• This topic has 61 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • So will Heston Blumenthal fix little chef?
  • davidrussell
    Free Member

boardingbob –

That was my first reaction to the guy but hey, he seems(ed) really happy in his job so whats the harm? He said he’d always dreamed of working for LC so fair play to him i guess.

then something profound struck me that everything (nearly) must be somebody’s dream.

I always wanted to cut grass for the council when i was young….

Zedsdead
    Free Member

He started 25 or more years ago and made it to manager.

I thought he’s done well.

You guys are harsh man….. harsh.

sheldona
    Free Member

I thought the program was more of an advert for a black BMW M5 and a big watch he kept flashing in front of the camera!

kimbers

i did a summer cutting back trees and bushes mowing lawns for the council once, was best bit of agency wotk i ever got

davidrussell
    Free Member

kimbers – totally agree. You cant beat working outside in the summer. There are benefits to cutting the cooncils grass:

1. get to look at all the birds down the park
    2. work on your tan
    3. feel manly because you are operating something dangerous

it has its downsides though..

1. dog sh!t – tons of it. bl00dy health hazard
    2. it rains a lot in Scotland so you get wet and covered in sh!t
    3. the birds dont sunbathe cos its always raining

actually its a rubbish job….

kaiser
    Free Member

Got a voucher offering 1/2 price breky at the little shite. well we thought …may as well give it a go. when we looked at the prices , even with the voucher it was laughable….we drove on!

GrahamS

Part Two on now.

Who the **** can’t cook scrambled egg?
    Granted they aren’t chefs and their jobs don’t really require them to be, but how do you even make it to adulthood without being able to do scrambled egg?

marsdenman
    Free Member

omg, scary, scary, very scary……………….

aracer
    Free Member

Quite – all you have to do is bung it in the microwave. If you want really nice scrambled eggs OTOH, whilst it’s not rocket science it’s not exactly obvious and straightforward to a lot of people (I can certainly do a rubbish job sometimes if I’m not concentrating).

BoardinBob

Car crash television of the highest order. I was cringing every time the MD came on screen. A real life David Brent.

“I’ve met a lot of celebrities. One of the nicest ones was the woman from Hi De Hi. I can’t remember her name but that’s not important”

😳

miketually
    Free Member

The boss reminds me of a guy I work with 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

This country is crying out for a chain or two of decent roadside eateries. I think one of the main problems is the weird monopoly legislations around motorway service stations. End it now and we can all have a great choice of eating at every junction, like they do in the US 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I went for an interview at Little Chef’s financial HO in Sheffield a few months back.

The company was in absolute finacial direstraits then, but they said they had some thing happening that was going to transform the company….but they couldnt say what which was currently being trialed.

I’m glad I didnt accept the job the CE acts like a real kn@b.

matthewjb
    Free Member

End it now and we can all have a great choice of eating at every junction, like they do in the US

I don’t think that will help. The US is hardly the high water mark of catering.

The main problem is that British people are prepare to pay good money for bad food. Hence why Little Chef still exists.

Compare that with the standard of food you get at, say, a French service station where you can get a steak cooked to order.

boblo
    Free Member

France is ace, specially the cooking 😛

Compare their layby food with our Little Thief tat or horrible greasy knackered caravans. It’s a disgrace I tell thee.

Bob

joe1983
    Free Member

The CEO was indeed a blue sky ****, but the staff need a good kick up the arse – seems they have been allowed to wallow in the status quo for far too long. Agree with the ‘english pay good money for bad food’ but one of the problems is some people have never experienced ‘good’ food so accept ‘bad’ food as the norm. Anyway, here’s the review in the sunday times somebody mentioned a while back:

Little Review

boblo
    Free Member

Poor Heston, stitched up like a Lapsang souchong infused kipper. If they roll out his Popham model to anywhere else, I’ll have a double portion of snail porridge.

Bob

mudshark
    Free Member

I missed the 1st episode but from what I saw the boss seemed OK to me!

chewkw
    Free Member

I am not sure why people turn their noses up on snail?

I love whelk too. A bit rubbery for your taste.

😆

NZCol

I accidentally went to one last time i was in the UK – for some reason that I can’t remember they couldn;t do breakfasts but could do me a bacon roll. It was OK but then there is limited scope to go wrong with a bacon roll. They did try and charge me 5 quid for it though which i bartered down a bit from memory. I was a total sh1thole though and even the lolly didn;t make up for it. Utter utter pish. On our road trip we favoured the M&S stores for sangers and juice and fruit – was cheaper and better.

chewkw
    Free Member

I think the price and quality there will be the main factor.

Like it or not I still think anything more than £10 need something very special.

£14 for a stake … hmmm … if they are cook by Heston Bloodymental I will pay for that because of his ego. But if they are cooked by those at little chef … nope!

😆

Drac

Quite – all you have to do is bung it in the microwave.

Your fired.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘So will Heston Blumenthal fix little chef?’ is closed to new replies.