Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • so who else had a great walk instead of the bike today?
  • fastindian
    Free Member

well I was all ready for a spin up onto the local hills until my riding buddy text me last night to say he'd just had a good old ski around our local trails 8O. So I went and had a good walk through the clwyds today, sunny and damn cold, loved it, couldnt help smiling when, as I got back down again it started with very heavy sleet, bet that took the smile off the jeans clad people who sniggered as I went past all kitted out int he correct gear 8)

smartay

Same here, tried to get to lower car parks for Famau but road closed, well for 2 wheel drives anyway. instead headed up to llandegla parked on the road and walked as far as the bird hide for coffee and shortbread biscuits!Fantastic like Lapland, heavy snow/sleet on way down.
    People out on bikes etc. Denbighshire council must be missing bin wagon, right off the road on the access to mtb center!!!

marsdenman
    Free Member

Yep, had plans to drive o'er th'ills and meet up and go ride with NBT and Bunnyhop but, just thinking about getting my kit together and it started to snow, a lot…..
    So, layers on and me and the Mrs did about 2-3 miles – not a long way but we went up and over the hill to the village, as opposed to the 5 min walk if we just went down the hill!
    Cracking walk, snow up to 12" deep on the farm track up top, have some piccies but can't find the car reader… DOH!

crispybacon
    Free Member

I went for a walk with Mrs C B today on my local trails which was nice in the light dusting of snow we had. I even found a few cheeky trails which I didn't know about so all was good. 😀

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Great stuff…

Walk followed by a wade…….

But Great fun!

scaredypants

nope, got up early & went out on the frozen shallow lake that is the new forest – was great
    (we have no snow though 🙁 )

saladdodger
    Free Member

went out with the wife and dog for a good wander this morning

brilliant quality time together

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Nope, went out in the freezing cold and had a great ride at chicksands… did a circuit of the xc section and then hit the 4x track very slowly!

ebygomm
    Free Member

We're staying just down the road from dalbeattie, but we left the bikes at home and walked up Criffel instead, had our crampons on from the car, they were actally most needed on the road/track sections!

robgarrioch

Nice pics kbrembo.
    Did my usual 75 minute circuit around White Hill / Torduff Hill in the Pentlands, anywhere between 2" – 12" deep snow depending where you stood….

Few sledgers / snow-boarders out on the lower slopes too

scraprider
    Free Member

yea up to haldon this afternoon , morre of the same tomoz afternoon, 2 weeks left till im back on the bike i hope.1st week november was my last decent ride.

pennine
    Free Member

Summit ridge of Whernside in the Yorkshire Dales today

Icy wind and spindrift blowing around.
    This was the best of the views around Ribblehead

Not one you'd call a great walk though.

Alphabet

I went for a walk in the snow in the hills above Tod.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I did both; a great walk this morning with wife and daughters on snow dusted local trails and then a swift blast this afternoon from home up to Drewsteignton, Hunter's Path, Fingle Bridge etc and back home. Road was flipping icy by the time I got back though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘so who else had a great walk instead of the bike today?’ is closed to new replies.