Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • So will this encourage you to drive a hybrid?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I saw the pictures on the billboards and magazines and said "Yeah, looks way cooler than a Prius or Honda's Civic Hybrid variant" but then saw one in the flesh today and thought "Hmmm….maybe not". Ain't that always the case. I don't think I'll ever stop falling for pretty pictures in magazines.

stuey
    Free Member

Hybrids are evil planet raping cons – I despise and spit on their marketing.

[and breath]

Edric64
    Free Member

Not unless someone buys it for me I don't pay over 2 grand for cars much less if I can get away with it

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Whispering… apparently it's actually pretty good

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It's more the look of it really…

Most mass market hybrids have looked nerdy over the last few years.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stuey, +1.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Whispering… apparently it's actually pretty good

Honda may not set the world alight with excitement (some people like their "R" types, personally I'm not a fan) and they do make the Jazz 🙄

But they don't make bad cars either.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Stuey, +1.

Jeebus guys…no need to be such haterz. Issues? 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

and they do make the Jazz

While I'd admit the Jazz might not be exciting they're great little cars, which is why we have two! I can get my bike in the back of mine without the need to remove wheels etc.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

they're great little cars,

You're not wrong.

we have two!

Ah now…that might be pushing it 🙂

Ewan
    Free Member

I saw two of those in convoy on the motorway a couple of weeks ago. Didn't know what it was at the time, but I thought they looked cool enough to find out…

Travis

heard that Steve Jobs and Armstrong have put in orders for the new Nissan Leaf

jahwomble
    Free Member

On my medication, they are cagey about even letting me ride a bike,mind you with the performance limitations of a hybrid i could just about crawl around frightening rabbits and sliding decorously off dustbins.

No, no i've had time to think about.

simon_g

At over 99g/km it'll not have exemption from the congestion charge, and as it's a manual it'll be just as annoying to drive in traffic as any other manual car. Both of which are a big deal when you consider most of your customers live in cities. I passed a Honda dealer today that had one in the showroom so I'll have to drop in and have a look/drive for myself though. I saw one on the road (in what turned out to be the evo grouptest) a little while ago and it did look great in white.

The way a Prius (and the fortcoming Auris HSD, Lexus CT200h) just creep along effortlessly at slow speeds is a huge part of what makes them so appealing for city driving. The Honda hybrid systems just don't deliver enough juice to allow electric-only running so every time you move off, the engine has to start.

In answer to the original question, No.

What advantage does it offer over a 20 year old 3.9l Land Rover 110 on LPG ?

uplink
    Free Member

I'm not interested in anything that attempts to do away with things like this 🙂

tiggs121
    Free Member

Is that one of those old "engine" things?

votchy
    Free Member

uplink – now that's a 'proper' engine, that something you own??

stuey
    +2 – biggest con going these hybrids, the prius cradle to grave being more environmentally damaging than a LR discovery (facts available if googled)

bol

I've got a recent prius and I really like it. I don't think it looks too bad, it's reasonably quick, takes bikes easily, comfortable and cheaper to run in every respect than anything I've had I ages. I'm not convinced by the "planet raping" stuff. Unless you make your car out of locally sourced bamboo and run it on wind, there will always be some impact. It's worth looking at the facts about the new prius before flaming me by the way.

I quite like the look of the little Honda, but it's no quicker than my prius, not as economical and won't swallow bikes.

john_drummer
    Free Member

not until they come in 'estate' format. Looks nice enough but if it won't swallow a bike I have no chance with a 7 piece drum kit

rOcKeTdOg

Steve Jobs and Armstrong [/b]

Who?

vinnyeh

+2 – biggest con going these hybrids, the prius cradle to grave being more environmentally damaging than a LR discovery (facts available if googled)

equally, a brief piece here on the reports shortcomings. I think that report was one for the kneejerkers.

uplink
    Free Member

Steve Jobs and Armstrong
    Who?

you must have had a sheltered childhood, everyone knows Armstrong, Steve Jobs though?

bassspine
    Free Member

I saw one of the new Hondas yesterday, it looked fantastic on the road, but I've always liked that Civicky styling

biggest con going these hybrids, the prius cradle to grave being more environmentally damaging than a LR discovery (facts available if googled)

equally, a brief piece here on the reports shortcomings

interesting to see a counter argument to the hummer vs prius piece.

vinnyeh

The Honda does look nice, the've drawn heavily on the CR-X styling.
    I'd love to see a new NS-X hybrid though.

samuri
    Free Member

I think the new Honda could well be a goer. It looks quite good which is the problem most hybrids have had up till now. I have no idea why but car manufacturers up till now seem to have had a great idea for a more economical car, and then hand it over to someone with a mental problem to design the outside. (Although I'm happy to accept this description encompasses most designers). They seem to have missed the point that a lot of people will still place looks of a car very high up in their choice critera.

br
    Free Member

Looks a 2-seater, what good's that?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I was playing with one in the Honda dealer while having the post mortem on my Type R. Quite nice to look at. A bit cramped. If it wasn't a hybrid though I don't think it would have made it to market. Why are compromises allowed on hybrids that wouldn't be on normal cars?

rOcKeTdOg

oh, i thought you meant lance armstrong

who's this jobs bloke then?

D0NK

interesting to see a counter argument to the hummer vs prius piece.

yeah the original reoprt is probably bobbins but I'd bet a lot that with prius vs similar sized modest diesel engined family car the prius would loose.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I saw one outside the local honda dealers at the weekend, thought it looked nice and I'm in the market for a new small car. Checked the performance figures on the web and fuel consumption is something like 55mpg combined, whihc I'm not impressed with.

I'm much more impressed with the claimed figures of the seat ibiza sc ecomotive figures are 76.3mpg. And it's a lot less expensive too.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘So will this encourage you to drive a hybrid?’ is closed to new replies.