Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So who raced Cyclocross yesterday?
  • Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I Did! First race of the year, certainly a shock to the system! I was doing just fine for the first 40 minutes, but then punctured and took an eternity to find a wheel to borrow! Happy to finish though, even if I did come 35th!

Also, we had 95 juniors racing! Crazy! the sport has a future!

simondbarnes

I did. Came a magnificent 114th in the 1st NWCCA race of the season in Preston 🙂

1st race of the season by simondbarnes, on Flickr

dobo
    Free Member

I was going to do the wessex CX yesterday until i found out that the first one was on saturday!!! grrr

swindon next week, its a trek, not sure if i’ll do that one, done virtually no cycling because been running so could be interesting

seanbolton
    Free Member

I rode the Wessex League at Oxford on Saturday.

Good turnout, entertaining circuit, excellent racing, hot and sunny.

Next Sunday is my local, Swindon Rc in Lydiard Park. No excuses for this one as I live 800m from the start line……..

Sean

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Well here’s how you DONT carry a cross bike! I think I have a little bit of learning to do before next weekend!

dobo
    Free Member

I see there are disc brakes in both the above pictures, are the majority still using canti? or are people moving swiftly over to discs now? if i wanted discs i think i might just go carbon 29’r hmm

simondbarnes

I see there are disc brakes in both the above pictures, are the majority still using canti? or are people moving swiftly over to discs now?

Most people still on cantis

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Yep, vast majority still on Canti’s. It was really dry here though, so not much need. I heard a few rich sod’s talking about their ‘other’ race bike having discs….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So who raced Cyclocross yesterday?’ is closed to new replies.