Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • So when will good old Nige…
  • PrinceJohn

Send his wife back to Germany?

Or does she not count as a bad immigrant?

jambalaya
    Free Member

She has indefinite right to remain. If she wishes she can have a British passport, she may well have oe already

Government has said all EU citizens can stay for the time being at least, they would only be asked to leave if EU threw out British citizens which frankly would be petty madness. If you are an EU citiznnhere legally its almost certain you could stay 7 years and get a British passport, this does create problms with some nationalities like the Dutch and their government does not allow two EU passports.

welshfarmer

Why would she want a UK passport though. My partner certainly wouldn’t, and I wouldn’t want her to have one either.

alpin
    Free Member

There are few politicians that I feel it would be worth spending a night in the cells for,but I would gladly slap Nige and Tony Blair.

The hypocrisy of having a German missus and then pointing the finger at foreigners really pisses me off.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Night in the cells? I think the coppers would shake your hand

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

They have Welsh passports now??? 😉

poly
    Free Member

She has indefinite right to remain. If she wishes she can have a British passport, she may well have oe already

Government has said all EU citizens can stay for the time being at least, they would only be asked to leave if EU threw out British citizens which frankly would be petty madness. If you are an EU citiznnhere legally its almost certain you could stay 7 years and get a British passport, this does create problms with some nationalities like the Dutch and their government does not allow two EU passports.
    #Jambafact

She doesn’t have indefinite leave to remain. She has no need for that if she is an EU citizen and thus the home office wouldn’t grant it for an EU citizen. If she had been granted it (as a non-EU citizen) it is “for life” and can’t be revoked as a tit-for-tat under diplomatic disputes.

The rule for EU citizens applying to be british passport holders / citizens (subjects) is 5 yrs not 7 (and I think it might be 3 for spouses of UK citizens). BUT requires them to pass a citizenship test and language test; has reasonably tough residence requirements (which if she travels with Nigel on his EU parliament meetings she may not meet)…

footflaps

#Jambafact

Has he ever said anything which is actually correct?

jambalaya
    Free Member

The hypocrisy of having a German missus and then pointing the finger at foreigners campaigning for the same sort of controlled immigration system that exists everywhere esle in the world outside the EU really pisses me off.

@poly there is zero chance she would have to leave the UK. Zero. Just like me in France or my Fremch wife in the UK. Zero.

Has he ever said anything which is actually correct?

Not in your opinion I see. Meanwhile in the real world I have been on the winning side of yet another major issue. I posted here 4 years ago about how immigration was becoming a significant issue and needed to be addressed. Widespread derison amd guess what ? Left unaddressed and now it dominates oir politics accross all parties. Don’t address a small problem and it becomes quite large.

The whole “your wrong” “a liar” stuff is just you burrying your head further in the sand. Why don’t you just listen to an alternative point of view. We can see what the STW playground has become and how unrepresentative of the country it is 80-20 Remain, its quite clear a vocal mintority wish it to be a private playground for those they agree with

molgrips
    Free Member

Jam, I don’t think immigration is a big issue. I think people’s perception of it is a big issue.

And btw we would listen to you if you had good arguments well presented. I implore you to do better.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@Jamby your crossing out makes no sense. Farage is a right wing bigot using immigrants as his hate figure to achieve his aims. The fact his wife is German simply highlights his policy failings #GodImmigrants vs #BadImmigrants

alpin
    Free Member

not only his policy failings, but brain/logic failings.

edit… i am refering to Farage, not jamby

zokes
    Free Member

edit… i am refering to Farage, not jamby

…but yet, it works well for both of them

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I posted here 4 years ago about how immigration was becoming a significant issue and needed to be addressed.

Still not an issue (do you really mean problem?), because it is an issue, but it’s not a problem.
    This country needs to focus more on our fellow human beings in their times of need, not less.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Still not an issue (do you really mean problem?), because it is an issue, but it’s not a problem.

#I’mNotARacistBut……

tpbiker
    Free Member

. Meanwhile in the real world I have been on the winning side of yet another major issue.

From reading many of your other posts on the forum the comment above only reinforces my suspician that those who voted to leave aren’t quite in touch with reality

alpin
    Free Member

Meanwhile in the real world I have been on the winning side of yet another major issue.

swoons.

steveoath
    Free Member

Am I the only one shocked to learn that someone voluntarily married Farage?

cornholio98
    Free Member

Meanwhile in the real world I have been on the winning side of yet another major issue. I posted here 4 years ago about how immigration was becoming a significant issue and needed to be addressed.

