Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • So you think you know about Scotland?
  • duckman

Hilldodger; Polished brass sign at reception in the Clachaig Inn in Glencoe

“No hawkers or Campbells”

hilldodger
    Free Member

duckman

I hope that is from the hotel, and not your front door…

hilldodger
    Free Member

duckman – Member
    I hope that is from the hotel, and not your front door…

It’s from Google actually 😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

zokes – Member

What’s EDL?

[quote] Like the SNP?[/quote]

Nooooo, Scottish Nationalism isn’t really ‘nationalism’ apparently….

…well even if it is it’s “Nice Nationalism” rather than “Nasty Nationalism”

see my previous answer – Edinburgh Defence League – a clique of people engaged in the act of defending the indefensible with preposterous and bullshit replies.

So yes, pretty much the same as the SNP

hilldodger
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member

Edinburgh Defence League – a clique of people engaged in the act of defending the indefensible with preposterous and bullshit replies.

Does one person, even if they’re really persistent and repetititititive, constitute a clique ??

duckman

Yes; see Mike Russell as an example. No teacher in Scotland wants CFE, but Mike does,so here it comes.

Spin
    Free Member

I met Mike Russell and he came across as a tool.

That might not suprise you.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

There’s the Campbells, and then the rest of us. 🙂

😥

wallace1492
    Free Member

It’s quite depressing really. Scotland has the best scenery in the UK, the best wilderness, the best outdoors, the best access rights. It has some marvellous campsites, hotels resaurants and bothies. However, it does have a reputation in the tourist trade of being a little unfriendly, and this is still the case. We just don’t have the proper service mentality about giving an excellent customer experience, we are getting better, but have left a reputation.

The weather – we get some good days, but it is the weather that has shaped the landscape, produced the crops we eat and the whisky we drink, so what if it rains, wear a coat!

You don’t want to go to Scotland, then fair enough, however you would be losing out on some truely amazing scenery, some delicious MTB and Road Bike routes, brilliant wilderness, great walks and stunning beaches.

Some say it is expensive – what baloney, it is as expensive as you want to pay. Plenty of free camping about, bring a campervan and park up almost wherever you want. B&B, hotels same price if not cheaper than England, plenty of Bunkhouses and Bothies. Eat from supermarkets, booze is cheap too.

Lure of southern Europe and superb weather is very strong, but can’t believe how many southerners dont make the wee trip up north. Those that do love it….

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘So you think you know about Scotland?’ is closed to new replies.