Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • So.. who had the most miserable ride today?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Me: trying to explore the countryside east of Sheffield near Worksop by 'cross bike. Flat, dull, boring. Hedges filled with old fridges, condoms and doggers. Got lost and frustrated. Chilled to the bone by this icy bastid of a wind and rode home along the A57 into it; harrassed by evil cars and dreaming of warmth, cookies and tea.

Anyone top that? 🙂

sockpuppet

mine was on the turbo. wrist issues mean no riding, can't really do intervals either: v tedious.

no ice though.

pjt201
    Free Member

well, i got knocked off my bike on the way home from work if that counts as a ride?

neninja
    Free Member

Started well on local trails and bridleways but went down hill fast.

I'm asthmatic. Still got the tail end of a cold which sometimes seems to set it off especially combined with the cold air in the NE.

About half way round the loop I was doing the asthma kicked in with a vengeance riding up a hill – the bridleway had been totally destroyed with hoof imprints and it was very hard going. Simply couldn't turn the pedals I was so breathless and had to slowly walk until I could breath again. Not a great experience. A very gentle ride back followed and my chest is still tight now 2 hours later. Rarely suffer with my asthma but today was an exception.

oldfart

read my review of piss taking weather !

higthepig
    Free Member

Got wet, got hailed on, but got home to a bottle of "wobbly" so all is not that bad.

finbar
    Free Member

I did four hours round the Peak District on the road bike this afternoon, i must be in contention?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Went out yesterday for 45 minutes. Brightened up in the afternoon so got a few things sorted and got ready to ride just as it started to absolutely heave it down. Had a cracking little ride I'm afraid. Scoped out a couple of new trails, rode some old ones and then got back, hosed the bike down and had a cuppa in front of the fire which I'd lit earlier in the day. I quite like riding in the rain!

postierich
    Free Member

Had to drive my camper to a garage and leave it there for a bit of welding and a new exhaust.Then rode home in a friggin headwind peeing it down the farmers lanes were covered in mud the bike was gleaming,not anymore.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘So.. who had the most miserable ride today?’ is closed to new replies.