Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • SoccerAid 2010 Phone Number – ffs.
  • Obi_Twa
    Free Member

0330 123 1966 – and people wonder why the Scots and the Welsh get sick of people gibbering on about an ancient historical event…

bruneep

aye, they canna let it go…………. 🙄

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

There is just no need for it.

Perhaps they should have 0330 123 1967 for viewers in Scotland.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Perhaps they didn't expect anyone from Scotland to call it, for some reason?

ross980
    Free Member

I'm English and I wish people would shut the **** up about 1966. I almost don't want to England to win the world cup this year as the nation's inevitable collective smugness would be embarrassing…

edhornby

every time that an englishman mentions Geoff Hursts hat-trick, a scotsman mentions the nations cup game on the 15th april where the scots beat the world cup holders 3-2

each statement of 'who's better' maintains the equilibrium in the universe…

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Aye, but its been proven fairly conclusively that Geoff Hurst didnt actually score a hat-trick, but was awarded one as a result of dodgy refereeing…

Edric64
    Free Member

0330 123 1066 For anyone who's of Norman descent

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

0330 123 1974 for when the Scottish team were the only unbeaten team in the cup, but still failed to pass the group stage 😉

sc-xc

If I ever found myself getting wound up over something like that, I would chuck another mars bar in the deep fat frier and flounce off in my funny little skirt.

Edric64
    Free Member

And drink another crate of Tennants Super?

stumpy01

Hmmmmmm, perhaps they wanted a number that was easy to remember/catchy seeing as it's a charity event and they want people to remember it?

And yes, I also wish people would stop going on about 1966, but it seems like a sensible choice for a charity phone line number, particularly one about football and particularly one that is England v's the rest of the world…..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘SoccerAid 2010 Phone Number – ffs.’ is closed to new replies.