• This topic has 38 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • So who else was lurking in the FOD today?
  • sheldona
    Free Member

I spotted:
    Psling
    MrDobiejessimo
    Franki
    Singlespeedpunk and MrsSinglespeedpunk!
    Apart from the above we saw just 2 other riders whilst out on some magical dry trails!

singlespeedstu

BET YOU DIDN'T SPOT ME THERE……

sheldona
    Free Member

Errrr No it wasn't challenging enough for you 🙂

singlespeedstu

😉

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I the trails were in great nick.Dowies 2/Motorcycle trail was excellent.The two downhill runs of worcester lodge were very loose and dusty,mind they are very worn out now.Other runs were great.after seeing you the second time never saw a sole out towards the Dowies and back.Did see two foxes together never seen that before down the forest.nice to see the richards trail back,better on a hardtail than my fully.The rest i did was great on the fully.

psling
    Free Member

Good to see you and Ag.

We dissappeared in the general direction of Clearwell before crossing to 'the other side of t'river' and up over The Narth before reappearing in Tintern for high tea. Returned via Monmouth (which saved me having to make the climb back up to PABA) 65km of dry trails and minor roads. Excellent 8)

Dobie, rode Dowies 2 last week, driest I can remember it for a long time. It was actually rideable !! They opened Rich's up part way for the Enduro and cut through the big trees across other parts of it to open it up again.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Me as well. Went from cycle centre where we met up towards Staple Edge etc to miss the crowds. no one there.
    Who had the blue STW shirt then.

sheldona
    Free Member

Didn't see any St shirts!
    We rode the Enduro course, Eddy's, Henry's, quarry drop, Doughies1-2, canal, lawn mower, Dr. Johns.

TooTall
    Free Member

My knees are still knackered from my last (first) trip there, so not me 🙁

Ringo
    Free Member

ive always fancied riding in the FOD but wouldnt have a clue where to start. I used to camp a lot in between coleford and symonds yat as a lad, is there much good riding around there would anybody be able to show me a bit?

sheldona
    Free Member

I'm sure if you posted on here when you were planning on going someone would be around to show you something, I wouldn't bother making the trip unless you do have a guide lined up though as you'll never find the good stuff.

fbk
    Free Member

We were there. Not quite sure where though(I just tend to follow the people who know round there).

Just mucking around on the DH runs most of the afternoon enjoying the sunshine 🙂

franki
    Free Member

Good to meet you Ayatollahofniche ! That's one funky machine, mate!

I had a great day exploring and seeking out some nifty bits of trail.
    That Dr John's is superb!
    Had a quick spin round the FODCA to warm up – not ridden it for probably 10 years(!) was much more fun than I remembered.
    Mustn't leave it another 10 before the next FOD ride, I'm itching to go back now. 🙂

Spotted a guy on a PA (iirc) at the cycle centre with one of the old blue STW shirts, but didn't get to say hello.

sheldona
    Free Member

Thanks Franki, next time you head down there drop me a line and if I'm about you're more than welcome to join us. We rode Dr. Johns too, must say it the dryest I've seen that section in many years.

Guy on a PA, may of been K, we was down there yesterday on his PA, with Riggsy.

franki
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer fella! Might just do that.

sheldona
    Free Member

No probs! Down there a fair bit so just give me some notice and we'll see if we can sort something out.

Also April next year will see the Singlespeed Euro Champs there 😉

psling
    Free Member

Can't see why anyone would want to ride singlespeed in the FoD, totally unsuitable for it.

Riggsy eh? now there's someone I haven't seen in a while – wonder if he still lurks on here??

BigTed
    Free Member

I was there yesterday too, very pleasant once the sun came out but a touch chilly at first.

Apart from at the cycle centre at the beginning and end of the ride saw no one else on a bike.

sheldona
    Free Member

Riggsy eh? now there's someone I haven't seen in a while – wonder if he still lurks on here??

Mboy is his new name I think!

