Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • So where have you all been or going riding this weekend??
  • carlos
    Free Member

Non for me until Monday evening as Been and fixed my Dads roof this morning, nice walk with the Mrs and a couple of beers this afternoon and off out for dinner shortly. Tomorrow we’re going to go for another lovley walk and have a picnic. Its what wedding anniversaries are about?, no?

Bet those of you that have been out or plan to get out tomorrow have/will have cracking rides, its dry as a bone round here and everythings riding fast and smooth.

A bit gutted but its only once in a while and I’m away for the weekend of the CYB Enduro

gusamc
    Free Member

just found yet another Maidenhead gem (*well IMand GFHO), Knowl Hill, N, Thames path W all the way to Henley (studiously ignoring the no cycling signs and explaining the law to 4 oldsters who we saw contemplating the signs – who then followed us) – amazing houses and boats (and not the slighest problem), coffee and bun on the waterfront at Henely, then Crazies Hill, looping down to Twyford (where we had a picnic under a tree in a cut hay field watching trains and planes and automobiles) and loop back, all in blazing blue with wispy clound, only 200 yds on a busy road (and that was pavement), home now, and just fixed the creak that was driving me wild – curry to follow – yahoooooooo

gonetothehills
    Free Member

104 miles on the Tripster with about 17 of them ‘offroad’ on the Trans Pennine Trail. Started out in cold fog and finished up with sunburn! Great fun and just about to eat my body weight’s worth of dinner. MTB tomorrow if the legs can stand it…

tomhoward

Just got back from gizburn, am off for a road ride somewhere to be decided tomorrow 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

Marin Trail today

martymac

just about to head out up the dunfermline to alloa cycle track on the road bike with my m8.
    probly just be a pootle tho, as we have lots to gossip about.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Gosh I did 65km today on the LT HT. a lot if it was roadwork tho. From Eichenau to wessling then following my nose along woodland tracks most if the way to hershing and lake ammersee. Then up to andechs monastery where i failed to eat an entire roast pork knuckle but sank three helles. The braustubl and Kirch are well worth visiting when busy for the Craic and the oompah music. Then pinballed down the wood to hershing and the cycle paths home. Bloody lovely weather.

_tom_
    Free Member

Working evening shifts this weekend so i just had a quick 10 mile road ride this morning.. same again tomorrow although I’ll be hung over and on my way to pick up my car!

doom_mountain

No bike today as I killed the back wheel last week, lovely walk in the fells instead, spotted a few promising cheeky sections 😉
    Weather was glorious.
    Bike is currently being cleaned / serviced in preparation for new wheel…let’s hope this ‘Indian Summer’ holds out!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Did a quick blast round Llandegla this morning as I had to go there and register for the Etape Cymru tomorrow, so that’s tomorrows ride all 145km and 3000’ish meters of climbing through Welsh Wales

br
    Free Member

Yair valley tomorrow, and at least one trip over the ‘Brethern.

DrP

Just finished the South Downs way…
    Pooped!

DrP

toxicsoks
    Free Member

8)

tazzymtb

few hours of cheeky trails at cannock today and off to wales tomorrow for an epic penmachno and marin double on rigid one geared ego chariots. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

Went for a mini epic Dartmoor mish yesterday, incorporating a bit of exploring and a plan for some tentative night riding..

The exploration part went very smoothly..
    After a nice piece of cake and a cuppa at The Hound Of The Basket Meals, I set off up over Hameldown for a look at the ridge across to Widecombe..
    There were some nice sections along the route and it was lovely and dry and fast, but I wouldn’t fancy my chances if the farmer there took umbrage to my unofficial presence.. and the road back to Natsworthy looked like a steady flat mile or so on the map but was far from it and after a while the gradient got a bit depressing..

Back to the hound, and a quick stop to set up lights and put on armwarmers for the last leg.. (over Bowerman’s and down through the two valleys, before a cheeky bimble along the river back to town and a jaunt through the lanes to home..)
    The best laid plans of mice and men and all that though, as my Magicshine had lost it’s sparkle, and the emergency ‘get you home’ Cnog lights were definitely for being seen and not for seeing..
    With this in mind I decided against the technical challenges on offer in the valleys and nipped home along the road by the shortest route..

