Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • So who * IS * the best rider then?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Given a couple of previous threads, just wondered who the best riders are on STW for various disciplines, genres and other categories such as ride guiding etc.

After watching one of jedi’s shore videos, he’s got to be in with a shout. Anyone here consider themselves to be the fastest, best DHer, raddest etc 😀

Go on, stop moaning about other riders, big yourself up here!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m the quietest…

AmyYoung
    Free Member

It’s gotta be Lee Nailing!

Morpheus00
    Free Member

I’ve got the whitest legs and think I’m in with a shout for the biggest gut…

Jamie
    Free Member

I can pull skids.

Joxster
    Free Member

What are the categories?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Er – you guys are meant to be investing the categories such as best cake etc

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i can skid further than Jamie

Houns

I win the most food eaten per ride and best cake+sausage sandwich findererer

8)

devs
    Free Member

I once did a skid that lasted 2 weeks! (Unashamedly nicked from that ebay ad!)

GEDA
    Free Member

I made it up all the tricky technical bits on my ride yesterday so I am the best today. Even made it up a really steep rocky shoot that I was beginning to think was impossible to be met by some old age pensioner Swedes celebrating May getting drunk on Snaps and singing songs. Unfortunately they did not give me a congratulatory drink.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I’m clearly the best and my mates know it, listen to their comments on my video

Ranmore Common

Joxster
    Free Member

I’m good at going round in circles and getting lost

simonralli2
    Free Member

Joxster

This is one thing I may be better than you at. When i went to Kirroughtree on my own, I managed to get lost. Maybe an hour in, you come down some singletrack onto a fireroad. The other side side of the fireroad you dip into some trees and the singletrack continues. But as it was on a junction with another fireroad, i went down the fireroad, then carried on into thick gorse and a hillock and then when I hit a farm wall with nowhere to go I decided I may have gone slightly awry. I was thinking that the singletrack wasnt well maintained and pretty hard at that point too 🙂

However, I seem to get lost for no more than half to 3/4 of an hour at a time, so I am sure others have been lost for longer.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Once I did a boom gnarly stunt trick on it and a girl got pregnant just by watching my extremeness to the maxxxx.

LOL!

Brilliant…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Eh? Who said that RudeBoy?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

the BMX add did

Joxster
    Free Member

Simon Ralli – Member

Joxster

This is one thing I may be better than you at. When i went to Kirroughtree on my own, I managed to get lost. Maybe an hour in, you come down some singletrack onto a fireroad. The other side side of the fireroad you dip into some trees and the singletrack continues. But as it was on a junction with another fireroad, i went down the fireroad, then carried on into thick gorse and a hillock and then when I hit a farm wall with nowhere to go I decided I may have gone slightly awry. I was thinking that the singletrack wasnt well maintained and pretty hard at that point too [:-)]

However, I seem to get lost for no more than half to 3/4 of an hour at a time, so I am sure others have been lost for longer.

I got lost in the New Forest and ended up by Southampton docks 😕 The other one that springs to mind, I went out for a gentle warm up to get the legs going on the morning of a bigish event and ended up doing a five hour ride to get back to the start with about 15mins to spare.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Me and Mrs TJ still hold the race record* at ten under the ben – so it must be us

* veterans mixed tandem. Enter a class with no one else and you have to win

uplink
    Free Member

Smee/Glupton for everything
    The man’s a veritable biking god

end of thread

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    mrmichaelwright – Member

i can skid further than Jamie

Its true 😥

RealMan
    Free Member

Enter a class with no one else and you have to win

I got some drunk fat guy to lie down then jumped him yesterday.

So do I win the award for best fat-guy-jump-over?

Ben_Haworth

We’ll find out soon enough 😉

http://www.singletrackworld.com/weekender

jcromton
    Free Member

probably me.

radoggair
    Free Member

Me me me me

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Set amongst mere mortals I am a mountain bike god but amongst you lot, I’d be lucky to come in at third place.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Such was my food intake and riding/metabolising rad-ness, I did five (proper, not ‘ill’) poos at a 24 hour race last year. Does that count for anything? (most cr@p?)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We’ll find out soon enough

But as I’m not entering you’ll only know who the 2nd best rider is…..

😉

Joxster
    Free Member

Ben_Haworth – Moderator

We’ll find out soon enough [;-)]

That looks fun, might have to check my diary. What are the medical services like and are there any trees?

jedi

the best rider is the one with the biggest smile in my opinion

crazy-legs

Well said Jedi!
    You can always tell the best riders at races – they’re the ones who push you into a bush/ditch while shouting “ELITE RIDER COMING THROUGH!!”

😉

lookmanohands
    Free Member

I am great, me 😆

Bumhands
    Free Member

I’ll the best riders I know ride BMX.

mema
    Free Member

Not me as I fell of my bike on the way into work this morning, at a bus stop, I couldn’t get my foot off the pedal!!!

Ben_Haworth

“What are the medical services like”

Rossendale Mountain Rescue will be there if full effec’ 🙂

“and are there any trees?

17 at the last count.

njee20
    Free Member

Didn’t we do this a couple of weeks ago?

I’d say blazin-saddles is the fastest XC rider on here, although there’s a number of other quick chaps on here.

mt
    Free Member

the older I get the better I woz, so next week I’ll be the bestest.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’m the best at organising a ride, sorting out everyones bikes, putting them on my car, driving to the spot, finding the route, remembering your shoes and pedals cos there in my garage, bringing a spare inner tube for my bike and a funny size one for my mates bike, bringing food and finding the some passable tea/ cake /beer / burgers on the way home.

ACE 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ben_Haworth – Moderator

We’ll find out soon enough [;-)]

Dosn’t seem to have a veterans mixed tandem class 🙁

jojoA1
    Free Member

radoggair – Member
    Me me me me

He is, you know! And one of the best for laughs too 🙂
    The opriginal inventor of the Bendistique TM too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘So who * IS * the best rider then?’ is closed to new replies.