Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • So, Xtr Trail brakes with Sram Xx1
  • downhilldave

Totaled a lever/ master cylinder at the weekend on an Avid Xo Trail brake, in the past had lots of problems with brake noise but that is sorted now. Is there a fix so I don’t need an extra clamp with the 9020 Trail brakes? l like the Avid/Sram fit “eg” one clamp.Running XX1 and a Reverb

akira

Think problem solvers might do an adapter.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not sure about the reverb but problem solvers definitely do something to mount the shifters on the brakes, called MisMatch adapters I think and can be had from sjs cycles here.

nickdavies

Could be wrong but i’m pretty sure you can’t get a mismatch shifter adapter for the new I-spec 2 yet, which is what you’ll need for the 9020’s. It’s ‘coming soon’…

I managed to codge together an i-spec adapter for my X01 shifter using some spare bits of sram mount, a bench grinder and a bit of hunting for the right bolt which worked but was a bit agricultural to say the least.

Nothing for the reverb anyway really, you have to run it right or left of the brake clamp which is a bit annoying cos the sram MMX puts it in just the right place, so with a shimano mix it just feels a bit odd.

mrblobby
    Free Member

FFS, so now we have i-spec A, i-spec B and i-spec 2…?!

downhilldave

Cheers for the info guys

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So, Xtr Trail brakes with Sram Xx1’ is closed to new replies.