Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • So which Utd fans are hoping that Chelsea actually beat us?
  • geoffj

Puts hand up.
    Time for the LVG experiment to be wound up!

scaled
    Free Member

The vultures were circling down at Carrington yesterday, TV crews all set up with trucks and a load of paparazzi all parked up on the road.

Can’t imagine he’s got long left

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Not a real Man U fan then. We need to win this game to kill of the “LVG experiment” to be killed off, then he can get on with managing the team properly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

As (Sheff) United fan, I hope he’s still in charge on 9th Jan. Unfortunately, that will probably be the game where the new manager magic kicks in 🙁

sc-xc

Not a real Man U fan then.

Pretty much this. I can’t imagine (as a West Bromwich Albion fan) that I would ever want my team. To lose.

geoffj

Not a real Man U fan then.

Pretty much this.

If the draw is enough to result in LVG leaving the club then then that’ll do for me.
    It’s about medium- to long-term ambition, I’d happily take a kicking from Chelsea if it meant we could start to look for a new manager.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I wonder whether you were calling for the sacking of old what’s his name back in 89-90.
    I wonder whether you were a fan then.
    I wonder whether you were a fan when we were in the 2nd division, or just a glory hunter.
    It’s a long term thing.

geoffj

I wonder whether you were calling for the sacking of old what’s his name back in 89-90.
    I wonder whether you were a fan then.
    I wonder whether you were a fan when we were in the 2nd division, or just a glory hunter.
    It’s a long term thing.

So I can’t be a real fan and want LVG to go?

sc-xc

So I can’t be a real fan and want LVG to go?

In the history of ever, you should never want your team to lose.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

You can’t be a real fan and want “your” team to lose.
    Today’s performance was excellent and hopefully a turning point. LVG has a history of difficult starts, followed by success and there’s no reason for him not to repeat it here. I wish him all the success possible at Utd and would hate to see us move into a club that fires managers after a bit of a poor run.
    Stop being so negative and get behind the team you claim to be a real supporter of, just like the majority of the fans who attended today’s game.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You can’t really blame any Utd fans for being desperate for a win. Some of them have forgotten how it feels. LVG’s days are numbered whatever happened today geoffers. Once fans, the media, etc start circling. Paps at the training ground. The constant questioning about his job rather than the team, you know the days are numbered. ManU are not a “back-the-manager” organisation anymore. That stopped a few games after Moyes took over. The only side left in the EPL that does now is Arsenal. And look at all the titles it’s brought them. They’ll succumb eventually – although I think they’ll do the right thing and give Wenger a chance to stand down himself. It would be tragic to see him sacked. And after that they’ll turn into a revolving door too.

geoffj

Stop being so negative and get behind the team you claim to be a real supporter of, just like the majority of the fans who attended today’s game.

I’m a supporter of the club – the team and manager need to represent the club and play decent football.
    Today’s performance was better than recent outings, but still not good enough IMHO.
    I want to watch fast paced attractive football not Sam Allardyce’s interpretation of the game.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

move into a club that fires managers after a bit of a poor run.

That’s already happened.

binners

I would never want to see us lose.

Best performance of the season, that. Which is absolutely baffling as it comes off the back of possibly the worst United performance I have ever witnessed. If that side shows up next game then great. But I suspect it’s more likely to be the one that so conprehensively failed to turn up at Stoke. We seem to have the odd good performance, then go backwards.

It’s all sooooooo confusing 🙁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spot on DD.

MoreCashThanDash

You’d think United fans, of all people given Fergies difficult first year, would have some patience with a new manager.

If they were Man Utd fans in those days, of course….. 😉

geoffj

The world and the game has moved on since 89-90. LVG doesn’t want to be in it for the long haul, so why should we put up with his shitty performance for another season and a half so he can go on his terms?

Edit – first trip to Old Trafford was January 1986 to watch the 2-0 win over Rochdale in the FA cup

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Did you get your Mourinho scarf at today’s game?
    [/url]

sc-xc

I just look at it from my lad’s eyes.

‘Do you want Albion to lose on Saturday?’

– no, of course not. They’re my team

‘Aaahhh, but it might be better in the long run’

– **** off dad

geoffj

Did you get your Mourinho scarf at today’s game?

