Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • So yesterday…
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

While out shopping at Asda, I noticed a police car parked across a hatched area with No Parking written across it.

Just for the hell of it, I took a photo and tweeted it to Cheshire Police, they’ve now tweeted me back asking if I would like to contact the Inspector at Cheshire Police HQ to discuss it.

What would you do?

This is the photo btw http://twitter.com/steve_b77/status/353546848318918657/photo/1

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

How do you know they weren’t attending a crime?

Imagine if they were there, and it was a life threatening situation, and they had to find a parking spot.

IMO you should never of tweeted the photo.

joat

Only if they come back out with donuts and shakes should you take a photo and tweet it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ooops, my bad it would appear.

To be honest, it’s not the first time I’ve seen it in that car park, although they usually pick a taxi pick up / drop off point

uselesshippy
    Free Member

That will be plods excuse….
    I’ve got pics of 4 pcso’s parking in a disabled bay.
    And why shouldn’t he tweet the pic? Are all coppers above the suspicion now?

willber
    Free Member

get a life

IanMunro
    Free Member

Things that spring to mind.
    No law is being broken parking there.
    The police may have permission to park there.
    The area may even be marked as no parking expressly so that emergency services have somewhere to park.
    All conjecture mind, but worth considering if you have your meeting with the inspector 🙂

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

You did the right thing… there is plenty of it going on and if they want respect and authority, they should lead by example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-23126079

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

He shouldn’t tweet the pic as he, obviously, doesn’t know why it was parked there.

If he has reasonable suspicion wait and ask the officers. Then, if they can’t justify why they were parked there tweet away.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Surely if the emergency services have permission to park there it would be marked as such?

mogrim

IMO you should never of tweeted the photo

Why not? Police are public servants, paid for by the public, and the powers we give them come with responsibility. Unless they have something to hide why should they be concerned about being filmed?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I agree but look at my above post. Wait and ask them. Surely if they are parked there for a reason they will happily tell you and thank you for your concern.

andymc06
    Free Member

+1 Willber

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

+2 Willber

pingu66
    Free Member

Could you imagine the conversation asking our police officers why they were parked there if they did not have a legitimate reason for being parked there. It would have been a whole different post indeed.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

But at least then he can post the tweet pic in the knowledge he is right.

Rorschach
    Free Member

…..all your troubles seemed so far away.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

It’s a car park owned by Asda. I fail to see a law being broken.

tomhoward

I’d give myself a pat on the back for having a good try at creating a news story from nothing. Top trolling sir, well done you.

What exactly do you hope to achieve from this? Start a revolution?
    🙄

IanMunro
    Free Member

Surely if the emergency services have permission to park there it would be marked as such?

Possibly, possibly not.
    For all you and I know, they might have to regularly turn up to pick up shoplifters and it might be a known agreement with the store manager and police to park there.
    It’s a bit like when ramblers complain about you cycling on a footpath. They have no knowledge of what agreements you have in place with the landowner to be cycling there.

DezB
    Free Member

asking if I would like to contact the Inspector at Cheshire Police HQ to discuss it.

Sounds like you read this as some kind of threat? Maybe they’ll just explain it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nope not a threat, just wondering

steve_b77
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member
    I’d give myself a pat on the back for having a good try at creating a news story from nothing. Top trolling sir, well done you.
    What exactly do you hope to achieve from this? Start a revolution?

You never know, stranger things have happened on this here t’interweb forum

DezB
    Free Member

Oi, Steve… are you omitting part of the story…?

Thank you to those who brought to our attention a video of a male urinating on our #police car. We have charged a male re this matter today.

😆

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Tweet back, ” your not gonna beat me up again are you?” 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

Oi, Steve… are you omitting part of the story…?
    Thank you to those who brought to our attention a video of a male urinating on our #police car. We have charged a male re this matter today.

Nope, perhaps he was annoyed at their parking too :mrgreen:

MrOvershoot

Never mind all that guff Steve…

ASDA!!!!!!!! you’ve changed

steve_b77
    Free Member

MrOvershoot – Member
    Never mind all that guff Steve…
    ASDA!!!!!!!! you’ve changed

T’was for cheap booze and plastic footballs

project
    Free Member

While out shopping at Asda, I noticed a police car parked across a hatched area with No Parking written across it.

With those skills of detecting a crime im surprised your not in the Police.

It ASDA to be a cop though.

And you AS DA best BE reporting them, theyll most probabaly get an ASBO, = ASDA SAYS BUGGER OFF.

I ASDA be going now run out of puns

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ok, ok, enough of the Asda jokes. There’s a recession on and how else am I meant to afford a bike collection 😉

project
    Free Member

Ok, ok, enough of the Asda jokes. There’s a recession on and how else am I meant to afford a bike collection

ASDA SELL BIKES, SHOCKER.

You ASDA be taking the pizz

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘So yesterday…’ is closed to new replies.