Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • So where are you all for New Year? At home? Away? Chinese lanterns?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m in the Far East with some friends.

What y’all doin’?

Will it be a massive anti-climax?

TheSwede
    Free Member

New years eve, early to bed for an 07:00 flight to Geneva. Off piste week in the white stuff 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ooooh, ya fecker. I’m liking that plan!

Dark-Side

Helsinki for me with family, we flew down from a Christmas period in Lapland at the start of the week.

donsimon
    Free Member

Home alone. 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

gf’s working til 8pm (A&E, glad she’s not on the whole night too). i’m going to go pick her up then we’re off to a mate’s house in didsbury for a couple of hours. reasonably early finish though cos we’re planning on a bit of a jaunt in the Peak somewhere on sunday.

turboferret

Last day of 7 boarding in Zermatt, flying back to the UK the day after. Only slight fly in the ointment is that I don’t have any accommodation for that night…

Cheers, Rich

tazzymtb

big old training ride on sunday morning, so it’ll be a booze free quiet one, really can’t see what all the fuss is about 😐

Sue_W
    Free Member

Party at a friend’s house, and then a group of us are hiking up onto the top of Conwy Mountain for midnight to see in the New Year. Really looking forward to it!

Anyone else in the area we might see you up there. We’ll be the one’s with the mulled wine 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Not sure yet but it should involve alcohol. Theres been talk of a pirate-themed bar having its opening night on NYE.

grahamh
    Free Member

Why not match the new trends of Chinese lanterns and fireworks on new years eve and combine the two.
    Shooting down Chinese lantens with rockets 😆

timraven

Dinner with some friends and an uncertain amount of alcohol 🙄

Have fun in the east dd

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Mrs on nights looking after poorly kids, me in with stepson & I have control of the telly. At least 2 full NHL games to watch, with beer. 😛

AlasdairMc

turboferret – you can bivi in Geneva airport, assuming that’s where you’re returning from?

yunki
    Free Member

probably watch a bit of telly.. lurk on here for a bit maybe and go to bed around 10..
    living on the edge baby

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Re Chinese lanterns: I’m in Ireland atm and a chap from the AAI was on the national radio news with a firm voice and a warning to ring a certain phone number before you launch your lanterns.

Basically you now need air traffic control clearance before you light the cuties up. Somehow I dont think they’ve thought this one through.

Otherwise – will be with family (basically lots of puking kids atm).

Alpha1653

10 of us at a mate’s house in Somerset. Fancy dress theme is People from the History of Britain. Big meal and a keg of west country ale (that’s 70 odd pints between 5 blokes, the girls will be on the Lambrini). Then climb up Glastonbury Tor the following day to, ahem, blow away the cobwebs. Cannae’ wait!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Top of Mam Tor in the Peak District at midnight.

Harry_the_Spider

Me and the Wife. Bottle of Champagne. Cheese board. TV.

racefaceec90

just staying at home (playing my new telecaster 😀 drinking coffee (as i’m teetotal nowadays)

grantway
    Free Member

Here this year But being the crappy weather and the bloody cold
    Looks like it will be our last year of our festivities in London.

Mrs wants to have all our Christmas’s and New Years eve’s
    from now on in our place in Alicante spain
    and certainly gets my thumbs up.

Have a good one where ever you are 😉

psling
    Free Member

Knees-up at the local Miners Welfare Club with friends to see in the New Year then daughters and their partners all coming round for lunch on New Year’s Day.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m spending it drunkenly with someone I love.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m spending it drunkenly with someone I love.

Madam Palm and her five daughters ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think al means he’s spending it alone. 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I don’t give a rats arse about New Year personally. Forced Celebration and a big anti-climax seems to sum it up for me.

So, tomorrow morning I’m off to the Forest of Dean to try out the new Blue run with my better half. Then we’ll have a few beers and a Takeaway tomorrow night and spend most of Sunday giving the bikes a much needed strip down and clean/grease.

Good weekend for me.

flap_jack
    Free Member

No chance of an early night here. More fireworks in MK on NYE than on bonfire night. And the bell ringers give it loads from 1145 to about 0030. Bedroom is about 50 yards from belfry with direct line of sight !
    Actually all rather pleasant.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That sounds legendary fervoured.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

That sounds legendary fervoured.

The simple things in life are always the best. 😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Home alone, and early to bed, no doubt. Not really any point staying up to midnight on your own. And it’s just yet another **** year!

zokes
    Free Member

I think we’ll find out what all the fuss is about in Oz this time. Not quite Sydney, but I’m assured Adelaide’s fireworks are passable. Oh, and no beer – it’s my turn to drive 🙁

kiwijohn

Working at the taste of tasmania. Fun times.

timc
    Free Member

Away with work in Australia, taking in tonight at surfers paradise, TV here saying Sydney about to have biggest fireworks display in the world…

kayak23

Staying in an unlit shepherds shed on wheels in Wales.

khani
    Free Member

Working from now til eleven tomorrow… 😥

midlifecrashes

Party here at midlifetowers, probably about ten sleeping over, couple of dozen coming along. Friends, neighbours, work folk, family. No lanterns though, don’t like them. Bah humbug.

Markie
    Free Member

Heading over to see the New Year in with friends and friends of friends. We’ll stay the night there, with an early wakeup certain as between us all we’ve got nine children under seven!

There will then be walking. Slow walking.

derek_starship
    Free Member

dd – the far east = Suffolk per chance 😉

Me and Mrs. S will be staying in with takeaways and wine. I HATE NYE.

tang
    Free Member

Away from the hills in London with family, Hampstead Garden Suburb Fire works tonight.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

A villa in Matemwe,Tanzania. It’s nearly half five in the PM here,and we’re about to have an early dinner and start on the booze.:)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘So where are you all for New Year? At home? Away? Chinese lanterns?’ is closed to new replies.