Viewing 2 posts - 161 through 162 (of 162 total)
  • So who went to a fee paying school here?
  • clubber
    Free Member

They don't, they just think they do (because they read the Daily Mail too much :P)

There might be some truth in that but 'getting a good education' isn't the only reason for paying fees. Based on my experiences of being at a comp and then a private school, the biggest thing for me was that at the comp I was generally bored in the lessons while at my private school I actually enjoyed it (yeah, call me a swot 🙂 ). That difference is hugely important IMO and should I be able to afford it and if the local comps are still crap when the time comes, I'll be doing the same for my son.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I went to the local primary school, then a local comprehensive (a formerly well-regarded state grammar school that had deteriorated since going 'comp' and deteriorated further during the time that I was there in the early 90s). The pupils were a 'mixed-bag' to say the least. I was fortunate to have supportive family and some mates who weren't nutters.
    I did know a few people from private schools through rugby and got on with them fine.

I went on to an 'old' university and met more people who had been to private schools. Again, it wasn't a issue.

I've no problem with fee-paying schools, but I won't be sending my offspring to private schools unless someone gives me a lot of money. I've not the cash to back up my pseudo-middle-class-ness 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 161 through 162 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘So who went to a fee paying school here?’ is closed to new replies.