Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • So who has entered the only mud free race in the UK (STW Weekender)
  • postierich
    Free Member

Well hopefully, entered and looking forward to some old school racing will obviously be on a old school bike!

Rich

mboy
    Free Member

Might see you there Rich, funds permitting. Did it last year, and had a cracking time, can’t seem to convince any of my mates to do it though as apparently “riding some rocks in a quarry up north” isn’t cool enough!

EDIT: Oh, and it was certainly not mud free last year! Less muddy than Mayhem this year granted, but I’d take wellies still if I were you…

postierich
    Free Member

funds permitting sell one of your hedious bikes then!

See you there!

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’m entered again. Done all three so far and it’s my favourite event of the year.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Would love to but I will be in the alpes.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I will be there and I am hoping it is wet again. I need to get the Mayhem mud off my wellies.

orange225
    Free Member

I’ll be there, seeing as I’m on the poster I thought id better do it

Baldysquirt

i’ll be there. just need to pay up in the next day or so.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m there. There’ll be three of us, in three tents possibly. Gonna make a little village. Wonder how much beer to take…

postierich
    Free Member

Lots!!!

TonyL
    Free Member

Been putting the xc course together this afternoon nearly mud free. A bit hilly in places but only short climbs. Dropper seat post might be an advantage. Bit rocky in places both the course and the camp site good tyres and a good sleeping mat/beer required.

kerv
    Free Member

That’s some powerful rose tinted specs you’ve got there mboy! Was good meeting you there last year but that was about the only positive of the whole weekend!

postierich
    Free Member

Anyone coming from Lincoln way might need a frame picking up will pay in beers or even money if your that way inclined!

cy

We’ll be there with a little stand and some bikes. Looking forward to it.

Rockape
    Free Member

First timer here 😕 Don’t know what to expect but going for it should be a laugh if nowt else. Most of my riding buddies are on hols preping for hols or doing other stuff. So it’s just me. If we need Wellies can anyone suggest any good ones for flats 😀

mboy
    Free Member

That’s some powerful rose tinted specs you’ve got there mboy! Was good meeting you there last year but that was about the only positive of the whole weekend!

Haha, I think maybe the fact I wasn’t trying to compete at all, did better in the DH than I expected to (the important bit to me), and went not expecting much after my mate bailed on me at the last minute, yet I met a load of welcoming and friendly people such as you two and various others, I had an ace time!

We’ll be there with a little stand and some bikes. Looking forward to it.

I wouldn’t bring a Medium Solaris or Rocket if I were you… You ain’t seen me right! 😉

First timer here Don’t know what to expect but going for it should be a laugh if nowt else. Most of my riding buddies are on hols preping for hols or doing other stuff. So it’s just me.

Might be on my own again too (though undoubtedly I’ll know a couple of people this time), anyone will be welcome to join in the fun!

simonm
    Free Member

I may come up for Saturday only. Great event.

simonm
    Free Member

Any more attendees ?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Still gonna be 3 of us ‘racing’ but think theres going to be a few more coming to support (heckle).

With the forecast improving all the time, I’m really looking forward to it now!

LoCo
    Free Member

yep Jonnie from Loco Racing and myself are racing 😀

andrewh
    Free Member

Dropper seat post might be an advantage

Slightly worrying, other than the DH bike all mine have ISPs, don’t even have the option of a good old fashioned QR lever!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘So who has entered the only mud free race in the UK (STW Weekender)’ is closed to new replies.