Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • So wheres the nearest trail to where you live ?
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

You just hit the floor…

Pieface

…..After the woodwork collapses under its own weight

Duane…
    Free Member

Fair bit of clearance from overhanging branch.

rustydub
    Free Member

I consider myself lucky in that I live midway between Cwmcarn and the Afan Valley 😀

flatback
    Free Member

cwmcarn 5 miles,

Filthy
    Free Member

Not a lot of horizontal bracing on that north shore, I reckon it would fold if Ton went over it.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Cwmcarn 10mins by bike.

MOJOK
    Free Member

Four miles of private singletrack out my back door. It’s a ton of work, but it’s all done my way.

samuri
    Free Member

I’m about ten miles from Rivington but I can hit offroad about 20 yards from my front door and ride all the way there without seeing tarmac if I want.

That’s the beauty of living in an ex-mining town, absolutely masses of old colliery land which is only just becoming available for building on and is strewn with paths.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Err Gibraltar? That’s not very helpful huh?

Guilliano
    Free Member

5 miles from Woburn Sands, 15 from Chicksands and Aston Hill and from there I have the whole of The Chilterns and the Ridgeway to ride.

Harry_the_Spider

200m to the woods
    1 mile to the HtN track
    10 miles to Lee Quarry

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mendips 15 mins in car, Quantocks 35 mins in car.

All real trails, designed by animals, walkers and mother natures weather fronts

grynch
    Free Member

nearest trails for me are about a 100yrds from my door… farm tracks that is, but you can follow those right into the woods ( about 2 miles ) and from there all the way up the haute jura ( going thru a few villages in the meantime )

Surfr
    Free Member

martyntr – Member

Nant yr Arian….4 miles away..

Same for me.

AndyP
    Free Member

nearest trails – outside the back door
    nearest trail centre – wouldn’t have a clue

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Depends what you mean :-). I have the north edinburgh cycleway / water of leith path about 30m from my door, nearest bit of “real singletrack” about 4 miles away, Pentlandss about 8 miles away, Glentress about 50 mins drive

Tracey

Can ride from home but nearest known trail is Wharncliffe 10 mins away, and Langsett upon to Cut Gate is 20 mins away

Home

Wharncliffe

Langsett

Tracey

robdob
    Free Member

Tracey, is that a BMX track in the second pic? I can’t be far from you so would be interested in going to it if it is.

franki
    Free Member

Nearest riding of any note is Cannock Chase for me. 35mins in the car.

Nothing from the door except canal towpaths.
    If I fancy peddaling a fair few road miles there and back (not often!) I can do Clent Hills.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Borrowdale Bash is probably closest well known trail to home.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

5 metres from the woods behind our house.

half a mile from Rooley Moor Road/Mary Townley Loop/Pennine Bridleway

3 miles from Lee Quarry

10 miles from HtN track

uponthedowns
    Free Member

As I live in the south of England the nearest trail centre is miles away- probably Cwm Carn.

Nearest trails are the N Wessex Downs which I can access straight from my front door- not technically challenging but there’s miles of them.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

200m from local woods
    15 miles from Swinley Forest

GW
    Free Member

purpose built trails?
    overgrown pump track, crap easy north shore and crap unloved dirt jumps (might get em finished/sorted soon :oops:)= 2 miles away
    national cycle route (links to edinburgh/East/mid lothian) = 1/2mile away, natural singletrack to get there
    abysmal council metal skate park = 4 miles away
    nearest trail centre/decent DH track Glentress/innerleithen = 30miles
    crap natural XC = miles of it from my door

Rich
    Free Member

neverfastenuff – Member

I can make a longish ride out of Stafford along old railway line, canal, country lanes and back home along a different canal – takes 3 hrs and burns legs – other than that off piste trails on the chase..

I rode from Stafford to Telford down the old railway line the other week, not a bad route really, obviously not technical!

peajay

4ish miles to nevis range,
    PJ

bumley
    Free Member

Within riding distance of Chicksands

Tracey

Robdob

It is between Barnsley and Wath at the side of the Trans Pennine Trail, council put it in for local kids Its OK for a mess about on

Some more pics of track in with this lot

http://kevinlawton6103.fotopic.net/c1064175.html

Tracey

Sketch
    Free Member

I’m lucky? enough to live in Cannock and work a lot in Bedford- so the Chase is 2 mins ride from my house and Chicky is about 10mins in the car for after work rides. Used to holiday near Aberystwyth every year as well so Nant y Arian is a fave. The towns are not exactly exciting but who needs towns anyway?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Live 100yds from a path/trail that leads right into Delamere Forest.

Trail Centre Wise it’s Llandegla, 35 mintues in the car

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mendips – from door
    Quarry – 15 minutes by car
    Cheddar and Burrington – 15 minutes by car
    Quantocks – 50 minutes by car
    CwmCarn – 1 hour 20 minutes by car
    Exmoor – 1 hour 20 minutes by car
    Afan – 2 hours by car

Pretty good really, I’m lucky.

Bunnyhop

Llandegla is the nearest man-made trail, about 1 hours drive away. 🙂
    Home is on the edge of the Peaks so natural trails are half a mile. Just ride and ride for miles, all day if needs be mostly off road. 🙂

martyntr
    Free Member

Surfr – Member

martyntr – Member

Nant yr Arian….4 miles away..

Same for me.

Alright Dan me old chum….. 😉

fingerbike
    Free Member

Swinley forest, 1 Mile.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Rich:
    I didnt know the old railway line carried on all the way to Telford – I usually get off at Gnosall where it crosses the canal and ride down to Wheaton Aston, from there the lanes into Penkridge and then pick the canal back to stafford through Acton Trussell back on to the Meadows where I live, could prob do it quicker than 3 hrs but there is some great scenery / wildlife to see and I always have a break at W/Aston..

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I live in Central London, but am only about 30 mins ride from the riding mecca that is..

..Epping Forest.

iolo
    Free Member

Coed y Brenin – 5 mins
    Marin – 30 mins
    Penmachno – 20 mins
    Climachx – 30 mins
    Llandegla – 30 mins
    Nant yr Arian – 45 mins
    As much natural riding in Snowdonia as you like – from back door
    6 Downhill Tracks within 30 mins.
    I’m quite lucky really.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

iolo ; ‘Lucky’…you are absolutely ruined… 😉

DickBarton

Natural stuff – about 30 seconds from my door (and there are days and days of trails to play on). Trail Centre stuff – Carron Valley is 20 minutes away, Glentress about 1hr 10 and Laggan about 2 hours (which gets visited most often out of the trail centres).

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘So wheres the nearest trail to where you live ?’ is closed to new replies.