Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Soaking burnt pans
  • D0NK

Wife incinerated some stuff in a stainless steel pan, this is gonna take something special to get it clean. Any tips for what to soak it in to lift it off easy? Or is it just scouring pads and elbow grease?

globalti
    Free Member

Clothes washing detergent. The enzymes will eat the burnt carbs and proteins. Leave to soak for 24 hours, not too hot though.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Biological washing powder works. Just soak it over night.

Doh! Wot he said.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    globalti
    Free Member

Snap!

D0NK

Cheers will try that

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Washing up liquid + water, bring it to a boil and that should lift the stubborn stuff out I believe.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What Curiousyellow said.

zimbo
    Free Member

If it’s a stainless steel pan, wire wool’ll work wonders. Oooh, lovely alliteration too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

why do you care …her problem 😉 – please tell me she does not read this for when we next meet.

I attacked mine with a stainless steel brush on a drill but i boiled mine dry and it worked but wish i had tried the above.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

fairy liquid platinum, well worth the extra few pence

Cougar

Try lemon juice.

spooky_b329

Slight hijack whilst the domestic godss are in attendance…

Hard anodised non-stick pan, has shallow grooves on the bottom. One has a rough feel to grooves and is slightly brown, suspect its been overheated but if there anything I can try to lift the residue? It does scratch off but would take hours and probably ruin the pan.

Thanks 🙂

D0NK

why do you care …her problem

she had (possibly quite sensibly) lobbed it in the bin, but I am made of sterner stuff, or just too tight to throw stuff away. After an initial soaking and attacking the food with a blunt instrument there’s still 10mm of burnt matter wielded to the bottom.

Stoner
    Free Member

soda crystals in boiling/hot water will lift off burnt on cack.

found in supermarket next to the washing powder.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or if it’s Le Creuset, a moany middle-class email will get you a new one. 🙂

mintimperial

I have nothing of value to add to the discussion, but I would like it to be noted that I misread the post title as “Soaking burnt pants” and did a bit of a double-take. That is all.

Stoner
    Free Member

Why clean pans when you can get them to send you new ones after each meal? 😛

spooky_b329

Or if it’s Le Creuset, a moany middle-class email will get you a new one.

Will that work for Circulon?! I got them from Debenhams don’t you know 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Will that work for Circulon?!

I dunno…ask Stoner. 🙂

b1galus
    Free Member

Rhubarb juice is excellent at shifting burnt on residue and brings the pan up all shiny and everythink

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I’m getting quite good at cleaning burned stainless pans with washing soda. Lots of practice helps. Dont use on ally though, the soda will eat it rather than the char.

Cougar

Will that work for Circulon?!

That robot in Futurama?

br
    Free Member

Just stick it in the Dishwasher, and repeat until its clean.

D0NK

Just an update as I’m sure many of you were up all night worrying. A soak in bio and a screw driver helped enabled me to chip the cremated ruins off the bottom of the pan, just a bunch of black spots to get rid of, soaking in bio again now, will have another crack at it tonight.

globalti
    Free Member

Biotex is the stuff, it’s fantastic on burnt food on gas cooker bits.

molgrips
    Free Member

In stainless pans, I’ve used sandpaper with tremendous effect. I burned milk in one, there was a good few mm of pure carbon in there – took about a minute to sand it off.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Soaking burnt pans’ is closed to new replies.