Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • So who is scared by this?
  • wwaswas

People who lied to a court during their divorce settlement?

mogrim

Seems perfectly reasonable:

“If one of the parties is dishonest, if they are misleading about what their assets are, then this is a very clear signal that the other party can go back to court, can have the agreement set aside and can have the whole thing considered again,” [BBC legal correspondent Clive Coleman] said.

Hardly scary.

footflaps

Seems like a good thing to me.

chewkw
    Free Member

If you are single then how do you get a divorce? 😆

toppers3933
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    Seems like a good thing to me.

This

cloudnine
    Free Member

Will divorcees be liable for half of debts too.. maybe if the man told a few porky pies about how much debt they were in… would they have half of the debt?

ads678

Fair enough people shouldn’t be allowed to lie in court and every thing should be fair, but somethings wrong when £10,000,000 isn’t enough!!

aracer
    Free Member

Unless you’re dishonest. Here’s one which is rather more scary
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-31829277

footflaps

Fair enough people shouldn’t be allowed to lie in court and every thing should be fair, but somethings wrong when £10,000,000 isn’t enough!!

The figure is irrelevant, if she is entitled to 50%, then she should get 50% be it £50 or £50m.

These high stake divorces are getting case law changed which will benefit everyone moving forward, so a very good thing.

MoreCashThanDash

The wind farm case was far scarier. And a reminder to make it a final and binding agreement. If I ever get divorced.

P-Jay
    Free Member

aracer – Member

mogrim » Hardly scary.

Unless you’re dishonest. Here’s one which is rather more scary
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-31829277

Wonder if my mate could be in trouble, he divorced about 5 years ago, his ex-wife harassed him to take her off their joint mortgage but they were in negative equity so he had to work his arse off and throw every penny he had at it to get into equity and get a mortgage in his own name.

His Ex actually e-mailed him a few years ago “I understand house prices have risen again now, [insert name of person she was cheating on him with] and I are trying to buy a house – I want my half of the deposit back”

Unbelievable really.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It would appear that divorce is like steroids for psychos – if there’s a tiny bit of psycho in a person, divorce will turn them into full on Manson family inspiration material.

hatter

It’s all very very depressing, I have a colleague who caught his wife sleeping around and (understandably) ended it.

Watching what he went through as she then systematically and methodically set out to destroy him financially whilst taking every opportunity to use their child as a weapon against him was heartbreaking.

O.K. I only saw one side of the story but what I saw was horrendous, the sheer petty vindictiveness of the woman was unbelievable.

There but for the grace of god…..

piemonster

Well, I earn a damn sight less than my partner. And most of the assets have been earned from her graft as well.

Quids in!

scaredypants

Quids in!

Yeah, I do wonder whether the “lesser contributor” in financial terms should be obliged to show that they actually did something else to support the earner

(rather than, you know, spending all day on stw while the kids shit themselves and hang on grimly for teatime)

ononeorange

P-Jay – it was slightly different but my ex-Mrs said something vaguely similar. I would never trust the gold mining old soak not to reappear and try something else on, which is why anything like this is truly scary to me. For the record, I didn’t lie, but she would be capable of twisting anything around to make it seem like I did.

I’m not bitter though, oh no.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

It would appear that divorce is like steroids for psychos – if there’s a tiny bit of psycho in a person, divorce will turn them into full on Manson family inspiration material.

this +1111

Yeah, I do wonder whether the “lesser contributor” in financial terms should be obliged to show that they actually did something else to support the earner

exxxxxactly, they are not partners in the business, they are partners in the relationship, the law is awful

why are partners allowed 50% of the divorce, yet when it comes to the kids generally the father gets shafted

irc

– if there’s a tiny bit of psycho in a person, divorce will turn them into full on Manson family inspiration material.

I was told once of a couple getting divorced who had a dog. She didn’t want it but got it put down so he couldn’t have it either.

MoreCashThanDash

Agree, if the expectation is 50%, it should apply to the kids as well.

Interestingly, pretty much everything we have is down to my first career before we moved in together, and finished with what I’ve managed since while she’s been part time and I’ve been the main bread winner.

We are about to swap roles – she’ll be the main bread winner.

I have a feeling I could get shafted twice over, if she wanted to.

Can’t be all bad – a colleague has just returned from holiday where he got married for the third time!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘So who is scared by this?’ is closed to new replies.