Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • So Wiggle have switched to Yodel
  • legend
    Free Member

Anyone else had the pleasure yet? Order 1 of 1 so far was put straight in the full, damp, dirty garden bin rather than where it was meant to go – they actually had to walk considerably further than required just to do a bad job, at least they are committed I suppose 🙄

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just choose the DPD option.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Was fine for me last week

mattbee

2 orders out of 2 delivered successfully & within the time slot (although “with you by 9pm tonight” is a bit of a broad window).

ocrider

They use DHL sending to the continent. My recommendation would be to emigrate.

legend
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member

Just choose the DPD option.

Not convinced there was one (EDIT: ah I see it now, the Guaranteed Next Day, probably worth the extra £1 over the Priority Tracked I paid for). It was DX, but they’ve dropped them for Yodel.

There’s the Collect+ option I suppose, might be more reliable

mrblobby
    Free Member

I can still see DPD option.

gobuchul
    Free Member

IME DPD are by far best couriers by a mile.

mrchrispy

Last 2 (small items) were free delivery and with Royal Mail.
    No issues whats so ever.

I wouldnt touch Yodel with yours

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

RM here.

OP in jumping gun shocker.

slowoldman

I’ve just placed an order with the collect option. We’ll see how it goes.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, they where “sorry to have missed me” yesterday..

Despite the wife being in all day.

Its still out for delivery today with no way of tracking where it is..

Oh, and the other bits I ordered 2 days later, and didn’t pay for express delivery turned up yesterday.

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s a bit of a catch 22 for retailers. Customers want their free delivery, so retailers need to use cheap couriers. The customer gets bad service from the courier and whinges about it online mentioning the retailer. They could just charge a bit more and use a decent courier but then the customer will take their money elsewhere to a retailer that is prepared to use a cheap courier. Hence perpetuating the existence of the likes of Yodel.

If I was a retailer I’d do what wiggle does and offer a decent courier option at extra cost. And if the customer does select the “free delivery” courier I’d pop up some sort of warming/disclaimer/are you sure box!

molgrips
    Free Member

My neighbour is a Yodel driver. Very convenient.

legend
    Free Member

OP in jumping gun shocker

Que? Wiggle told me that they’ve dropped DX for Yodel. Do you know better?

It’s a bit of a catch 22 for retailers. Customers want their free delivery, so retailers need to use cheap couriers. The customer gets bad service from the courier and whinges about it online mentioning the retailer. They could just charge a bit more and use a decent courier but then the customer will take their money elsewhere to a retailer that is prepared to use a cheap courier. Hence perpetuating the existence of the likes of Yodel.

All very true, except this wasn’t the free option.

mrhoppy

Given how spectacularly shit DX are even Model is going to be a step up.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘So Wiggle have switched to Yodel’ is closed to new replies.