Bowerman’s on a rigid by twilight was great fun however, but I’m not comfortable with road riding at the best of times so the rest of the very dark journey home was spent squinting into the murky unknown, and clenching my butt cheeks very tightly..

30 miles.. 4000ft of climbing and lots of rocky moorland, I had sore legs but perhaps unsurprisingly didn’t feel too beaten up by the rigid Soul..

good times 😀

aP
    Free Member

4 hours at Calshot this afternoon after a pleasant 20 mile loop got tea and cakes through the New Forest.
    Bike rebuilding tomorrow, then funeral on Monday.

hora
    Free Member

Peaks bumped into a nice bloke from Crookes

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

New Forest roads tomorrow. Summer holidays over so hoping for quieter roads than lately.

crispo
    Free Member

No ride for me this weekend in the glorious weather.

Ive been stood at the side of the M66 from 7-7 today and going to do it all over again tomorrow. If anyone drives past feel free to wave to me!

gab344
    Free Member

Doing the wonderful Holme valley challenge tomorrow. Hopefully a little less windy than last year. Actually the forcast looks rather good 🙂

Haze

None today, been knocking out 20 litres of cinnamon beer in the garage.

First road century tomorrow, excited 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Nowt today and no idea tomorrow 🙁 post-holiday riding blues hit late this year, but they hit hard

h4muf
    Free Member

82 miler in the Peaks today!

29er Peak ride by h4muf, on Flickr

rj
    Free Member

Went out on Thursday, but my enthusiasm exceeded my skill level so I now have a broken helmet, split shoes and a rather nasty looking elbow so I’m off the bike for a few days. Obviously, the weather is now taunting me by not being utterly shocking.

footflaps

Been working in the garden so far this WE and this is all I have to show for it:

One down, three or four more to go….. by brf, on Flickr

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Family day to day Brecon Beast tomorrow 😀 I can’t wait going to be lovely riding ‘The Gap’ tomorrow

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Afan today and the Mendips tomorrow 🙂

crossland
    Free Member

No riding for me as I am doing the Stratford big 10km race tomorrow.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Set out at 06.20 this morning did 30 miles and then went to pick up new bike for yinn jnr.

forge197
    Free Member

Just done a lap around Cannock, trails running nice first time been when the trail is dry and the new bit with rollers is good, but there had been a nasty fall on the rollers by a rider, so I hope he is ok, he was being well looked after by other riders.

dabble
    Free Member

Day at the dirt jumps yesterday, i’m getting there, only stacked it once n my flow is coming along nicely. next stop whipsville.
    went round the local trails this morning and did a bit of exploring over yonder n found a really nice piece o track to link two bits i didn’t know could be linked in that way. All nice dry n dusty.
    Now sat on settee with sweat drying on me, i’m sticky n stinky but happy.
    Still an absolutely glorious day. Contemplating sitting in the garden to watch the xce, if my wireless will stretch that far.

djflexure

Wyre yesterday, may go back for more today

Karinofnine

Off road in Herts. Really enjoyed it, I love Hertfordshire 🙂

Garry_Lager

Bit of a Peak exploration today – some new trails for me, had lovely weather. Did Stockport – Poynton – Lyme Park – Gritstone trail sponds hill – Kettleshulme – Pym Chair – Shining Tor – Macc Forest – Tegg’s Nose then got the train back from Macc.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

wyre forest 30k . . .

3 offs, 2 broken ribs, . . not me i’m far too skilled . . lol

Get well soon Gav

maxray
    Free Member

Refound my cycling mojo whilst doing a 55k pootle round the lanes of south Birmingham/stratford. so enjoyable.. thankful to my wife for dealing with the kids.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Slightly disappointed today as drive to garnish partenkirchen to find some big ass trails and didnt. The more single track trail are verboten to bikes 🙁 so I broke a few rules 🙂 but still not enthralling. Lots of steep but not much tech or flow. And over run with walkers. It’s a big place so I’ll try another spot next time. Heck a sunny day in the mountains is always a good day!

carlos
    Free Member

Good good, well jel of those that got out, beer fest sounds like it could have been messy.

Healing vibes to those that need them.

😉

markcurtains
    Free Member

rode to work. Will be riding home in a bit. [/glum]

donks
    Free Member

Spent a day at Radlands Plaza yesterday ( without the kids) good stuff but too hot

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘So where have you all been or going riding this weekend??’ is closed to new replies.