Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • So, XBox One or PS4?
  • smogmonster

Only 6 or so weeks to go until the big battle kicks off, and I’m rather excited. I’ve had both preordered since it was possible to do so, with the intention of cancelling one once the launch details were finalised, ordering both is just daft really. I’m rather torn about which to cancel. The initial decision was easy as MS were basically making every disastrous decision that it could possibly make…DRM, lack of second hand market etc, whereas Sony were making all the right noises.The prices,with the PS4 at £80 cheaper also meant that I was pretty certain the XB was getting the boot. However MS have really pulled things around…a free copy of Fifa 14, free headphones, the ability to switch off bloody Kinect, and most importantly, the better games line up…Forza 5, Dead Rising 3 and the almighty looking Titanfall. Sony do have some good looking exclusives as well, namely Killzone, Infamous Second Son and The Order:1883. I also prefer XBox Live to PSN. But still I cant decide.

What are you lot going to be getting, if either?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Ps4 when my ps3 finally gives up the ghost…. Won’t be long now I’m sure.

MS were reactive and it struck me that they couldn’t see the very obvious flaws in the xb1 from the start.

Gunz
    Free Member

Halo

TheFlyingOx

Halo Schmalo. Have you seen this:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Jx5__c1lY[/video]

That’s why a PS4 is coming my way.
    And to counter Forza, there’s the PS4 alternative:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYdquqDSGDE[/video]

bigrich

destiny is on xbone too.

sony are a better hardware manufacturer, microsoft are a better software company. they tried to move things on by making it appeal to non gamers and that went down like a ton of bricks.

the DRM thing, if your developers are spending squillions on tripleA titles, yet only seeing like, 50% of the sales, you can kinda see the point.

I reckon they’ll all be much of a muchness.

Nes over master system, now there’s the truth.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Definitely PS4 for me, tho will probably wait til next year another the first wave of bugs have been worked out, having had the last 3 playstations, I was thinking it was time for a change but the Xbox one looks like a train wreck and MS have lost the plot! Titanfall is the only thing that looks any cop and that will come to PS4 6-12 months later anyway

johndoh
    Free Member

manufacturer, microsoft are a better software company.

Sorry? Microsoft good at software?

😮

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m looking forwards to the new kinect, I like the old one, we use the voice operation every day. you will too.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It’s all about the controller for me. The dual shock sticks are awful.

I had both pretty ordered but cancelled my ps4.

anonymouse
    Free Member

It’s all about the games. There are fewer and fewer console exclusives, but they remain the only way to choose. For me it’d be PS4 for whatever Naughty Dog and Team Ico do next.

Cougar

In honesty, I don’t think I’m going to be an early adopter. The 360 is serving me well and I’ve invested heavily in it; for instance, what am I going to do with all my Rock Band kit when I replace the console?

I think what I’m going to do is wait till the games dry up, then see how much next-gen games are going for and then make a decision based on what most of my mates have bought.

As a stop-gap, once the new ones are out I might pick up a PS3 once they’re being sold off for twenty quid so I can play the exclusives like Heavy Rain and The Last of Us.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

+1 for waiting until the middle of next year at least, probably go with ps4 this time after having a 360 for the last 7 years, depends on what bugs are found and ironed out though.

bigrich

Sorry? Microsoft good at software?

did I say good? I said better.

crush83
    Free Member

Well I am a hardcore Xbox fan but am off to Afghanistan early November so will see what’s what when I get back in March. Most likely a Xbox one.

Klunk
    Free Member

have to agree with ms losing the plot I think ps4 is the better option all things considered.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

SteamOs.

Wait to see what Valve brings out. It could be the surprise that cracks the 2 horse race wide open.

Drac

SteamOS and it’s rumoured console is what could be one of the biggest changes to gaming industry in along time. Looking forward to see where it goes.

Daffy

I’m having both. It’s £350 to remove a potential complication from my life. Peanuts.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Xb1 for me but not on Launch day. I’ll get one towards back end of next year. I still have a few games to finish first. Gta v, fable 2 and 3

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘So, XBox One or PS4?’ is closed to new replies.