Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • so WHY should the Iranians tell the rest of the world what they are doing?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

that's not a satellite picture. It's from a plane. Iran don't like people flying planes over secret facilities and taking pictures.

OK fair enough. Although I'm sure that as soon as someone from US intelligence declared "those feckers are building something on the side of a mountain" a drone would have been sent to have a closer look – whether or not the Iranians liked the idea. Specially as Qom was already known (since at least 2003) to the IAEA as a nuclear waste transfer and disposal site.

The Bush administration has been flying surveillance drones over Iran for nearly a year to seek evidence of nuclear weapons programs

Accord to Iran, the Qom facility [God willing] will be switched on very soon. So obviously work has been going on there for a very long time. I repeat that I find the timing of these revelations 'suspicious'. Maybe it is connected to the fact that the UN are meeting at the moment. Possibly the fact that the UN today discussed in an emergency meeting called by Brazil, the military backed coup in Honduras in which many believe the US had some involvement in, had some bearing. I do know that the US likes to manipulate public and world opinion.

muddydwarf – is to ooze and conceal not the same then ? 😀 …… my apologies. My english has never been good, and mild dyslexia never helps in such matters. I rely heavily on spellcheck to get me out of trouble – although it obviously can't stop me from talking bollox 😐

EDIT : When I said 'my english has never been good', I meant grammatically and spelling wise……….. I can speak the **** language 😯

GrahamS

I'm sure that as soon as someone from US intelligence declared "those feckers are building something on the side of a mountain" a drone would have been sent

agreed, but as I said there is a big difference between intelligence services spying on them and making public accusations at the UN.

I repeat that I find the timing of these revelations 'suspicious'.

well I believe they were due to hold talks with Iran in October, so raising the issue before the talksseems like a reasonable thing to do to me.

I do know that the US likes to manipulate public and world opinion.

it's not just the US involved though is it? The accusations have been made by US, UK and France. And Iran have subsequently been condemned by China, Russia and most of the UN.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘so WHY should the Iranians tell the rest of the world what they are doing?’ is closed to new replies.