• This topic has 68 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jonba.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • So where you watching "the match" tonight?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Preparations already underway due to some unexpected guests coming to watch the match tonight. It would appear the house has to be uber clean and tidy as a mates possibly bringing his “new” girlfriend. Probably not a good night to be introduced to us lot to be fair!

Jamie
    Free Member

Dear, Diary:

Preparations already underway due to some unexpected guests coming to watch the match tonight. It would appear the house has to be uber clean and tidy as a mates possibly bringing his “new” girlfriend. Probably not a good night to be introduced to us lot to be fair!

8)

…and probably just going to watch this one at home, as got family over.

bruneep

PMK2060

Nostel priory near Wakefield. Big screen outdoors following the 80s concert. I will probably not even remember the score in the morning 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Home with MrsBouy.

We’ve enjoyed watching the two games we’ve caught so far with last nights Spain/Holland being both fun and bemusing at the same time.

Rock on Gurland 😆

justatheory
    Free Member

On my sofa

boblo
    Free Member

Probably won’t bother. Overpaid yobs rolling around whilst other braying yobs look on? Nah, all sounds a bit shite really…

soobalias
    Free Member

mates putting on a world cup party

today ive got to sort some german food. and apparently just showing everyone my sausage might be a bit much

Jamie
    Free Member

Probably won’t bother. Overpaid yobs rolling around whilst other braying yobs look on? Nah, all sounds a bit shite really…

…to me. 😡

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m not watching it. However, when the pubs turn people out and they’re yelling and hollering because England did/didn’t win, please consider those who couldn’t care less about football and are actually trying to get a good nights sleep between two very busy days.

binners

I’m watching it in my local. There’s something appropriate, and strangely reassuring about the casual racism of the regulars, during an Engerland game.

boblo
    Free Member

Awwww Jamie, don’t be like that… Anyway, shoont you be out giving that Trek a bit of stick? It’s not even raining… ?

yunki
    Free Member

I’m not gonna watch it.. Instead I will be listening to it via the medium of sitting by an open window to hear the noise from the town pubs

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Being of mixed Italian, Uruguayan and Costa Rican ancestry I’m probably not the best person to ask about watching and England game. 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

The “pub” was just not an option as most folk will have been supping since 6/7pm ish no doubt and I’ve a feeling there might be an atmosphere if things don’t go well for England come 00:45

Jamie
    Free Member

The “pub” was just not an option as most folk will have been supping since 6/7pm ish no doubt and I’ve a feeling there might be an atmosphere if things don’t go well for England come 00:45

Agreed. Sadly, I gave up on watching England in pubs several years ago. I think it was after playing Tunisia, a game we won, and for some reason it all kicked off in a couple of places.

I think if one has a nice local, out the way or has a strong contingent of non-****er locals, then it’s a great idea. Otherwise, I’ll stick to not having to queue for a pint, a piss and a packet of scratchings, and just watch it with family or with mates.

….plus the beer is cheaper 8)

loddrik
    Free Member

Some of us have to work….

Jamie
    Free Member

Some of us have to work….

You playing tonight then, Lodders?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

In my local,

Little country pub, which on a busy day has 12 people in it. 🙂

andytherocketeer

I think it was after playing Tunisia, a game we won

Missed that score.
    Had a good snooze.

Never seen a game since, and have no intention of ever seeing one ever again.

dannyh
    Free Member

On the sofa desperately trying to keep my eyes open having got back from a 3 hour ride at about 8-30pm!

Jamie
    Free Member

Had a good snooze.

The game was on at 2:30pm.

Never seen a game since, and have no intention of ever seeing one ever again.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Back in t day I remember queuing outside of derby walkabout for the Argentina match when it was over in japan. It was possibly one of the best days out I’ve ever had.
    We may have been the idiots I’m trying to avoid now…

john_drummer
    Free Member

What wrightyson said about 11pm kick off in pubs on a Saturday night

in my case it was italia 90, vs Cameroon. England won that one, eventually, but the atmosphere in the pub that night was really unpleasant for a while

andytherocketeer

Had a good snooze.

The game was on at 2:30pm.

Siesta then.

Was a rearranged lunch “hour” in the work’s clubhouse while on a C++ training course. Managed to keep my eyes fully open for the C++ course.

steve-g
    Free Member

Will be taking the family round a mates house, other mates also heading over, BBQ, plenty of beers, kids all going mental, and 4 consecutive games of football spread over 11 hours from 5pm to 4 am. tomorrow is going to be a write off

Basil

Netflix

wrightyson
    Free Member

4 consecutive games of football spread over 11 hours from 5pm to 4 am. tomorrow is going to be a write off

Happy Father’s Day 😀

the-muffin-man

BBQ with friends first, all the ladies will probably de-camp to anothers house and 10.30 and leave all the blokes to watch the match.

chewkw
    Free Member

My living room.

Which teams are playing?

This is the worst World Cup so far with no excitement whatsoever.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Not watching this shower of a tournament the whole games corrupt from the top of FIFA down, from what I’ve seen on the news it looks like the refs are rather biased especially the host nations game. Why they call it the beautiful game is beyond me!

chewkw
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member
    Why they call it the beautiful game is beyond me!

Ya, why? Beautiful game my goat turds. It’s definitely fun to play football if you have the skills or fitness but apart from that it just blokes chasing a ball.

the-muffin-man

Why they call it the beautiful game is beyond me!

Watching Holland take apart Spain last night was beautiful!

Drac

I’m nights. Not that I care about football but the chances of seeing are slim. I’m so looking forward to going into work knowing there’s those who’ve been drinking all day now sitting in a pub until around 1am watching England play. Going to be one hell of a shift.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Going to be one hell of a shift.

Am I right in thinking you’re ambulance crew drac? Or is that someone else? If so good luck and stay safe!

cinnamon_girl

God I loathe football and so glad that I’m not subjected to it. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Note to self: Remember to go be more of a tool in the next cycling/rugby/*insert other sport here* that gets posted. As apparently, if you don’t like a sport, the best thing to do is open a thread specifically about said sport so you can let the world know you won’t be watching.

cinnamon_girl

Just causing a little mischief Jamie xx

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh, so you’re one of these hooligans are keep hearing about?

*calls police*

wrightyson
    Free Member

*calls mi5/6*
    Can’t be too careful!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘So where you watching "the match" tonight?’ is closed to new replies.