Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • So why should I buy a singular swift – lets have a look at yours (oh er mrs)
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Thinking of ordering a swift when they next in stock, lets have a look at yours so I can make up,my mind. 6ft 4" and 34" inside leg – large or XL, what do you ride at your height ?
    XL looks a bit tooo large even for me ?

Lets have a look 🙄

sadexpunk

sockpuppet

they do look nice…

rOcKeTdOg
    luked2
    Free Member

Medium, 5'8. About 32"-33" inside leg.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

rocket,
    luke,
    what rim/hub combo ?

luked2
    Free Member

Stan's arch rims. DMR revolver front and rear (screw-on freewheel). They were built for me by Head for the Hills.

rOcKeTdOg

ancient hope xc on DT x470 rims Built by Goz @ Cheltenham Cycles

bigsi
    Free Member

Great bike's. Currently in bits in the shed waiting some TLC.

For the record 6'5" with 34" inside leg riding an XL with a 70mm stem and its a perfect fit for long distance stuff but not too much standover if I'm being honest 😕

bunnerscj
    Free Member

cheers fellas 😆

paulS
    Free Member

6ft 2" and a 32" inside leg on a large.
    Very happy with it….

Paul

ctznsmith
    Free Member

i'm 6"4 with a 35 ish inside leg and i ride an xl, but i don't have much seatpost showing and only 1-2 inches standover. But it feels right in terms of length and position.

pedalhead
    Free Member

mmm nice. I can see one of these or something similar in my future.

AverageMark
    Free Member

Sam's also a pleasure to deal with – even when your stupid enough to bend your forks by riding into the back of a parked van. (Cheers Sam)

Megatron

LordOnOne
    Free Member

AntLockyer
    Free Member

The one in the magazine this month was seriously good looking.

Clink

They all look very nice! The only criticism the Swifts ever seem to receive (on mtbr too) is the standover is a little tight. I wonder if Sam will revise this on future models?

petefromearth

i bought one earlier this year and absolutely love it. very impressed with the quality and finish. mine is a Large and i'm 6'3" with a 34" inside leg. fits like a glove! the top tube length is just right for me

initially i built it up with the parts off my old bike. bar position is a little high but i'll get some flat bars at some stage. got it set up 1×9 at the moment which is working really well (minor grumble: cable guide for the front mech is in a bit of a daft place)

the wheels are Hope Pro II with Salsa Semi rims

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Anybody on here own up to buying mine? I can't remember who i sold it too, but it was lovely. Really starting to want another.

singlespeedstu

I'm feeling a bit left out here.

So I'll post some pics of my Gryphon. 😆

sofaking
    Free Member

5 10 and ride a medium

now got rebas and risers on it but soon to go back to rigids

luked2
    Free Member

sofaking – that bike is awesome. 29er, drop bars, single speed (?), BB7s – so far so niche. But that fork! Eclectic or what!

rOcKeTdOg

tree hanging is it?

i'd sell my granny for a pegasus though

Andy

i'd sell my granny for a pegasus though

i'd sell your granny for a Pegasus too, and I'd also dig up both of mine and sell them too!

😆

sofaking
    Free Member

sofaking – that bike is awesome. 29er, drop bars, single speed (?), BB7s – so far so niche. But that fork! Eclectic or what!

i know it looks a bit marmite with the lefty on but it rides really well.
    the fork is now waiting patiently for a new frame to arrive 😉

rOcKeTdOg

loads more Singulars here btw http://www.flickr.com/groups/1010382@N22/

luked2
    Free Member

Marmite is good 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

marmite is yukz

singlespeedstu

How would you know how it rides.
    You just push it to a local photo spot and take pictures of it.

ferrit32
    Free Member

Heres mine, not to eveyones taste as I ahe found out recently, but heyho I like it.

Medium – 5'8" 30" inside leg

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Don't really like 29ers but these look excellent (except the ones with road bars – are they honestly better off-road than risers or flats?). If my job changes and I have the option to ride to work, I might get one of these, SS it with some 700c slicks and a set of knobblies for summer 'I took the long way home' rides.

singlespeedstu

Congratulations ferrit.

You're the only person ever to make a Swift look terrible 😐

DBW.
    I can't see any road bars.

rOcKeTdOg

ferrit, WTF happened to the original forks?

ferrit32
    Free Member

Singlespeedstu – Thats your opinion ( and some others) but fortunatley I dont build bikes for group approval on STW. But your gracious comments are welcome.

rOcKeTdOg – The fork is still boxed. I wanted to try and reduce a bit of front end weight and speed the steering a little. I really wanted to try a set of Niner Carbons as per LordOnOne but didnt have £300 cash available to carry out an experiment so the Exotics will do the job for now. If I am happy with the bike in a few months time I will consider upgrading to a set of Niners.

I always felt the length of the stock forks made the bike look a bit chopperish.

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder, sounds like one of these would be more suited to what you're after…….(and its an excuse for me to hijack this swift thread and show off my peregrine)

luked2
    Free Member

except the ones with road bars – are they honestly better off-road than risers or flats?

I've got On-One Midge bars, which are wider and shallower than road drops.

I put them on as an experiment, but I kind of like them now. They've not been anywhere really gnarly though (yet).

Betamax
    Free Member

Swift disguised as Hummingbird.

cynic-al
    Free Member

WTF is up with that rack?

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘So why should I buy a singular swift – lets have a look at yours (oh er mrs)’ is closed to new replies.