Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • So, who can draw?
  • I was rooting about in the loft and found some old pics I did when I was younger – a bit smudged and crumpled now though….

Porsche Carrera GT

Axl Rose

An unfinished Aston

And one of my earlier drawings – a very crumpled Countach

cynic-al
    Free Member

Noice.

I like having a go but am way behind you

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Nice work, I will post some of mine tomorrow (when I have got my flame suit on)

MrSmith
    Free Member

did you draw them from life or copy from photographs?
    🙄

Thanks

Photo’s Mr Smith – I’m far too slow to do it any other way.

I’d like to get some pencils and have another go, but it’s finding time these days.

NB – should have altered the WB on the camera, as the paper is actually white and they look a bit better viewed properly, but you get the idea.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mine are pretty shit, but I got pleasure from doing them.

IMAG0951 by alan cole, on Flickr

IMAG0952.jpg by alan cole, on Flickr

IMAG0950.jpg by alan cole, on Flickr

IMAG0949.jpg by alan cole, on Flickr

Creative writing class was v satisfying too…

Hohum
    Free Member

I can’t but my wife can – she studied textile & design at Glasgow School of Art and as a result we have lots of her designs around the house.

My children seem to have inherited her artistic skills as well so it will be interesting to see how they develop over the years.

Nothing shit about those at all al.

Don’t think I’ll turn to creative writing though 😉

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Nothing wrong there Cynical-al. If you get pleasure from it then that’s all that counts.

I love drawing as my job, and nervous to be having my first book published at the end of this year on drawing tutorials. I am currently working on a bike related tutorial and working on a secret watercolour project that will appeal to bike fans.

There’s some nice work on this thread, were is redthunder? His STW art threads were fun.

Jamie
    Free Member

I always wish I could draw. A guy in my class at secondary school, used to draw the most lifelike, detailed and deviant pictures of whichever teacher we had at the time, and he was my hero.

tazzymtb

used to make extra cash airbrusing stuff like HR geiger babies onto biker jackets, so I’m fairly handy. just need to find the right bike frame to play with to create a custom painted masterpiece.

My soon to be frankenfat may end up with little abominable snowmen and bigfoots (bigfeet?) all over it

Jamie
    Free Member

My soon to be frankenfat may end up with little abominable snowmen and bigfoots (bigfeet?) all over it

Translation needed.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

One of mine

One of Mme Moonteresses.

samuri
    Free Member

Mine are pretty shit, but I got pleasure from doing them.

+1

I never really tried that hard in the past to do really well either. I keep having big gaps away from drawing and then come back again. Just started again in November. I’m making a real effort to keep it up as well. Really enjoying the attempt this time round.

I’d be interested in hearing about your book catflees.

Here’s a couple of my favourites from my current batch

res-pike-draw by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

three-velo by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Eye eye by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Jamie
    Free Member

@Mcmoonter

You sorted that tree yet?

Also, you pics don’t work, sooooo:

Yours:

Your Missuseseseses:

tazzymtb

Translation needed.

one of my bicycles which is currently running a fat front is going to have a new back end fitted to enable it to take a fat rear tyre, thus making it an abomination to cycle kind and the the equivalent of frankenstiens monster, hence “frankenfat” in the home bodgers lingo 😀

It will then have a custom paint paint job by me to show little hairy monsters leaving big footprints behind, much like a fat bike does.

there we go

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cheers Jamie, cant figure out why my image wouldnt post.

EDIT – tree time tomorrow afternoon.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers for the explanation, Tazzy.

EDIT – tree time tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully being filmed.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Samuri, I like your style. I also like the “hover bikes of the future” in the 2nd picture.

I used to draw with a pen and pencil but most of my drawing nowadays tends to be on a computer.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

McMoonter, that first picture is awesome!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

In the last year I have started to dabble. Coincidentally I was starting a new one today. Now, I can’t draw, I know that. I also can’t paint, but been going to a sort of artist drop in session about twice a month and like others here, well I’m enjoying it.

Anyway, here is today’s sketching out for my next effort

8 Jan 2012 15:23 by gary_foulger, on Flickr

I’d be interested if anyone can work out who it is (without looking at other stuff on my Flick pages!) as that will tell me if I’m on the right track!

Oh, sorry for the pic quality. Quick iPhone snap in fading light

roper
    Free Member

a couple from me

Rudyard Kipling

a pigeon

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve not quite got the technical ability of some of the other posters..

TooTall
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to have a couple of hours of lectures / class from Trevor Flynn, the man behind Sketchmob and drawingatwork:

http://www.drawingatwork.co.uk/index.php

One of the most inspirational times ever being taught. The bloke is incredible. It might be bit ‘pro’ for some but good stuff.

munkster
    Free Member

By munkster, aged 7 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

On a drawing/arty theme. I rediscovered this website today, and recommend it very highly:

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/

donks
    Free Member

I have some saved on the iPad but can’t be arsed uploading them to a host. Can I drag images from the cloud and stick them on here?

yunki
    Free Member

cheers Jamie.. that site looks awesome

brakes
    Free Member

cheesyfeet, I’d guess Keith Richards

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yunki do you only ever draw people having a dump? 😉

Jamie – Member
    I always wish I could draw. A guy in my class at secondary school, used to draw the most lifelike, detailed and deviant pictures of whichever teacher we had at the time, and he was my hero

This is how I felt, but I had to give it a go and was pleased. My siblings all did art (Fine Art, Car Design and Photography) whereas I was pushed towards science as I got better grades than them. My BIL in particular has also done some amazing work which he has hung up casually around the house, drawings I could look at forever. That is my goal!…but I want to become technically perfect first.

Creative writing was genuinely odd – daunting (you’d read your work out to the class) cathartic, fun…impossible to be objective about tho.

Fred I look forward to seeing your speaker ideas…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

McMoonter, that first picture is awesome!

Thanks! 🙂

Drawing for me should be as much about mood as likeness.

iDave
    Free Member

Had to choose between Fine Art or Sports Science degrees, chose sport, so this is the only art I’ve produced since 1983 – done 3 years ago to try to impress a female….

bellys
    Free Member

Very nice people but not 1 of you have posted BooBS.

Sad very sad. Keep up the good work 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Very nice people but not 1 of you have posted BooBS.

Any other requests?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Brakes, yay!!!!! Spot on. I can’t be that bad!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

samuri
    Free Member

done 3 years ago to try to impress a female….

Did it work?

iDave
    Free Member

done 3 years ago to try to impress a female….

Did it work?

well, she is a professional artist earning a great living and we were together for 2 years, so, probably just about worked but not well enough…

donks
    Free Member

Some bits I did on sketch up pro on the iPad.

[/url] Title by Neil charlwood, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘So, who can draw?’ is closed to new replies.