Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)
  • So who else braved it today?!
  • roverpig

Hard work, had to pedal downhill ! But got the forest to myself.

simondbarnes

Jealous of the BBQ!

fenred
    Free Member

BBQ is a great idea!,

Even Essex managed a pathetic little sprinkling …

nammynake
    Free Member

Some great photos here.

rOcKeTdOg

a lot icier today, but just as much fun, bacon and sausage sarnies made the ride too

it was lucky the local council warned us…

Kuco

mulv1976
    Free Member

22 miles round the chase today. First time in deep snow but I loved it – hard work on the ups, fun on the downs and a few hilarious falls. Bostin 🙂

dukeduvet

20 odd miles in the Pentlands for me today, huge fun on my old Kona Kilauea. Tons of grip and no offs

Lots of good banter from folks about too. No pics sadly as phone battery died as usual.

Exhausted now but a toasty glow from a fun day

Kryton57

Bloody enigmas are everywhere! Mine looked like Kuco’s ^^ after 20 miles with eyerideit this morning. Lots of fun!

spectabilis
    Free Member

Really nice ride only one off not by me though…my mate on the retro FSR.

gribble
    Free Member

Went for a ride around Devil’s Punch Bowl via Gibetts Hill and some cheeky single track on the way home. Great to be out, only 2nd proper ride in as many months.

Stopped to make some yellow snow and take a photo.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I enjoyed a few hours of pushing today round Sutton Bank/Lake Gormire/Kilburn Woods.

Was tough going and didn’t get much riding in.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bushed after 2:30 ride around devils Punchbowl. Fun climbs and descents on Thursley Common and the higher bits on the Punchbowl – I avoided the main BW after Higfhfield Lane (?)/cattle grid and had a few adventures in the deep snow on some of the paths at the top. Nice of the quad bikes to have a few tracks in places!!! Not a single person passed except for the sledgers on Rodborough common. Great laugh in the snow but noticeably colder that yesterday morning. Only just got in before the light went, Feet de-thawing now…..Aaargh

colournoise

Only intended to go out for a little 15km spin this morning, but it was actually really nice and grippy so I stayed out and ended up getting nearly 40km in. Apart from a couple patches of sheet ice, my Rubber Queen and X King combo coped brilliantly with the conditions (as they did with all the wet and mud recently) – for the riding I do I might have found a decent all-year round tyre setup!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Nice work Rocketdog, bacon and sausages cooked out on a ride taste so much better.

Murr and I did a 40 mile epic over the Lomond and Cleish hills. the road sections joining the trails were equally challenging. Top ride, just made it back before darkness fell. Good endurance training for the Puffer for Murr.

Rich
    Free Member

Cannock Chase today.

hitman
    Free Member

23 miles on the road

yoshimi

Managed to find some snow above Keswick on Saturday

allthepies
    Free Member

20 miles or so around the Surrey Hills. Didn’t see another MTB’er 😯

hallz
    Free Member

Couple of people saying that they had the hills to themselves. Up Rivington and Winter Hill it was blowing a gale and pretty damned cold. The place is normally crawling with walkers and today there were very few but i reckon there were more Mountain Bikers and runners out than i’ve ever seen before!

simondbarnes

Up Rivington and Winter Hill it was blowing a gale and pretty damned cold. The place is normally crawling with walkers and today there were very few but i reckon there were more Mountain Bikers and runners out than i’ve ever seen before!

Yeah, there were loads!

Vortexracing

Same yesterday, but with loads of people sledging near the bottom of the ICR

gee76 trying a 29er SS rigid for the first time. about 3 sizes too small for him 🙄

P1040960 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1040962 by eastham_david, on Flickr

and today on my ‘jack jones’

P1040968 by eastham_david, on Flickr

MoreCashThanDash

Five hardy souls set out for some snowy bridleway bashing around Ilkeston and Strelley this morning – one on Ice Spikers, the other four on their backsides at regular intervals.

I just love riding in snow, but the bridleways are still 6 inches of soggy churned up hoof prints under that snowy coating in places. Was a great ride, shame it took so long that the traditional tea and bacon cob stop only had time to be a tea stop

richardk
    Free Member

Nice change from grinding out the road miles – lo-res mobile pic only unfortunately. Being the first through 15cm deep snow was hard going…

Snowy Ride by richardkenny, on Flickr

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

3 of plus 20k up to Kinver and back, enjoyed it, 3 hours normally takes about 2, it was better than last weekends ride, i enjoy the snow

Gilles
    JohnClimber
    Free Member

Yesterday snow on the beach

Today is had thawed a bit

55 mile in total

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Got a little bit heavy going in the wind drift above Lowsonford Warwickshire yesterday morning! A bit of walking in knee deep snow required….but great getting “first tracks” down some of the local bridleway hills….

superfli
    Free Member

Not sure if anyone can see these google+ uploads?

Rogate was ace today. Some lovely fresh powder at the top and plenty of grip 🙂

simondbarnes

Shorts & Tee?! Mental 🙂

Bunnyhop

Out today and only saw a few mtbers and they were all locals, whom I knew.

I was aksed by a group of about 13 walkers, ‘that it would be best if I stopped and let them get past’, on a particular stretch of trail. A please andor a thankyou off any of them would have been nice. Gosh I’m getting grumpy.

Everyone else I past was in high spirits due to the snowy weather.

Gary_C

Yep. Two of us did a 20mile Calderdale loop from Worsthorne. Brilliant day out! Surprisingly grippy virtually all the way round, apart when I went OTB on Dukes Cut…

woody2000

25 miles on the singlespeed snow bike, mostly canal & bits of offroad then up cragg vale for the masochist in me 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

No riding but spent 5 hours walking in a whiteout on South Downs Way. Quite a few runners out (must’ve been hard going) and was passed by one guy rattling along at a hell of a pace on a 29er. Great day. Much more interesting than average winter day

stilltortoise
    Free Member

After yesterday’s failed attempt, it was ace to get a good ride out today north of Leek. I feel like I’ve had a thoroughly good workout and frankly I’m ready for bed.

kerv
    Free Member

Untitled by Kerv F, on Flickr
    43 miles around Brickhill woods and various trails (and a bit of tarmac!) in north Bucks and Bedfordshire. Cold but fantastic.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

@drac – awesome picture i love it! Cheeezy id of come with u if id of know mate

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I went out drifting round some local cheeky trails. I love riding in the snow!

ontor
    Free Member

lovely ride up at Haldon today with the usual crew

iainc

cold crisp Cathkin

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘So who else braved it today?!’ is closed to new replies.