BigTed, didn't spot you 🙁

singlespeedstu

Also April next year will see the Singlespeed Euro Champs there

Is that being thrown together by a bunch of attentionseekingnichewhores? 8)

sheldona
    Free Member

Is that being thrown together by a bunch of attentionseekingnichewhores?

I believe there may be one or two attentionseekingnichewhores amoungst the organisers.

singlespeedstu

I bet they won't give the likes of me and you an entry then.

sheldona
    Free Member

Doubt it, as Psling said the FOD is whey to hard to ride on a SS 😉

Bedds
    Free Member

I was there yesterday.. only did the enduro trail as I didn't have much time.. all seemed very quiet 🙁

So what's this about the SS euro champs then? looked elsewhere and haven't found anything? I live 4 miles from cannop so it's right on my doorstep!! 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

You won't find it anywhere other than on a facebook page yet as the website is being sorted. There'll also be an anouncement/launch once the blurb has been writen but in essence the Euro SS Champs will be in the FOD in April. More to come pretty soon.

Bedds
    Free Member

Sounds good to me.. how do I go about getting a ride with some of the STWers then ? 🙂

I live here so would be cool to meet up with some others!

sheldona
    Free Member

??? there's normally a thread on a Friday asking whos riding where at the weekend, if I'm in the FOD I'll post on there if I don't start the thread!! Welcome to join me next time I'm there.

Bedds
    Free Member

I'll do that then.. although baby is due next week so may not be this week 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

Good Luck!! I won't be there for a few weeks now as off on a roadtrip to Scotland for a week at the weekend then other things planned for a few weekends after that 😉

Bedds
    Free Member

In that case, we should be about at the same time then.. I'll keep an eye out on fridays 🙂

Bedds
    Free Member

oh, and cheers! think i'm gonna need the luck, trying to redefine what constitutes a good nights sleep is going to be painful 😉

mattsccm
    Free Member

we must all wear carnations or something. rode round in circles for 20 mins from 9.30 waiting for a mate as the cycle centre was half way for both of us. Daft bugger went down Dowies and mended a puncture at the bottom half a mile from my place instead. The bored looking chap on the green Enduro was me.Single speed mountain bikes are no good there.Cross bikes rule. 🙂 I was out on my Enduro for the first time in 6 weeks or so. Usually its the SS cross bike. Perfect! Well plenty good enough anyway. not a lot of totty though on Sunday as it was a touch chilly

Bedds
    Free Member

Matt, I was talking to someone who knows you literally about 5 minutes ago.. he said about a bloke called matt who rides a cyclo-cross bike.. can't be more than one loon there surely? 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

CX bikes are cool in the FOD although I did find I had to start braking a bit sooner on some of the fast bits and the jumps in Doughies were interesting on the CX bike!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi where are henrys,Quarry drop and canal trails.may well know them just dont know there names.Rough area cheers.

sheldona
    Free Member

Henrys is on the way out to Doughies from Broadwell Bombholes. Quarry drop kinda above the end of Henry's and comes out on the family trail. Canal thats super cheek but runs from Parkend back towards Cannop Ponds way.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Hell. Who was it?
    Actually its not that daft really once you accept that the trashed downhills are a bit bumping and some of the step drops onto the gravel tracks are beyond my bottle level. Dowies at night is fun ona crosser.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi thanks for that know where you mean for Henrys and Quarry drop.Dont go over cannop ponds much.only when Psling showed me Lawn mower and Dr johns earlier in year.have dont them couple of times since.Not been over that way for years.

mboy
    Free Member

wonder if he still lurks on here?

Very occasionally Pete. Was doing a lot of lurking on here earlier this year when I was jobless for a while… Since I've been employed again though, probably only been on once a month on average.

Don, would like to say I was there on Sunday, was supposed to be, but was not up to it sadly. Think just K and Tris went. I was in bed with Man flu (or some sort of lurgi)…

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘So who else was lurking in the FOD today?’ is closed to new replies.