Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • so who still loves mountain biking here then?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I love nipping out, bimbles, blasts, marathons, easy trails, country roads, forest roads, DH trails, hills and mountains, forests and woods, moors, farm tracks, towpaths, singletrack, doubletrack, no track, roots and woodwork, dirt and gravel, straight bits, twisty bits, bumps and lumps, dips and whoops and pumps, flat turns, muddy corners, berms, drops, tabletops and rocks, hardtails, full suspension, rigid forks, flat pedals, clipless pedals, tight tops, baggy shorts, lycra tops and pants, knee pads, full-face, skid lid…

It makes no bloody difference to me. All off-road cycling is brilliant. 😀

tony_m
    Free Member

For me, it’s much easier (and therefore more tempting) to set off from home on the road bike than it is to drive between 1 and 2 hours to get to a decent off-road spot.

That said, I don’t mind in the slightest driving between 1 and 2 hours to go trailbuilding, so I guess it’s not quite time to hand in my MTBers badge just yet.

Markie
    Free Member

Me! Although what I call mountain biking in no way resembles anything rad. I think my riding maxed out sometime in the mid nineties and so that’s where I am – mid nineties jey. I enjoy it!

I sometimes think I’d like to get good (and brave) enough to be able to write what buzz-lightyear wrote above, but I don’t think I ever shall… cross off the DH, berms, tabletops excitemnt of what he wrote and it sounds bang on to me!

tazzymtb

@Markie , Jeypride is where it’s at 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

I think I would have been sectioned by now without mountain biking. I love commuting on a hybrid but it doesn’t compare with getting out THERE. Three million cheers for the repack squad for fertilising the egg – as it were.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I have to say nothing beats a quick blast over and around the North Downs after a rubbish day at work. I used to love my road riding but the hassle round here isn’t worth it (especially after work) unless we go out mob handed.

noteeth
    Free Member

Yes, always and forever.

Stainypants

I love it but after two major illnesses in 6 months I’ve missed out on a lot of riding. I’m planning to jump in at the deepend after 8 weeks off. Quick blast on the mountain bike on Wednesday around our local loop then 3 day on-road/off road tour of north wales.

i have found that my friends have got more into touring and auxdax and away from the mtbing as they’ve got older

kerv
    Free Member

Another one here. Doing a 100mile roadie sportive at the weekend but it will be the first time on the road in months. MTB all the way for me, love it. 🙂

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

I’ve been back into Mountain Biking for a couple of years now, after a 5 year hiatus. Weight has been coming down and fitness going up, I’m not fast by any means, but I’m past the point where I get moments of “Why the **** am I doing this?” and the good bits still feel like a cross between Rally Driving/Rollercoaster/Return of the Jedi Speeder Bikes.

So. Bah-bah Ba-ba-baaah! I’m loving it.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘so who still loves mountain biking here then?’ is closed to new replies.