Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 775 total)
  • Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

With the dead rubber that is the Charity Community Shield on today (Man U 2-LCFC 1), which to some, well me, signifies the start of the best paid for league in the world. As such, figured a new unified thread might be in order.

So lovers and haters, and there will be haters, pull up a pew, and shall we get started with a few predictions? All those who followed the Euro 2016 thread know how good I am at this, so if you want some guaranteed winners at the bookies, just follow Binner’s missus my advice….and don’t let anyone tell you the fact our national team is a joke this isn’t the greatest league in the world!

Also, Championship chat welcome. As I know there are some poor suckers who follow Aston Villa on here.

Predictions:

1st: Man Utd
    2nd: Man City
    3rd: Chelsea

Relegated: Hull, Sunderland, Burnley.

Bonus Leicester prediction: 5th

Obviously this is all nonsense, as with Liverpool smashing Barcelona last night 4-0, they are going to romp away with the quadruple.

On a side note, is it worth doing a Fantasy Prem thing for STW, or will everyone just lose interest after a month as usual?

MSP

On a side note, is it worth doing a Fantasy Prem thing for STW, or will everyone just lose interest after a month as usual?

It is already set up.

1st City
    2nd Arsenal
    3rd Chelsea
    4th Spurs
    5th United

City done the best work in the transfer market so far, but nobody yet that will make an impact at the start of the season. Undecided about utds transfer work, I think that Jose is at least a season away from building a team he wants, also following his usual MO of victimising a player to assert his authority, such a known tactic I think his relationship with the players and club could break down even quicker than usual. He needed to show something new, and he hasn’t.

Leicester bottom half but probably safe.

Relegated

Hull
    Burnley
    Bournemouth

Enjoyed Klop telling the sun reporter he wouldn’t answer his question. Demonstrating he is with the fans and city, rather than Brendan’s clichés.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It is already set up.

Is it super-secret, or do you have a link/code? 😉

Enjoyed Klop telling the sun reporter he wouldn’t answer his question. Demonstrating he is with the fans and city, rather than Brendan’s clichés.

That was a nice touch. Although, despite me thinking it was a LFC/Hillsborough thing, it’s because of something else they’ve done/about to do. *scurrilous rumour* Something to do with a sextape?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unan9skcb5o[/video]

MSP

I didn’t set the league up, don’t have the code, and think I was automatically included as it is a continuation of past years, it is called Singletrack2012.

Oh and Pogba for 100million plus, he has always been disappointing when I have seen him, a decent enough player, but not worth his reputation and that price IMO.

MSP

Although, despite me thinking it was a LFC/Hillsborough thing, it’s because of something else they’ve done/about to do. *scurrilous rumour* Something to do with a sextape?

That is a longer clip than I had seen, does appear to be something about to happen.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I didn’t set the league up, don’t have the code, and think I was automatically included as it is a continuation of past years, it is called Singletrack2012.

For those who want to join the league, but want to save 10mins of furious googling:

I have renewed the Singletrack Fantasy Premier League for another year.

http://www.fantasy.premierleague.com to sign up and create a team and then on your team page find the tab for create and join leagues at bottom right and the league as before is Singletrack2012 , entry code is 303467-93905

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/singletrack-fantasy-premier-league-1

theotherjonv

just been watching the Brazilian women vs Sweden. Very impressive. Couldn’t help noticing that everything was in the centre and nothing on the flanks at all.

yossarian
    Free Member

Is this only for Prem & Championship supporters? There is a another world of football below the money as well you know! 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Is this only for Prem & Championship supporters? There is a another world of football below the money as well you know!

It’s for all leagues, hence no league mentioned in the title. But obviously the prem has the biggest pull, so will probably dominate proceedings.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Pogba for £100m is the Mourihno tax – just a crazy price for an OK but not great player. Juve must be p.ssing themselves laughing. Surprised the Glaziers have been so irrational.

Predictions 😉

Man U will struggle to break into the top 3, simply too much work to do. City will finish above them and possibly Chelsea too. Arsenal and Spurs will be strong again and Leicester will be there of thereabouts.

1) Arsenal
    2) Spurs
    3) City
    4) Chelsea
    5) Man U

Potential surprise package Leicester in 4th. I think they’ll qualify from the CL group but thats it

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Now I have read some crazy shit posted by Jamba in the past, but Arsenal #1?

I’m more inclined to believe Brexit was for the best 😉

binners

I’m making no predictions. It’s going to be a mad old start to the season. Loads of unknown quantities with squads and managers. Absolutely anything could happen. But if you look at the big personalities, egos and rivalry in the top teams now, it’s going to be entertaining. There’s going to be fireworks! And I’d expect some top notch footy!

