Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • So where are the new On-Ones from the big Jan frame sale…?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Anyone got theirs and built them up yet? My impulse purchased raw Scandal 29er arrived over a week ago now but is still in its box while I hunt for good fork and wheel deals. Super looking frame though and the raw finish is rather nice.

SiB
    Free Member

Impulse buy saw a raw scandal 26er arrive on my doorstep 3 days later, glad i did it but still asking myself if i needed to add another bike to the four i already have?? Of course I do, its going to be my first 1×10! Out of box and looking nice on the settee presently, good for keeping the dogs off! Still looking very bare though, very. Bike stand coming today, off work awaiting delivery.

For the next couple of weeks the two items will get to know each other and make an attractive feature in the backroom until payday when build will begin….those carbon wheels talked about on here from china (bike-lite?), pro carbon or exotic forks, ck or hope bb and headset, probably just slx drivetrain and brakes but see what good offers pop up and take it from there. Building all new to me, enjoying the decision making, going to enjoy actual build more.

Comments both negative and positive welcomed on above build, more opinions the better (up to a point!)

SiB
    Free Member

Impulse buy saw a raw scandal 26er arrive on my doorstep 3 days later, glad i did it but still asking myself if i needed to add another bike to the four i already have?? Of course I do, its going to be my first 1×10! Out of box and looking nice on the settee presently, good for keeping the dogs off! Still looking very bare though, very. Bike stand coming today, off work awaiting delivery.

For the next couple of weeks the two items will get to know each other and make an attractive feature in the backroom until payday when build will begin….those carbon wheels talked about on here from china (bike-lite?), pro carbon or exotic forks, ck or hope bb and headset, probably just slx drivetrain and brakes but see what good offers pop up and take it from there. Building all new to me, enjoying the decision making, going to enjoy actual build more.

Comments both negative and positive welcomed on above build, more opinions the better (up to a point!)

robbo
    Free Member

I bought an xs inbred for my daughter and nearly finished moving all my old bits from my superlight across. Nice bike for a growing kid with xtr stuff! I’ll get her then next size up in the sale next year. Never done full length outer gear cables but it looks neat. Prefer the graphics to those on my scandal…

chopchop
    Free Member

If anybody bought a 21″ scandal V2 frame on impulse and has changed their minds, email me and i’ll take it off their hands. 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

18 inches for me!

Have been looking at those Chinese carbon wheels, not sure they’d be any lighter than alu rims but probably quite a lot stiffer. Tempted to go for the fulcrum ones discussed on another thread as a set for training then get something fancy later.

pixelmix
    Free Member

If anybody bought a 21″ scandal V2 frame on impulse and has changed their minds, email me and i’ll take it off their hands.

Similarly, if anyone wants to get ride of their impulse buy 29er Scandal in 16″ then I might be in the market so I can build a 29er test bike 🙂

Paulio
    Free Member

Not sure if this counts but it was an impulse buy at the end of November when the Scandal frames went down to £149. I’ll finish it off tonight ready for a weekend of riding at Afan.

carlphillips
    Free Member

thanks a lot, this thread just reminds me how stupid i feel for falling asleep before the deadline !

hmmm… <scurries off to look at On One>

carlphillips
    Free Member

double post

toxicsoks
    Free Member

If anybody bought a 21″ scandal V2 frame on impulse and has changed their minds, email me and i’ll take it off their hands.

Similarly, if anyone wants to get ride of their impulse buy 29er Scandal in 16″ then I might be in the market so I can build a 29er test bike

+1 for a raw 19.5″ Scandal 29er……. 😐

cooie

Inbred 29er still in box. Wanted one for a while and missed the last offer, so patiently waiting payed off 🙂 Will build up soon, swapping parts from my Kona Unit 2-9, which will become my commuter.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Paulio, nice build. Not one for white rims but looks good on that build.

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve just treated myself to a C456 frame.

Roll on next week when hopefully it arrives!

Paulio
    Free Member

Thanks mrblobby. I’m normally an any colour as long as it’s black person but figured there would be enough black elsewhere so white rims wouldn’t be too jarring. They’re the Superstars Stans deal and the build seems pretty good on them. Hope I haven’t jinxed myself with that statement!

Cheezpleez

Mine – 18in SS Inbred – should be finished this weekend as long as I can find some crank bolts at the LBS.

Really nice pearl white finish on the frame – much classier than the, still nice, flat blue of the Swift fork I’ve paired it with.

Just hoping it’s not going to be too big. Always had 16in before but the geo is v similar to a medium Swift, which I found fine on a test ride, so fingers crossed.

Will post pics when finished.

rOcKeTdOg

Inbred by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

1×9 now though

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rocketdog, how tiny is that?

mattbee

Sorry for crappy mobile phone pic.
    Wife’s slot dropout Inbred, bought and built for SSUK.

rOcKeTdOg

Blobby, its a 14″

soobalias
    Free Member

im not budging till i see a deal on a large pompino

windjammer
    Free Member

bought the inbred 29er in orange for 100 quid,got a pair of recon forks,stem,seat colar for 260 quid,finished building it up with cheap bits in sales

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Yet to start building…

paul4stones

Pompino

My new commuting machine. Wanted a blue one really.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

The OH bought a white 21″ inbred, white wheels on looks smart but only got old skool 100mm zocchis on it

smiff
    Free Member

damn Paulio, that’s almost exactly how i was planning to build the green scandal. white/green/brown def. works. real leather saddle and grips? 😉

Cheezpleez

Nice Pompino

chris_db
    Free Member

C456:

C456 by chr1sdb, on Flickr

duirdh
    Free Member

those C456s look like the designer fell asleep smudging the ink while drawing the headtube junction..

mrblobby
    Free Member

There’s definitely something not quite right about it, though i do like the Kwaka green.

nicksar
    Free Member

16″ Inbred 29er in orange and 80mm soloair recons being built as we speak, cheap entry into the 29er market:)

argoose
    Free Member
    chris_db
    Free Member

Ah! I see, this is a “show me your bike so I can take the piss” thread is it?

Oh well.

😉

sc-xc

Pompetamine set up for commuting… bargain at £599 😀

I think I need a cape to set it off though.

Paulio
    Free Member

damn Paulio, that’s almost exactly how i was planning to build the green scandal. white/green/brown def. works. real leather saddle and grips?

Maybe a Brooks set up one day but Charge and ESI for the moment! All bolted together now, just the final tweak to saddle, bars and brakes and the addition of mudguards to go. I’m pretty pleased with how it’s turned out, I just hope it rides as well.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Can you see over your bars?

Paulio
    Free Member

Only when I stand up!

windjammer
    Free Member

inbred 29er 19.5 not bad for 99 poundhere

robbo
    Free Member

14 inch Inbred for teenage daughter with old bits off my fs race bike.

Hope she appreciates it. Got to get her on spds soon…

IMAG0185 by SouthernXC, on Flickr

IMAG0184 by SouthernXC, on Flickr

Only needed the saddle, full length cable outers and that bloody XTR crank tool for the job. I’ll replace the frame as she grows hopefully.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Built from a bunch of stuff left lying around in the garage.

Fox 32 talas 150 fit
    Mavic crosstrails
    Formula rx brakes (colour coded ones at that!) with hope floaty rotors
    Easton haven bars and stem
    Singlespeed

Please excuse the shoddy pictures (and the slack chain, it’s been tightened since taking the picture)!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘So where are the new On-Ones from the big Jan frame sale…?’ is closed to new replies.