• This topic has 55 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by bex.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • So who else will be working Christmas Day?
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

My other half is a community nurse and is off this Christmas but there’s no problem getting people to work on Christmas Day ‘cos they get triple time! 🙂

shifter
    Free Member

Roads were quiet 😐

paganman
    Free Member

Merry Christmas all, I’m on an 06:00-18:00 shift at Ambulance control. Living the dream

LMT
    Free Member

I was on shift yesterday 10-8, alarmed the shop then alarm call until 8am this morning, now im free!!!!!! for a couple of days at least, have to pop by boxing day night and let the night team in but that’s a 2 min job, hand them the keys then drive home!

onehundredthidiot

OH is now happt with her snapped collarboneas she’s off. Given police Scotland’s New holiday policy it’ll be 2016 before our holiday coincide again. And given that I’m a teacher thats saying something.

olly2097
    Free Member

I’m a charge nurse and I get to work today and tomorrow. I’ve worked every Xmas since 2003 and it’s getting boring now.
    Started a new job last month so I get the crappy duty done by my manager.
    Wife and baby will be living it up.
    On a plus note I get to go to antur stiniog on the 27th. 😉

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Joys of the NHS, been working nights since Monday. Finish boxing day morning and off for three days.
    I don’t mind, don’t have kids so happy to work. As long as I get boxing day to see my mum , her fella, dad, step mum and sister it’s good enough for me.

khani
    Free Member

2-10 with an OAP, cooking/eating Christmas dinner and watching John Wayne films, and a stash of home made mince pies and Xmas pud nicked from home for us to chomp on in the evening 😀
    Merry Christmas..

tangoman19
    Free Member

Nurse in charge.

cobrakai

The wife is working a morning shift until 2 then I’m on morning shift tomorrow from 7, so quiet one for us. Having diner with our neighbours this evening. Both ATCO’s so no alcohol whatsoever. 🙁

luke
    Free Member

The wife is off to work a night shift shortly also doing new years eve as she’s too polite to say no and some of the staff like to take the pee. She’s a nurse.
    I’m doing voluntary work and was in yesterday and will be in again tomorrow.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m here at work … plod worked until 0300 this am. home 5 horus kip, up early to open pressies with Crashtestmonkey, 25 mile pedal on quiet roads in the beautiful sunshine! Finish at 2300 then back in tomorrow morning at 0700 all the way through until earlies on 29th! Well and truly screwed for crimbo this year, but hey ho I dont’ have kids so don’t mind!

Nadolig Llawen everyone!

Bazz

Yep, started 8pm Christmas eve and finished 9.30 this morning, home for lunch and pressies with the kids then back again from 8pm tonight until 9.30 boxing day morning.

Kunstler

Yep, I’ve had a great day at work. I supported someone to go to a xmas dinner with a bunch of other service users at a our drop in centre, cooked and managed voluntarily by my colleagues. Had a dinner there myself, played some pool and carried a lot of food and crockery up down many stairs between kitchen and table. Also, a nice surprise that I’m off the sleepover shift which was rota’d for tonight and able to watch Doctor Who.

surf1666
    Free Member

nights tonight but flying around in a helicopter is hardly at the coal face! Still away from family though:(

bex
    Free Member

Boarding kennel and cattery owners here; started 5.30am, just finished ‘bedtime walks’. A couple of hours to ourselves in between for a training run and cheeky blast on the Five (me) and SC TB (‘er). Love Christmas and soo thankful to have a successful business and the health to enjoy life.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘So who else will be working Christmas Day?’ is closed to new replies.