And I’m off to OT for Jose’s first home game. Can’t bloody wait!!! 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

With the dead rubber that is the Charity Community Shield on today (Man U 2-LCFC 1)

8)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’m at the Arsenal Man City game now. Will let you know what i think of both teams chances after the game. Which is of course meaningless

binners

Well… not a bad performance. Great goal by Lingard. And I had a fiver on United winning 2 – 1 at 8/1

Great minds Bongo 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

They will probably be my only winnings this season 😯

binners

Yep. I was thinking much the same!

PrinceJohn

Predictions –

1 – Spurs
    2 – City
    3 – Utd
    4 – Arsenal

Leicester – 9th – they’ve not really added to their squad & I think they’ll struggle to combine both Champions League & domestic duties.

binners

If anyone is going to be the dark horses this year, I think it’ll be West Haaaaaaam. I think they could be mixing it with the usual suspects in the top four this season

MSP

Great cross by Sterling 😯

I expect him to improve a lot under pep, but I didn’t expect to be writing that so soon.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Is it me, or does the women presenting the football on ITV sound like she is bored?

MSP

I am pretty bored, more mistakes than skills on show. I would like to see Pep put the two young centre backs on in the second half.

binners

This is crap!

*turns over to Countryfile*

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It’s like Arsenal are trapped in a time loop.

They could really do with a striker to take some of these chances….again.

Edit: Oh wait…who is this plucky youngster AFC are bringing on? Theo Walcott is it? Looks like this could be a big season for him….heh

Edit 2: Joy Division at half time? I approve of this.

binners

Ramsey needs to sort his Barnet out. He looks like…

Has LVG taken over at Arsenal? There’s an awful lot of going backwards

muggomagic

Nice pass and nice finish

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Well…looks like my Man City 1-0 bet is dead.

muggomagic

Good effort from Yaya there 😆

binners

OOPS!

I hope City keep this standard of defending up for the season. It’s comedy gold! 😆

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Not a good day for defenders.

Edit: Ouch…especially not for Gabriel. Looks painful.

iancity1
    Free Member

!st Man U (and God that pains me to say it as a City fan)
    2 City
    3rd Liverpool
    4th Arsenal

Think United have bought well, and think Zlatan will be a hit. We have also bought well, but all up front – we need a centre half, hopefully the Stones deal comes off and pep can teach him to stop losing his concentration in games.
    Think Liverpool will do well, but maybe not have the quality for a title shot and Arsenal will, as always, fade away…
    Leicester? top half
    Surprise team? West Ham, finish 5th ahead of Spurs who have failed to build on their terrific season last year.

Relegated – Hull, Burnley, Sunderland
    All IMHO of course

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Arsenal City game was greatly London/ Manchester classics by Smiths , Oasis Stone Roses, Clash , Libertines (?) and so on etc before the game . Shite atmosphere like Emirates so Arsenal felt at home.

In conclusion , Holding was woeful , Arsenal looked much better after half time but it was basically City mistakes that led to goals ( although almost all goals come from mistakes of some sort of course) Gabriel is banjaxed and Pep wears exceptionally tight trousers.

Oh and predictions

Arsenal
    Man City
    Utd
    Spuds

Bournemouth to get top 10

Relegated

Sunderland
    Swansea
    Hull

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Not long to go now. Also, I think the cutt-off is 11am for all those who haven’t sorted their FF teams out yet:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/singletrack-fantasy-premier-league-1

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I knew it. LCFC….bunch of chancers 😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’ve already made a prediction on last years thread? That Man U will win this year, hoping Arsenal can stay 2nd with Citeh third and Spuds 4th

binners

This game is absolutely bonkers! WTF is going on?

I had a punt on Liverpool getting a draw. Might be still on.

I’ve also got Lallana, Coutinho and Walcott in my fantasy football squad, and am presently top of our league

It won’t last, obviously, but I’m enjoying it while it lasts 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Arsenal must be the most consistent at what they do.

All my bets are broken sadly, and I am contemplating wildcarding my FF team.

Edit: 4-3? lol

binners

Time to shove 606 on and listen to all the Arse fans calling for Arsene to fall on his sword. Like every other week for the last decade 😆

Boo-ed off on your first game though. EEK!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Arsene really doesn’t help himself tho.

binners

I probably don’t even need to tell you this Bongo, but Mrs Binners had it down as a Liverpool win, as part of an accumulator and has got 15 quid back off a 75p bet

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.’ is closed to new replies.