Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • So who's got the Christmas tree up?
  • rone

Ours is up as are the decs. Want to enjoy it for as long as possible the better side of Christmas and then comes down before we go back to work.

Albanach
    Free Member

Ours is up as of yesterday. Watching my 2 year old decorate the tree was brilliant, she was so excited about hanging the decorations on her ‘Santa’ tree.

willard

Yup, ours went up on Saturday.

I would normally either not bother with a tree (because I try to spend Christmas away from home), or put it up as late as possible, probably the weekend before Christmas. However, my girlfriend really loves Christmas, so it is up and the weekend has been spent doing Christmas stuff.

It’s actually been quite nice, like being a kid again.

angeldust
    Free Member

No Words.

I have. Lighten up :-).

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yep.

8 footer in the lounge, 6 footer in the living room, 6 footer in the hall, 3 footer in the dining room, 3 more 3 footers in each of the kids rooms. That’s 26 feet* of Christmas trees.

‘s a Christmas forest. Panthers love a forest. 🙂

*excludes little plug-in fibreoptic trees

scotroutes

It was certainly tradition in Scotland to leave the tree up until after New Year – and that still seems to be most common. Remember, Xmas was never as big a festival as Hogmanay.

benp1

Our xmas tree went up on Satuday afternoon.

Wife and both kids got stuck in. I went out and walked the dogs! I’m not bah humbug, but CBA with the faff…

unklehomered
    Free Member

Given how things change I can anticipate a time when people put their trees up in November, and take them down mid December.

miketually
    Free Member

Ours always comes down on New Years Day, then the following weekend I burn it in the garden. Pine trees that have been indoors for a few weeks burn brilliantly! Stand it in an oil drum for maximum column-of-flame effect.

doris5000

I grew up in a strict ‘up on the 24th, down on jan 6th’ house.

wife is always keen to get a tree up in early Dec. We compromise somewhere in the middle….

BoardinBob

Life’s little pleasures.

All the lights off apart from the xmas tree and the other fairy lights around the room.

Good whisky by my side.

Xmas film on the tv.

Good times.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘So who's got the Christmas tree up?’ is closed to new replies.