Viewing 14 posts - 281 through 294 (of 294 total)
  • So, who's going to be the new Labour leader?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

£3 to get a vote I read. I’m tempted.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Might as well then you can complain about how corrupt it all was and blame the unions anyway. On reflection that view is to credible for you to try 😈 but I am sure you will be correct whatever you say 😛 [ ok enough I know- Must be pleased with Harry re footy?]

It says something about this whole leadership election/state of the labour party that the RW of STW are more interested than the left wing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Happy Friday. Have a good weekend 🙂

There was an article in the Telegraph suggesting people register and vote for the lefty to consign Labour to the electoral wilderness forever.

binners

My money is on Yvette Cooper as well. Blair hollowed out the labour party so thoroughly, that they’re actually terrified to look outside their old Islington cabal/comfort zone inner circle.

Despite this exact cabal being about as appealing to the electorate as a bucket of cold sick with a huge floater on the top.

They will then go on to re-fight the last election in 5 years time, as cluelessly as they did last time

allthepies
    Free Member

They can’t go with a male/male leader/deputy ticket (apparently) and as Tom Watson is in the lead on the deputy side of things then Burnham might find himself on the wrong side of the gender divide.

Sancho
    Free Member

I think that Andy Burnhams problem will be that he is a scouser.

Nowt wrong with that, however, I dont think the rest of the UK will take to him as a leader. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that he will be a turn off for the southern middle of the road voters.

Personally I would have preferred Chuka.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Temp leader – while they assess the lay of the land and work out how to re-position themselves. It would be interested if the Jurassic option came off though.

The pressure to choose a woman will be overpowering – so Liz or Yvette. £ on Liz at the moment…

ctk
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Happy Friday. Have a good weekend

There was an article in the Telegraph suggesting people register and vote for the lefty to consign Labour to the electoral wilderness forever.

Hope everyone does this! I think Labour need a left wing leader. This trying to as close as possible but marginally to the left of the Tories is doomed to failure in opposition. The Labour party should be trying to pull the Tories to the left not just standing on the left of them trying to look prettier.

chewkw
    Free Member

I think they should choose a leader to further left …

I like Chuka or Mrs Balls for more entertainment.

Andy Burnhams will be so boring I thought he was an insurance salesman.

Liz Kendall should up her entertainment value a bit more as she is still an unknown entertainer.

hels
    Free Member

Nine whole pages – I’m amazed that many people care.

ninfan
    Free Member

Hope everyone does this! I think Labour need a left wing leader. This trying to as close as possible but marginally to the left of the Tories is doomed to failure in opposition. The Labour party should be trying to pull the Tories to the left not just standing on the left of them trying to look prettier.

Out of interest, how well has a left wing leadership/ policy base worked out for Labour in the past?

mt
    Free Member

Burnham will be popular in Stafford

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Have we done this buy a vote thing.

3 quid ?

Advertised in the papers ??

Did the Labour party not see this … (looks like binner and his pals were busy)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/mario-balotelli-removed-from-liverpool-player-of-the-year-vote–but-fans-can-still-nominate-jon-flanagan-and-danny-ward-10189833.html

It doesn’t seem right to me

Anyone care to explain their thinking

squirrelking
    Free Member

Out of interest, how well has a left wing leadership/ policy base worked out for Labour in the past?

A lot better up here than recent leadership/policy.

The hilarious part is that if the “joke” did get elected it would probably make Labour just about electable up here again, wonder how they would square that one away? A party that’s actually distinct from the other two? NEVER!

Oh well, never mind, we have higher priorities making sure Mattheson doesn’t get anywhere near deputy.

Viewing 14 posts - 281 through 294 (of 294 total)

The topic ‘So, who's going to be the new Labour leader?’ is closed to new replies.