• This topic has 85 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • So who doesn't also ride a road bike?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Not sure I understand the “boring” comments…. My ht is boring on a fire road slog, but comes alive on twisty singletrack. Likewise with the road bike, get on a stretch where you can wind it up to speed, throw in some bends and it becomes a pucker / grin inducing ride

justatheory
    Free Member

Surprised by peoples safety concerns. I’ve had road bikes for 10+ years, commute daily in Manchester and never had so much as a grazed knee, whereas I’ve made a mess of myself on several occasions mountain biking.

Love both for different reasons. Neither is particularly dangerous.

EDIT: I bet I get squashed under a bus on tomorrow’s commute for that.

juan
    Free Member

I don’t. Why, because I own a SRX600 end of.

Edric64
    Free Member

I own a SRX600 end of.

Which end do you own front or back ? are you saving up to buy the rest of it ?

bigad40
    Free Member

Haven’t touched my road bike since Zig Zag at box hill got resurfaced. Probably the speed wobble it develops at 40mph (downhill obviously) put me off, cheap rims.
    Oh and roadies are not as cool as they think they are!
    When they finally try cheese straws at Peaslake shop they will see the light, or home made cakes at Leith Hill tower, rather than the driest cake or flapjack from National Trust.

bruk

Bought a cross type bike as with small child and usual work time was tight. Haven’t used it as much as i would like due to my and the wife’s commitments this summer.

However was out this evening for a quick 40 min blast and was great ound a cople of new paths off a quiet road to explore, may even be worth going back with the mtb.

Good fun

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘So who doesn't also ride a road bike?’ is closed to new replies.