Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So who's got solar panels?
  • prahran
    Free Member

Like the idea of having some on the roof. Gets the Sun all day. Any problems with power, installation, quality? Any regrets or best thing you did on the house in a long time?

donsimon
    Free Member

Gets the Sun all day.

Not in the UK are you?

prahran
    Free Member

Yes. You know what I mean. House points the right way to catch the Sun’s rays.

Edukator
    Free Member

Type “solar” into the search.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Slightest hint of sun and everyone forgets the other 70% overcast days of the year 😯 😆

Wiksey
    Free Member

With the right type of panels you don’t need direct sunlight just daylight. REUK is a good place to start getting info from.
    I’ve just got panels on the shed (old car battery and LED lighting) for bike tinkering duties in the dark but a chap at work has a solar water heating system and swears by it.

Smudger666

Got Solar Thermal – Grand!

I have a vested intrest tho 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

lets not start this again smudger! 😉

chappie turned up last night. Hes going to prepare a quote. He was receptive of how much I want to do myself, but equally there’s so little to do (Ive created a frame bed, connected by underground conduit to the boiler room and just a few feet to the TS already) that there’s not much to be paid for on the install.

Im most worried about the very hi-spec of pipe he uses (+£) and hes suggesting an all-in-one pumpstation for simplicity…but Im not sure its going to be as cost effective as specing check valves, blow off valves, controller and pump myself…will see when he comes in with the numbers.

He did say that min 15mm pipe and a 15-50 CH pump would be fine.

[off out for dinner tonight so will catch up with you later]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So who's got solar panels?’ is closed to new replies.