Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So who's currently the best for powder coating frames?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Preferably in the North West.

Looking to get a frame done, with detachable drop outs in an alternate colour.

Pics of any recent coatings would be good!

MartynS

these guys

Hora had a frame done recently and was pleased with the finish. I had a chat with them, but I wanted a colour matching so had to have a frame painted.
    He’s done a fair few mtbs by all accounts

mick_r

Further north Fastline in Preston have been fine for a number of my frames plus 2 or 3 other people on the forum. Plenty of examples on their website gallery.

Not the cheapest at around £60 but they aren’t a production line place so mostly bike / motorbike / private stuff (so they take a bit more care). They also did an STW forum project for free so deserve a plug (the orangey-red balance bike).

They do a very deep gloss black (shown below on frame / cranks / stem). Regarding mating faces – for certain things I’ve been getting good results by having everything coated and then cleaning off the coating with file / emery cloth (stainless head badge below is done like that)

http://fastlinecoatings.co.uk/index.html

stevenk4563
    Free Member

@teamslug off this forum, just did an excellent job for me on my 456, took lots of care with the masking too, and very reasonable, based near leeds I think. I’ll get some pics up soon.

RustyNissanPrairie

Very good place in Haslingden that has done quite a bit for me. Will post pics when home of clear coat over brushed chromoly frame that they’ve just done

chestrockwell

Check out the thread I started on retrobike.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=232111

Triple S in Bingley are very good indeed.

mick_r

Sounds like we’ve got most of the NW covered (forgive the pun).

chestrockwell – I can’t just find my retrobike login, so could you add Fastline Preston to your top dogs list- especially as they helped out on this http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/happy-christmas-stw-story.

And Superior Powder Coatings, Leyland need to go in the doghouse section. They managed one good job (the original STW oversize balance bike) but have screwed up everything else since – Ripples in finish and flaked / fell off one frame. Massive sags and drips on every downward facing edge on another. I gave up on them after that…..

chestrockwell

Done Mick, nice story. 8)

binners

E-reg coatings in burnley did a fantastic job of my P7 earlier this year. Doing this off my phone so can’t post pictures, but here’s the end result…

its a very nice job

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Some nice finishes there! Fastline is reasonably close so I might give them a try.

Trouble is, I really need some new wheels too as the loose ball bearing hubs are running on some kind of rust/muck “grease substitute” due to the abysmal sealing. Its beyond the point of new balls really.

ben10
    Free Member

Hiya rustty Im in haslingden myself could you tell me who did your frame and poss pic’s iv been thinking about getting my jakeyll done

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So who's currently the best for powder coating frames?’ is closed to new replies.