I’d have Mourinho keep the manager’s seat warm for a couple of seasons until Gary Neville is ready to take over the reigns.

zippykona

They drew nil nil with a team in 14th place and that’s considered a good result?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

They drew nil nil with a team in 14th place and that’s considered a good result?

Only time will tell, but the performance was excellent. There were a couple of cracking shots on goal, pretty much like the team of old. I would have prefered to have won but based on recent performances it was a turning point. He’s now got the easiest team talk ever.
    “You know what you did today lads? Repeat that and forget about my previous philosophy bollox!”

geoffj

“You know what you did today lads? Repeat that and forget about my previous philosophy bollox!”

But unfortunately that won’t happen.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

But unfortunately that won’t happen.

And you know this, how?
    I brought up 89-90 not as a pointer to the past, but as an illustration that it’s difficult to predict the future and we can’t do that based on the recent past. LVG has a history of success, he has motivation, self respect and pride. Why would he decide to throw all that away? he hasn’t suddenly forgotten how to manage footballers or the game. There are thing that he does that I don’t like, but I can live with. I can see potential in the team and it’ll need time to bed in and grow and I think we’ll see his legacy as being another great team for another manager to run with.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ferguson was unique. The best manager in history of the game IMO, and I say that as a Liverpool supporter. He has gone. And no one will fill his shoes, no one. Not Guardiola, not Mourinho. The sooner people stop comparing every manager to Ferguson the sooner they can move on. Nobody played a style of football as exciting and had and instilled such a will to win. Unless UTD supporters can see past that they will always be disappointed and any manager who comes in, regardless of their reputation, will be on borrowed time as no manager can provide the style of football Ferguson did, and certainly no manager will ever get close to the domination they achieved under him. Unless they give a manager the time that Ferguson was given they’ll just end up drifting for decades as we have done.

yossarian
    Free Member

The problems at MU are not with the manager.

geoffj

Unless they give a manager the time that Ferguson was given they’ll just end up drifting for decades as we have done.

This ^ and LVG isn’t in it for the long haul.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the manager tbh.

He should let them fire him so gets a pay out instead of quitting.

The players are dire. They need to man up.

An average team but have potential.

Give him to end of the season. See how he goes.

The board should just tell him it’s ok or be ready to be sacked – takes the pressure of him and the players unless they are not playing for him.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

This ^ and LVG isn’t in it for the long haul.

But Giggs is, and he’s likely to get a helping hand from Ferguson.

ctk
    Free Member

Don’t think Mourinho is the answer for UTD. Definitely doesn’t play the brand of football the fans are wanting.

LVG reminds me a bit of Capello, I’m asking myself “how were you ever a great manager?”

geoffj

But Giggs is, and he’s likely to get a helping hand from Ferguson.

So let’s crack on with that approach then sooner rather than later.

LVG reminds me a bit of Capello, I’m asking myself “how were you ever a great manager?”

True

loddrik
    Free Member

Giggs should do the right thing and go and manage in the lower leagues for a bit. Yes he was a great player but that has absolutely no bearing on management prowess. Managing a big club is something that should be earned, just like Ferguson earned it.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Managing a big club is something that should be earned, just like Ferguson earned it.

Or Guardiola? 😉

So let’s crack on with that approach then sooner rather than later.

Possibly, but rumour has it that the board has spent time talking LVG out of resigning and I guess they have a bit more insight than me or you as to what the plan is.

ctk
    Free Member

Definitely feel Giggs would be better off managing elsewhere or the U21s.

geoffj

Me too, which is partly why I think that Gary Neville may be a better long term option.

dragon
    Free Member

If Giggs is so great how come they aren’t doing better presently as he is the no.2?

How is Martinez still in a job at Everton, supposed to be challenging for top 4 and currently coming up short.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you want exciting football with lots of goals get keegan in, he’d love that,love it I tell you!
    If you can’t get that team to work then perhaps the team is the problem. Rooney should have been off to psg or Spain to fund some changes, he’s only going to get cheaper.

As a Newcastle fan I never went in for the blame pardew crap which was proved after he left. Sometimes it’s not the manager that’s the problem but it’s easier to blame him. With inherited players and a change in style it takes time.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘So which Utd fans are hoping that Chelsea actually beat us?’ is closed to new replies.