Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • So you chop someone head off and now you want to sue the prison service
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Just unbelievable !

Sometimes our law system completely amazes me !

he lost his right to anything…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35058076

piemonster

He might have, but what about everyone else?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Sounds like he fell up and down the stairs a few times to me! The official line on the TV news this morning was they were restraining him and he banged his head on a window 🙂 classic

zippykona

Give him the money and let Lee Rigby’s family sue this stupid little ****.
    This is your shitty life now, get used to it or even better go and meet your beloved god.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

What Piemonster said .

zippykona

May 20, 2011

AUGUSTA, GA – Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Ga. told police he observed a customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveilance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidealk were four Marines collecting toys for the Toys for Tots program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpt. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After police and an ambulance arrived at the scene, Cpt. Duggan was taken for treatment.

“The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw ….. injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off the curb after stabbing the Marine,” according to a police report. [/quote]

MoreCashThanDash

Because we live in a more civilised society than his beloved Islamic State, much as it pisses me off, he has the right to sue if he has a case.

If he wins, I hope Rigbys family can take it off him somehow.

Regardless, I have no real problem if he falls down the stairs every day of his sentence.

matt_outandabout

@zippykona and the kerbside marines 😆

nickjb
    Free Member

Pretty much what MCTD said. We have to be better than them in this scenario.

@zippykona and the kerbside marines

As is ever the case with these internet stories it didn’t actually happen like that. http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/stabbedmarine.asp

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

He’s serving a whole life sentence isn’t he? What does he need the money for?

retro83
    Free Member

piedi di formaggio – Member

He’s serving a whole life sentence isn’t he? What does he need the money for?

Two front teeth.

pictonroad

He can whistle for it.

Cougar

AUGUSTA, GA – Orville Smith [etc]

Not true, sadly. Or rather, it is, sort of, in that the robbery actually took place, but it’s wildly embellished and the injuries a complete fabrication (and the names are changed to make the perp obviously a black guy, his real name was Tracey).

Cougar

He can whistle for it.

Probably not any more.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I saw this in the news too

bigyinn
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-iFsxSNN2c[/video]

wwaswas

his real name was Tracey

‘cos that’s a white bloke’s name, obvs!

anagallis_arvensis

No he didnt and thats why we are better than them.
    I just hope the cameras were faulty when he fell 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Indeed it seems to amaze you, but we can’t help your not getting the nuances of Britain not running a medieval “justice” system.

jimjam
    Free Member

It’s a shocking indictment of britain’s criminals that prison guards have had to deal with this man in this way. They should just put him in a cell with Charles Bronson and let the chips fall where they may.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[/quote]Because we live in a more civilised society than his beloved Islamic State, much as it pisses me off, he has the right to sue if he has a case.

+1 it’s what we have to lose if we end up with a simply vindictive justice system.

martinhutch

He can whistle for it.

Guilty lol

duckman

Nah,treat him with humanity and compassion and show him everyday that WE are better than him. Oh,and if he gets money,let the family of Lee Rigby sue him for every penny.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

He has all the sympathy I believe that his situation deserves.

wilburt
    Free Member

Sometime I like to keep things simple even in complex situations, no reason his time in custody should be pleasant.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So you chop someone head off and now you want to sue the prison service

Just unbelievable !

Why?

I’m not in the least bit surprised that he wants to sue the prison service.

Taking the prison service to court seem perfectly compatible with wanting to chop someone’s head off.

Or are beheaders known for their reluctance to sue?

footflaps

They should just put him in a cell with Charles Bronson and let the chips fall where they may.

Then we’d be no better than ISIS…..

br
    Free Member

For all those happy for him to get a kicking; what level of criminal are you comfortable for this to occur to?

i.e. when do you give carte blanche for the wardens (and other prisoners) to assault a prisoner? A murderer maybe, a rapist or a burglar or just anyone convicted of anything?

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s a shocking indictment of britain’s criminals that prison guards have had to deal with this man in this way. They should just put him in a cell with Charles Bronson and let the chips fall where they may.

Not sure whether you’re talking about the guards or the prisoner there.

You mean the same legal system that quickly and fairly convicted him?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’m not happy for him to get a kicking.

I’m just finding it difficult to be particularly sympathetic.

Then we’d be no better than ISIS…..

No, we’d be no better than ISIS if we made a low quality video (using technology developed by all the people we purport to hate) of a “soldier” slicing his head off, then crowing about how glorious our army is and how god will give us some jolly nice afterlife reward for all this. Then posting it on the internet.

By comparison, falling down the stairs seems rather humane.

outofbreath
    Free Member

For all those happy for him to get a kicking; what level of criminal are you comfortable for this to occur to?

Middle lane hogging.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Nah,treat him with humanity and compassion and show him everyday that WE are better than him. Oh,and if he gets money,let the family of Lee Rigby sue him for every penny.

This. 100pc this.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Classic abuse of legal aid. If you are a Jihadist why not waste the UK tax payers money like this ?

footflaps

By comparison, falling down the stairs seems rather humane.

If you’re happy condoning violence as being acceptable for revenge, where does it end? AIUI his original crime was supposedly revenge for the deaths against his brothers, by the military, in the Middle East.

SaxonRider

May 20, 2011
    “The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw ….. injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off the curb after stabbing the Marine,” according to a police report.

Sometimes karma is swift. It is true that we should do our best to rise above those who carry out violent acts, but when we succumb to our humanity and administer a bit of a shitkicking to those who live by it, then I can easily be coaxed into turning a blind eye, while quietly smiling.

footflaps

I suspect he’s been encouraged to do this by ISIS. It will stir up interracial hatred in the UK, which will increase the susceptibility of British Muslims to radicalisation, hence feeding the machine.

iolo
    Free Member

This kind of story incites even more hatred towards the man. It also helps people think that terrorism is awful – which of course it is.
    My concern being a cynic is – is this some kind of propaganda led to help justify the bombings of Syria and wherever else needs bombing (in the mind of our leader)? ie Get everyone so incensed that he’s doing it thus reinforcing the idea that bombing is a great idea.

jimjam
    Free Member

footflaps

They should just put him in a cell with Charles Bronson and let the chips fall where they may.

Then we’d be no better than ISIS….. [/quote]

I don’t agree footflaps. I agree with those saying he shouldn’t be tortured, and I do believe one difference in our society and an ISIS society would be how we in the “civilised” world should treat our prisoners….ie not setting them on fire in a cage. However, he is serving a life sentence for a heinous murder and I don’t believe that should be a life sentence of watching sky sports and playing pool.

My post was intended to be somewhat tongue in cheek, but if he spends his days avoiding savage beatings from other prisoners I doubt anyone would lose any sleep over it, he chose to be there. I don’t think prison staff or anyone in a position of authority should intentionally or systematically abuse him.

konabunny
    Free Member

Classic abuse of legal aid. If you are a Jihadist why not waste the UK tax payers money like this ?

JAMBAFACT!

1) there’s no legal aid for personal injury claims

2) the articles don’t say he is getting legal aid

3) respected legal journal The Sun (whose article the BBC article is based) even said (had you bothered to read it)

changes to the law mean he is unlikely to get legal aid

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I suspect he’s been encouraged to do this by ISIS. It will stir up interracial hatred in the UK, which will increase the susceptibility of British Muslims to radicalisation, hence feeding the machine.

It was/is a tactic for Al Qaeda captives to manipulate the legal system for propaganda to undermine its credibility don’t know if ISIS’d be too bothered with this ‘tard though

Let him have his few quid, fat lot of good it’ll do him in Belmarsh

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘So you chop someone head off and now you want to sue the prison service’ is closed to new replies.