

Dont be bringing fact into his hatred and bile.

No hatred at all, just an acknowledgement of Binners’s sometimes single handed efforts to keep the thread going, and a gentle quip, based on the famous chart, after being surprised there was no soccer on Radio 5 last night.

EDIT: Don’t support any Premiership teams so have never been one to worry about what any teams do or don’t do. Afterall it is only a game/entertainment.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Someone suggested they were serious title contenders when they hit the giddy heights of second place! its all gone tits up since then!

Anyway, being a gooner, I’m going to shut up now and prepare my hiding place behind the sofa for Monday night! 😥

cchris2lou

I was at Old Trafford too . First time for my son .

Great atmosphere and we had tickets next to the tunnel , 5 rows away from the pitch .

Junkyard
    Free Member

interesting FA cup round and draw with some cracking ties ahead
    Chelsea away is is as hard as it gets for us.
    First ever non league quarter finals?

joat

Pleased for Lincoln, I’m not a yellow belly but they’re my nearest team. It’s a win/win draw, either a realistic chance at semis or, more likely a fantastic day out with a bit of coffer filling.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Sutton won’t win, Lincoln will be crushed and Arsene will say goodbye and thanks for all the fish/trophies with an FA Cup

binners

The toughest draw for us. Chelski away. You never know (though you probably do)

Blackburn didn’t half give us a game today. Been another mad weekends results! I bloody love the FA cup!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Pleased for Lincoln, I’m not a yellow belly but they’re my nearest team. It’s a win/win draw, either a realistic chance at semis or, more likely a fantastic day out with a bit of coffer filling.

+1 – i commute into Lincoln, and its great for the city, work with a season ticket holder, just generally pleased for them, was doing a home visit just behind the ground when they beat Brighton, seeing the sheer excitement of a 15yo bursting through the door having just rolled brighton over and invading the pitch was great to see

hopefully Arsenal do Sutton, Sutton are getting their big day tomorrow, Arsenal on home turf will never happen again, no disrespect to Burnley, but Arsenal away for Lincoln is another level

sadexpunk

Another Lincolnite here, bit of a fair weather fan tho. Football p1sses me off these days, and I haven’t wanted to queue 4 hrs on cold mornings to get the tickets, so fair play to those that have so far. Ill try and get to arsenal tho if the tickets are easier to get. The cities really gone mad over this cup run, it’s all anybody’s talking about, great to see everyone so happy.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Great atmosphere and anticipation at Sutton tonight and great to see a real David v Goliath match.

It’s gonna be interesting!

Klunk
    Free Member

would normally be supporting Sutton, but taking the dirty diggers dirty money I want arsenal to thump them.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

100 up for Captain Fantastic Theo

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Some big lads playing for Sutton!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

You leave Wayne Shaw out of this!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The should be 3:2 up by now!!

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.’ is closed to new replies.