Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • So whose hometown had an overwhelming influx of Romanians and Bulgarians?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My paternal 5xgreat-grandad was an Irish immigrant, who married an Italian immigrant. My maternal grandad was Scottish.

My wife’s 14xgreat-grandad was French.

Coming over here, providing the DNA that will eventually result in my children being born.

That’s not very impressive. At least I’m a proper foreign born immigrant.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Hora isn’t your missus of non-white British descent? And your surname would suggest some kind of cross European migration in the recent family history? Maybe that migration was forced due to oppression or war?
    I expect there are incidents similar to those in your street involving the same nationalities as your relatives going on in other peoples streets. Maybe you need to look at the bigger picture?
    Just a thought like no offence intended.

miketually
    Free Member

That’s not very impressive. At least I’m a proper foreign born immigrant.

I’m sat 600 metres from where I was born 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

ME! ME! we now have three swarthy looking bedraggled accordion players in our town. they’re better than normal British street-dwellers who just sit there on the pavement in their North Face sleeping bags feeding their dogs donated M&S sandwiches.

neilthewheel

I saw a big flock of Canada geese in field the other day. They come over here, eat all our grass…

brakes
    Free Member

Canada geese are a lot better looking than our white lot though aren’t they?

richmtb

My wife was born in Romania, although she is ethnically Hungarian.

She has both a Romanian and Hungarian passport, she travels mainly on the Hungarian one though because she tends to get better treatment if people don’t think she is Romanian. I think that’s pretty sad.

footflaps

I’m sat 600 metres from where I was born

How unadventurous! I’ve managed to move 3 miles!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘So whose hometown had an overwhelming influx of Romanians and Bulgarians?’ is closed to new replies.