Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • So, you thought there were some grumpy old moaning NIMBYs on STW?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

A PRIMARY school was probed for noise pollution after locals moaned about kids' LAUGHTER.
    Council inspectors swooped over complaints of an "unbearable" din at playtimes – and carried out tests to see if it exceeded World Health Organisation limits.

There were also gripes over the school bell, a PE teacher's booming voice and the sound of football games at SS Osmund and Andrew's Primary in Bolton.

Fed-up Bill Disley, who lives yards away, said: "We can't sit outside or open windows."

A Bolton Council spokesman said the racket "does not constitute a statutory noise nuisance". School Head John Thorpe said: "It's good to hear children enjoying their lives."

Now, I like a bit of peace and quiet, but I'd never ever complain about children playing during the day!

jimmy

Bill Disley yesterday;

"Nyyeeerrrrrrrrrr"

Milkie
    Free Member

I'm betting the school was there before Mr Grumpy.. He shouldn't have lived there!

"We can't sit outside or open windows."

… Uhhh… Except at weekends, most bank holidays, 6 weeks during summer, and any weekday after 3ish… etc.

Mister-P
    Free Member

"Fed-up Bill Disley, who lives yards away, said: "We can't sit outside or open windows.""

Apart from in the evenings or during the 7 week school holiday which just happens to be in the summer.

EDIT – great minds think alike?

GrahamS

Was the school built there sometime after Bill bought his dream house next to an empty field?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Milkie – Member
    I'm betting the school was there before Mr Grumpy.. He shouldn't have lived there!

Many of the people who complain most vociferously about Heathrow are people who moved there within the last five years or so. Did they not realise there was an aiport there, or something?

wors

Would have to be in Bolton! 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘So, you thought there were some grumpy old moaning NIMBYs on STW?’ is closed to new replies.