Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • So, Xt M785 bleeding…
  • vincienup
    Free Member

Hopefully my last dumb question for a bit.

The free travel screw. . For proper bleeding does it need to be screwed in or out? Guessing ‘in’ as that’s how they came, but just asking as I’m getting a bit sick of bleeding and still having a lever pull back to an inch or so from the bar… So far as I can tell, there’s air in there somewhere that’s stuck… Epic bleed kit and method, BTW… I’ve already had a suggestion of pulling the fluid back through to the syringe and then pushing back minus any air before getting to the bag bit…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Out.

ssboggy

Instructions on the Epic Bleed solutions site says to screw it out (it’s in the comments bit at the bottom of the shimano page)
    I’ve just been reading them as I need to do my Xt’s

BoardinBob

Free stroke adjust screw wound out considerably

Reach adjuster wound out fully

zedz
    Free Member

B*ll*cks! Well that’s this afternoon wasted. Why don’t I read the destructions properly!

vincienup
    Free Member

OK, one more bleed coming up…

Can’t believe I missed that point in the Epic instructions!

Also, I’m struggling to understand how this is easier than bleeding Avids… 😉

john_l
    Free Member

Why would you use this bleed kit instead of the shimano one? Genuine question as I need to bleed my 785s.

cp

It does make a difference too, out all the way.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Yes the free stroke adjuster does need to be wound out before bleeding. If it is all the way in it will isolate the master cylinder completely preventing any fluid from flowing in which has confused more than a few people.

John_l – our Shimano bleed kit aims to save you money and our lever syringe method is a direct replacement for the Shimano funnel. We will soon be bundling our very own tube holder with our Shimano bleed kit very soon which addresses the only short fall in the kit at the moment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘So, Xt M785 bleeding…’ is closed to new replies.