Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • So you lot would kill me or at least ring the polis!…
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Whilst cycling to the shop in jeans a hoody and white pumps pedalling like I stole it!

We had no vinegar and the local shop was closing and as we had chips I needed to breach the lines and break out the full susser…’
    I made it just!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Reebok Classics?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sounds fair to me, you’ve admitted the crime!

Grimy
    Free Member

I think we can grant leniency for your heinous crime based on the mitigating circumstances. I mean chips without vinegar, Eughh

wrightyson
    Free Member

The white pumps were from …
    River island 😯

jools182
    Free Member

I didn’t get the usual hello or nods when wearing a hoodie and jeans on my patriot

Just fancied a quick ride out and couldn’t be bothered getting changed

Drac

Yes for polluting your chips with an acrid acid. Vinegar is for pickles.

colournoise

If you’re worried about the “polis” surely you want salt & sauce rather than vinegar?

CountZero

Drac – Moderator

Don’t be an arse! God made vinegar specifically to go on fish and chips, it’s the law, dammit! 🙄

butcher

I didn’t get the usual hello or nods when wearing a hoodie and jeans on my patriot

Gotta have the right uniform. I used to think roadies were ignorant, until I got a road bike and MTBers suddenly became ignorant… But as I’ve amassed more kit over time, and I look more (I guess) like your average ‘cyclist’, both roadies and MTBers speak to me more, regardless of bike. If I go out in jeans and hoody (which I occasionally do) NO ONE speaks to me.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Dressed like that no one will speak to you unless you are under 16 😆

dannybgoode

Hendersons Relish (which I can assure you is NOT a rip off of Worcestershire sauce (see here for explanation) is much much better on chips than vinegar.

piemonster

You disgust me.

cheez0
    Free Member

Call the taste polis on drac!

/witchburning mode

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Failure on basic chip understanding.

When eating out, (from the paper) and a sachet of sauce costs a swingeing 10p per inadequate, non Heinz, bitter vinegary portion, then salt first, shake the bag a few times to allow to settle, and then douse liberally in vinegar.

At home, ketchup. MUST be Heinz. And none of the new varieties with Chilli ect). (Brown sauce is allowable based on a strictly applied heritage test.)

Abroad, (Foreign resort) mayonnaise. Abroad (English resort) refer to above rules. In the latter, if Heinz ketchup not available, then salad cream may be substituted for a 5 chip penalty.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Gotta have the right uniform. I used to think roadies were ignorant, until I got a road bike and MTBers suddenly became ignorant.

+1

Chippy vinegar for the win. Normal vinegar is pants

TheSanityAssassin

Schoolboy error there Jujuuk68 – vinegar first or you wash all the salt off!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For using the word ‘polis’ I would have you tarred, feathered and dragged through the streets.

RustySpanner

Ketchup?
    Sweet tomato sauce is for infants, the sick and Americans.

In this country, it’s use signifies moral turpitude and a certain weakness of character.

Salt and proper malt vinegar.
    Anything else is a sure sign of a wrong ‘un.

gears_suck
    Free Member

mattsccm – Member

Dressed like that no one will speak to you unless you are under 16 
    Indeed. To ask you if youve got a spliff, or to rob you of your mobile.

daftvader
    Free Member

How about horseradish if there’s no ketchup?

RustySpanner

You people disgust me.

dannyh
    Free Member

There are some crimes being committed on this very thread. There are only three things that should ever go on chips.

In first place, by some distance, is vinegar. Enough to leave a pool at the bottom of a bowl (if the chips are being served in a bowl).

Then comes mayonnaise. This is a very specific one, so bear with me. Cold sandwich plus hot chips with mayonnaise = heaven.

And one to cause controversy, but very occasionally, soy sauce. If in the mood, a little soy sauce on chips with steak can be mouth-wateringly good.

Ketchup is the work of satan. Brown sauce is great, but not on chips. Hendersons relish (my wife’s family are from Sheffield) is for pies and pies only.

Close the thread now, I’ve sorted it for you all.

dannyh
    Free Member

P.S. Salt is a given (I was only referring to sauces).

daftvader
    Free Member

Hendersons is also good for cheese on toast….

dannyh
    Free Member

With cheese on toast it has to be encona West Indian hot pepper sauce. Fried onions are also good.

dannyh
    Free Member

Hmmmmmm.

Now I know what I’m having for lunch. A couple of rounds of cheese on toast with some fried onions. Perhaps some halved cherry tomatoes to the side.

Or as they would say on masterchef ‘sautéed onions with lightly grilled cheese served on a bed of grilled bed. Or some such other bullshit!

Squidlord
    Free Member

soy sauce on chips

Weirdo.

Ketchup is the work of satan

Outside, now!

😉

kcal

salt n sauce is Eeast Coast is it not?
    Still salt and vinegar here (along with puddings – red, white, black…

wrightyson
    Free Member

How did this descend into chip wars 😆

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

You don’t keep a stash of Sarson’s in case of emergency or even for normal use because the “non brewed condiemnt vinegar substitute” used in most chippers is pish anyway?

hanging’s too good for the likes of you

binners

Back to the original point – that would have been ok*, but I’m afraid you’ve committed a horrendous faux pas. Adidas Stan Smiths are the only acceptable white footwear! I thought this was a fact generally accepted by everyone?

* barring the addition of a Scouse accent. In which case you definitely nicked it! 😉

Drac

Ketchup is the work of satan

Vial stuff it’s for those who don’t like to enjoy good food so they can fowl their food with sweet sickly flavouring.

daftvader
    Free Member

Should binners be reported for putting a thread back to the original topic? 😆

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘So you lot would kill me or at least ring the polis!…’ is closed to new replies.