Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • So who’s not done their tax return yet?
  • geoffj

I’ve got mine and MrsJs to do – will probably get the stuff together tonight 😐

handyman
    Free Member

am going to do mine online once i get the pin number from tax people

johnhoo
    Free Member

two weeks & a bit yet. plenty of time

Smee
    Free Member

Loads of time left. Whats the rush?

druidh
    Free Member

Not doing one for last year – but will have to do one in April

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thanks for the reminder, now where did I stash that pile of lies?

DavidB
    Free Member

I haven’t yet..but luckily my company develops tax return software so I don’t have to rely on HMRC’s web services.

5thElefant
    Free Member

My accountant is getting shirty but there’s no rush…

matthewjb
    Free Member

Did it at the end of December.

The HMRC site is pretty easy to use.

Although as usual I owe them money.

skidartist
    Free Member

did mine today. And have quite an exciting bill to pay. guess I chose the wrong month to up sticks and move house, find 2 months deposit and a whole house worth of furniture and white goods. Feb is going to be a but frugal.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve just thought I ought to sort mine out whilst I have a bit of free time. Now I’m on PAYE I hope they’ll tell me I don’t have to do one anymore – that’s what happened before anyway.

stompy

I had not even thought about it untill i read this, seems i have better, more exciting things on my mind….like….. hmmmmmm??!!

Anyway, I only became self (un)employed 4 month’s ago, I don’t need to do one this year do I???

matthewjb
    Free Member

I don’t need to do one this year do I???

You’ll need to do one for this tax year.

But that doesn’t have to be in until January 2010

chakaping
    Free Member

God you had me worried for a second there!

I have another 12 months though. Phew!

stompy

Haha, phew, nearly just did a little something in my……… 😯

seems a little unfair that we all have to go through the stress of tax returns purely so our lovely goverment can decide how much of our very hard earned cash they would like to take and spend on stuff none of us want…… it’s a crazy old world i tell ya……..

johnhoo
    Free Member

aye, but on the other hand, some of that money goes towards paying MrsHoo’s salary 😉

druidh
    Free Member

It’s years since I did one. The nice tax folk told me not to bother “unless my circumstances changed”. What’s the earliest you can submit one for 2008-09?

matthewjb
    Free Member

What’s the earliest you can submit one for 2008-09?

6 April 2009 I guess. Although the systems may not be working by then.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I did mine last May, paid my £15.67 tax bill in early June when the sent the bill all sorted.

Got a statement last week stating that I was all paid up and sorted….along with a leaflet entitled “Do your tax return now or DIE!” 😉 Nice use of funds there….

SSP

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs Stoner does all that for me. And the Company accounts. And the Company Tax. And the Company VAT.

When she runs off with the milkman, Im going to be so screwed…..

kona_uk
    Free Member

Done mine in October, as there were problems with the online application and the paper version had to be submitted my the end of October.

I then spent 2 days going through all the paper work ! 🙁

Not paid the tax man yet, leaving it until the very end.

surfer
    Free Member

Had to request a new user id and password for mine and the dog eat it as it came through the letterbox!

Gonna all be a bit last minute!

chakaping
    Free Member

Surfer – I bet they hear that one quite a lot.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I need to get one with mine, usually only takes me about 30 minutes online ones I start but I really can’t be bothered doing it.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Got mine in yesterday 🙂

Reading the above, not sure if everybody realises that you HAVE to do it online now. Last date for submitting a paper return was 31st October.

Also, remember you have to sign up to use the service online, then wait 4-5 days for your password to come through the post before you can get into the system.

geoffj

Right all numbers imagineered, all usernames and passwords found – reckon it’ll take about 30 minutes a pop to get them sorted……unless of course they’ve changed the categories/numbering! 🙂

geoffj

All done and paid through BillPay 😀

surfer
    Free Member

surfer
    Free Member

surfer
    Free Member

She loves the Tax man, couldnt eat a whole one though!

freeform5spot
    Free Member

done!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘So who’s not done their tax return yet?’ is closed to new replies.