Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • So who's got the Christmas tree up?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It would appear all of Facebook look at me land has the tree up. Managed to hold out till next weekend for the annual tree culling as my mate who always comes with us is working this weekend. Now, where did we put the lights during the renovation mayhem…..

sharkbait
    Free Member

Got our fake tree up in the kitchen and bought the real tree yesterday but it’s not going up until next weekend.

That’s pretty organised for us!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Next week 🙁

crankboy
    Free Member

We have due to the hospice we always buy from having their Xmas fair ridiculously early , nice real one chosen as it was thin so should allow some space in the room.
    I predict needle drop and a fruitless hunt for another 2 days before xmas

bearnecessities

EDIT: Scrap that, funnier by text.

MoreCashThanDash

Daughter is having friends sleep over in the living room for her birthday on 17th, so the tree can’t go up till after then.

Lights went in the window today though. 🙄

scotroutes

Ours is up.

In the attic.

senorj

Next weekend for us – the missus was concerned about needle drop.
    # first world issues.com!

Markie
    Free Member

lights on the front of the house and ornaments on the front lawn so far. Tree next week.

Real tree for the first year in a few, but wrightyson has probs seen it on FB 😉

Smells lovely

nosedive
    Free Member

Nipped out to wharnecliffe for an hour, came back and mrs nosedive and the kids had the tree up. Watched Elf. Classic. Its beginniing to look a lot like Christmas

marcus7
    Free Member

All done, my wife insists on it being the first week in December…. Oh and it’s on fb too yay me….

Drac

No.

nosedive
    Free Member

^^^^^^ Grinch

Drac

There’s 3 weeks to go, it’ll go up next week.

nosedive
    Free Member

To be fair mine would be xmas eve if it was left to me

Yak

Christmas eve would be my choice. Kids have chosen the 22nd though, so that’s fine too.

scotroutes

Ours is usually the weekend before Xmas, so probably 17th/18th this year.

aracer
    Free Member

Ours is up, I’d have happily waited a week, but kids wanted it. Is in a holder which has water in and the tree is usually still fine when it gets taken down on 6th Jan, so not at all worried about early needle drop.

iainc

12 nights before here, probably the last on the street to go up…..

fettlin

Plastic fantastic is up, just done this evening. Would have left for another week if I’d had my way but SWMBO is christmas mad 🙄

Klunk
    Free Member

around the 18th ish here.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nope, doesn’t go up until after my birthday..

spacemonkey

The missus opined for last weekend but I said “No chance, you know it’s always the first weekend in December. End of.” So yesterday monkey jnr and I spent an hour faffing with the decorations. Job done. Happy with it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ours is still in the box but in the conservatory, It’ll come out of the box maybe next weekend at the earliest. It only came out of the loft cos I went up for something else anyway.

It would stay in the loft (or down the tip) if it was up to me. 😡

mikey74
    Free Member

For a thread about Christmas trees, there seems to be a lack of photos. OK, it’s not as bad as a puppy thread without puppy pictures, but it’s still pretty bad form.

For the record, I don’t have mine up yet.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Two real ones went up in our house this weekend. Mrs loves doing them.

Got 4 generations staying over Christmas, and with next weekend being taken up with other stuff, needed to get that job out of the way.

steveoath
    Free Member

Done. Uni deadlines coming up so working next few weekends. Got my Christmas jumper sorted too.

Work shall rue the day they asked us to “wear a festive sweater”

muddydwarf
    Free Member

We both finish work on the 16th, so tree will go up then. Hopefully the wood burner will be ready by then so we can do mulled wine & chestnuts on it whilst the tree is done 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Ours goes up on the weekend before the kids’ last week at school, so next week.

BoardinBob

Tree was up on the 1st
    All presents are bought
    8)

unklehomered
    Free Member

Hell No.

Christmas is the christianisation of the pagan festival of Yule; the passing of the Winter Solstice.

You can’t celebrate that until the actual winter solstice.

Our tree won’t go up until the 21st, or reasonably soon thereafter.

A neighbour of mine had theirs up in November.

No Words.

Klunk
    Free Member

Tree was up on the 1st

the 37 days of christmas 😯

unklehomered
    Free Member

But my own petty judgement aside I’#m interested.

Those whose tree is up… When does it come down?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Next weekend for us, I’m not allowed to touch it once it’s in position which suits me.

I recently read we’re all doing it ‘wrong’ in the UK, you’re supposed to put them up Xmas Eve and take them down on the 12th night or something. I wouldn’t mind waiting till Xmas Eve but ours is gone by bedtime on the 27th and it seems like a lot of faf for 3 days.

I do tend to think people are dragging it out if they’re still bleating on about it after the 27th, but if they’re still talking about it in the new year they’re out of their tiny mind.

aracer
    Free Member

As mentioned above, 6th Jan.

Drac

Ours usually comes down just after new year. Yes tradition is 6th Jan but who really cares.

timber

Not decided on what this years tree will be yet.
    Usually starts getting gradully pruned and fed to the logburner a couple of days after Christmas.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As usual no tree, and very little christmas, too damm hot to have a tree wither and die slowly inside. I assume my brother will be breaking out his Christmas jumper and festive CD’s if they havn’t been in circulation for the last 3 weeks.

Not particularly anti the whole thing but it’s not a month long festival 🙂 Was a great excuse to get together with the whole family but this year will be a skype call again.

Also nothing looks more ridiculous than trying to replicate a Northern european winter scene with clear blue skies and 30c.

sweepy
    Free Member

Ours goes up xmas eve, that’s our tradition, generally down shortly before or after new year.
    Christmas is a good time, not a long time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘So who's got the Christmas tree up?’ is closed to new replies.