Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 162 total)
  • So who else braved it today?!
  • foeism
    Free Member

Fair play some awesome scenic pictures gents! 🙂

I just rode to work roads nearly car-less here in Cardiff.

butcher

Dead jealous of the amount of snowfall in everyone’s pics, Keswick hasn’t seen any snow below about 200m

I’m dead jealous that no one is at work!

mokl
    Free Member

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Could not face another session on the rollers or turbo – so headed out for a short / quick spin on the MTB – got a bit over confident on a fast decent & ended up hitting the deck – surprised at the amount of snow in the woods – short ride – big smiles – and naturally I was on the Yeti

boblo
    Free Member

Combining two of STW’s passions, I did 25 miles on the road to go and get some more coffee beans 🙂 bike was suitably niche though; cx/disc/Alfine….

mindmap3
    Free Member

I took the Tazer out for a spin…jumping in the snow is sketchy, but good fun. Only had one comedy crash railing a berm too fast. Couple of downhill runs too…old school cornering with one foot out!

Planning to go to the Chase tomorrow.

Some good pics.

laughingontheinside
    Free Member

It’s been a cold week for commuting but every mile counts 🙂

shindiggy
    Free Member

Had a hard but very fun 8 mile commute via the canal in deep snow today, love every minute of it. will be riding over the Malvern Hills tomorrow.

higthepig
    Free Member

Rode in for work tonight, 4 miles in snow/ice but was really nice. In retrospect was not the best night for the CX bike with the newly installed chicken brake levers, I have managed to turn the sharp acting front brake in to something more akin to a supertanker gradual slow, not very confidence inspiring and I will need to fettle some more before I spear into something painful.

simondbarnes

Commuted both ways today. 45km in, 43km back. Would have preferred more snow but it was fun 🙂

#commute by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Karinofnine

Yep, 14.5 miles each way into London and back out to south Herts. It was fine, some slush under wheel but fine. Everyone at work was going mad – “You’re crazy!” FFS, it’s only a bit of snow.

D0NK

Windy up Rivington

looks bloody icey

No rides this week but have been commuting xc, snow last two days has lead to one crash and many almosts. Still only a cm or two in places here, everywhere else it’s icey.

motivforz
    Free Member

14 miles long way home, took 2 hours, with snow drifts up to the axles at some points!

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

16mile each way commute today. It was fun although the un-gritted roads were lethal- a covering of snow over sheet ice. Toward the end even the main roads were getting a bit dicey, glad I did it though.

brooess
    Free Member

Didn’t ride but went for a running session on the track at lunchtime in Paddington – 2 inches and couldn’t see the lanes. All good fun 🙂

dingabell
    Free Member

Just come back from a night ride over Ranmore. Bloody fantastic. Loving the way the snow deadens all sound. So peaceful.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Just back from a night ride up and round Ladybower/Derwent/Howden reservoirs – didn’t see a soul just followed three sets of runners tracks. Awesome fun – night ride in a blizzard. 😀

Dogsby

A great day on the bike yesterday with snow chains fitted. Spent the commute looking for extra snowy bits to test them out. Excellent traction but a bit draggy and they sound quite scary on tarmac.

Dogsby

simmy
    Free Member

Nipped out Rivi last night, just stayed around the castle avoiding the top bits, the drifts where hard work, upto the axles at times.

Watched the JCBs clearing the Car Park at the Reebok and had a couple of comedy offs in the deep snow on the grassy bits 😀

kiwijohn

I braved the heat & dust down here.
    Know what i prefer.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

2 hours of fun in the snow. Crash in first 200m almost put me off but got used to the skidding pretty quickly. Awesome fun despite the inevitable crashes (mainly in hidden horse churned sections, one not enough speed the other too much) and one trip onto a hidden pond. Oops!! I love snow riding despite the current period of thawing feet. Aaargh!

tazzymtb

ace day in deep powder

Simwit

An hour & a half or so around the Devils Punchbowl area in Surrey this morning, tough work but satisfying.

clubber
    Free Member

I got out today for a couple of hours. Hard work but fun and hardly anyone out. No crashes though a couple of slidy moments on the roads on the way.

kuman
    Free Member

13miles today

BigSteve
    Free Member

Picked up a demo Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc this morning (what a weekend to get a demo bike!!!) and took it round Sherwood Pines. Great fun – didn’t even get that cold. And the cafe was open so hot cob and tea to finish.

mikey74
    Free Member

17km trail run today, in the wind and snow.

:mrgreen:

lowey

19 Miles around rivi today. Its coated with sheet ice! Brilliant fun.

svalgis
    Free Member

Of course, I wouldn’t get to ride at all for at least 4 months a year if I didn’t.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Simwit, which way did you go up to the Punchbowl? I was thinking about it today but thought the tracks from the N might be a bit tiresome in these conditions. Might nip up there tomorrow though.

Simwit

Teamhurtmore, Today I approached the Punchbowl from Thursley up Highfield lane & straight up where that turns into byway. The normally loose stoney climb was mostly rideable as the snow has been compacted by the passage of 4×4’s, then a quick cheeky over the lookout point to avoid the section of byway that’s just muddy tyre gullies, back down to cross the old A3 and up the quiet road towards the cafe. It was hard work on the legs but the snow seemed quite grippy.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks, I normally come down that way but may try that tomorrow. The track around the lookout does have the irritating bit as you say. And the climb up to the lookout is hard from the DP side due to three big steps! Few nice cheeky runs off it though especially the holes in the heather route. It would be nice to have a bit more snow overnight to freshen things up a bit!

spawnofyorkshire

first time out on snow today, just did a quick ride to try out a couple of new bits for the bike. Was really good fun, especially all the “are you mental?!!” looks from people out walking not expecting to see a mountain biker

sambob
    Free Member

Top of Eccles Pike this morning

rOcKeTdOg

deep in the NWAlps

Bregante

upload by redmancunian69, on Flickr

try5
    Free Member

[img]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii534/spacecabbage/P1180084_zpsee27fca2.jpg[/img]

Traffic came to a standstill this friday.
    Took the van home and went for ride instead.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I rode the Chase today and had a ball. It was bloody hard work though, especially some if the climbs on the Monkey Trail.

The board walk sections were lethal though.

P20

We had Blanchland moor to ourselves. The only car in the car park. Spotted two walkers on the main track, but it was just us on the moor. Hard going so we had to cut it short, but good fun

Blanchland in the snow by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

dannyh
    Free Member

you are all making me jealous! The missus pulled the ladder up last night, so 100% childcare for me today. To be fair, she does seem to have flu, but I am thinking of some means testing if it goes on much longer. Maybe leave a nice cup of tea on a shelf too high for her to reach, if I catch her climbing on a chair to get it, then I am off out on the bike.

Or is that a bit harsh?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘So who else braved it today?!’ is closed to new replies.