Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • So who is doing the #Festive500 this year ?
  • richpips
    Free Member

The weather is looking good. Not too icy or snowy.

500K in 8 days. Xmas eve to New years eve.

Are you in?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rapha actually sell coffee machines?

You couldn’t make it up.

Cool challenge tho.

allthepies
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

BTW do you even have a chance if you’re not Instagram/black and white/30-40 something cool?

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I’m racing 10 miles on Boxing Day. I expect that’ll be all my cycling in that period

The-Beard

I was planning to give it a go. I have asked for SW Scotland to be desaturated for the duration and I’m practising my posing. I don’t have a retro steel road bike but I can grow a moustache.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep Missus is working most of the week so unless it’s clearing 30c every day should be a chance.

Instagram/black and white/30-40 something cool?

in with a chance then

richpips
    Free Member

This was last years winning entry.

Looks more hardcore than burrgroundcore.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ngNqqv_SA[/video]

mrblobby
    Free Member

I am tempted as i was going to ride to the inlaws and back for Xmas which would be half the 500k. Doubt I’ll manage much more though as I’ll be looking after blobby jr while mrs blobby works. If only turbo miles counted!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Pretty tough for anyone with family duties. Hoping to be able to do it by getting a couple of hundred milers and a few shorter runs on the busy days.

It will be the usual overseas suspects at the top no doubt, with almost no climbing whatsoever.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It will be the usual overseas suspects at the top no doubt, with almost no climbing whatsoever.

Wont be near the top but hope to be on the finishers, my rides here in Tassie clock up a similar amount of climbing to the Lakes

fontmoss
    Free Member

Sadly Not, was considering it but family visiting and revising for finals means it’s a pipedream. More time for mtb trails though 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

A bump, ‘cos it starts tomorrow. 🙂

trio25
    Free Member

Planning on, not sure how realistic it is but its a good excuse to ride lots!

simondbarnes

I rode on Friday, that’ll probably be it until the new year for me.

richpips
    Free Member

Planning on, not sure how realistic it is but its a good excuse to ride lots!

I didn’t think you needed an excuse to ride lots.

I rode on Friday, that’ll probably be it until the new year for me.

Slacker. 😉

simondbarnes

I have too much eating and drinking to do Rich

richpips
    Free Member

Simon, bring your bike for a post festive amble.

simondbarnes

Simon, bring your bike for a post festive amble.

Will do. I will be very slow, what with me being a slacker and christmas overindulgence 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had a go last year this year will be difficult for me to commit to so no, not this year.

“SULKS”

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘So who is doing the #Festive500 this year ?’ is closed to new replies.