Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So, Which bit am i missing? (hope headset)
  • spock
    Free Member

I've looked at the drawing on the hope website but its confused me, which part/parts am i missing from this hope headset? Is that the right race? it has a 1mm or so gap when to press it next to the bottom cup assembley.

Top cup- Am i missing a seal or something?

Bottom cup- Is that the right race?

Thanks a lot

foxyrider
    Free Member

Erm prob not as you get a split crown race with the Hope headset?

far left – and its not got the seal on it either.

Edit: however looking further that's the old headset not the newer 07 version isn't it?

spock
    Free Member

No, its the old one.

spock
    Free Member

No-one?

z1ppy

looking at mine (still fitted to a frame), you only missing the o-ring that sits under the top fitting (not the cap), it might be under the inside of it.
    As per Foxy, the replacement crown race I got for mine is split and has two o-rings as part of it.
    (Surprisingly this piccy has no split but is from CRC Hope crown race page but does show the outer o-ring)

spock
    Free Member

wait a minute, ive been a complete numpty, the top bits sorted now, you use the circular sealed bit on the top that i tought went on the bottom, so i may be missing somthing from the bottom, or does the race go straight onto the bearing?

z1ppy

It goes straight onto the bearing, hense the requirment to have the crown race to have o-rings, as it's the final seal @ the bottom

spock
    Free Member

Thanks for the help, bodged inner tube seal made

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So, Which bit am i missing? (hope headset)’ is closed to new replies.