Everyone is on the losing side at the moment.

Steveoath +1

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

#I’mNotARacistBut……

Some of my best friends are foreigners to someone. 😐

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not aimed at you captain, just those that choose make immigration an issue it isn’t

zippykona

Now that he has “won” will he and his fellow **** wits **** off?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

not aimed at you captain, just those that choose make immigration an issue it isn’t

I’m aware of that, I was just adding to your comment. Anyone who makes it into an issue problem has no idea about anything, imo.

DrJ

@poly there is zero chance she would have to leave the UK. Zero. Just like me in France or my Fremch wife in the UK. Zero.

More random nonsense from jamba. Of course slinging people out by force is highly unlikely. But what about when dirty foreigners can’t have their spouses or children here, or if they can’t get health care, or receive their pensions, or other benefits, or own property? They won’t “have to leave”, but their lives here will become impossible so they will leave “voluntarily”. Will that happen? I don’t know. And nor do you.

DrJ

Now that he has “won” will he and his fellow **** wits **** off?

We can dream, I suppose.

epicyclo

steveoath – Member
    Am I the only one shocked to learn that someone voluntarily married Farage?

What’s the UK equivalent of a Green Card marriage? 🙂

To be fair, I suspect he’s probably quite entertaining and affable in personal life.

DrJ

Meanwhile in the real world I have been on the winning side of yet another major issue.

You are “on the winning side” in the sense that more people were convinced to vote the same way as you than otherwise. I’m not sure I see what moral authority that gives you. Rather the opposite bearing in mind that “your” side was characterised by lies and racism.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

petty madness

Pretty much sums up the whole thing.

phiiiiil

I have never voted for the person or decision that ended up winning. Does this make me a thoroughly bad, sociopathic person?

ninfan
    Free Member

So, going back to the original question.

so, when will good old Nige Send his wife back to Germany?

Probably about the same time that Brexit brings about the complete destruction of western political civilisation as Donald Tusk threatened…

chickenman

Personally I don’t feel it was immigration that forced the vote. There has always been a thing in Britain where it was ok to think your fellow Europeans were a bit shit. This was always most obvious in the places that Brits flock to in their holidays: Yes they like the sun and the cheap beer but really despise the native people and customs,the language, the food and how they run things. For me one of the pleasures of being abroad is to find a place with as few Brits as possible….is Portes du Soliel full of loud mouthed, cocky, obnoxious pissed Brits??? I’ve always assumed it was, am I missing something?
    So when Farage goes to Brussels and insults everyone he probably thinks that this will not rebound horribly on his countrymen because Brits have a right to an attitude like that…after all we won the war. 🙁

smell_it
    Free Member

Cool story Bro.

pondo

[Quote] We can see what the STW playground has become and how unrepresentative of the country it is 80-20 Remain, its quite clear a vocal mintority wish it to be a private playground for those they agree with[/quote]
    80% had a look into it and took an informed position, >20% swallowed the web of fiction that was spun in order to win. Now we’re utterly rudderless, no-one wants to pick up the ball because they know it’s career suicide (except a select handful who see this as their one big chance to take control). Well done us for taking back control *slow handclap*.

zippykona

I’m still feeling average ,when can I expect Great to start kicking in?

alpin
    Free Member

he’s probably quite entertaining and affable in personal life.

still, wouldn’t stop me wanting to glass him.

and i’d swap entertaining and affable for obnoxious.

nickc

I have been on the winning side of yet another major issue

you think this bit of a mess omni-shambles (apologies Mods I thought that would star out) is “winning”?

Daffy

still, wouldn’t stop me wanting to glass him.

After recent events, I would hope that no one would consider harming a politician for campaigning on issues they believe in. Democracy got them elected, and, can force them to leave.

#killemwithkindness

alpin
    Free Member

Thankfully he isn’t a politician, or is he? The same goes for Blair.

DrJ

Sent home? No but

one woman says she has worked for an employer for six years. On the Friday of the referendum result she was offered a new, less attractive, zero-hours contract.

cbike
    Free Member

Nobody “won” anything.

We all still have to work together to sort this mess out. You might be an “alright jamby” but a whole lot of people who are not just made life even more uncertain for themselves.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘So when will good old Nige…’ is closed to new replies.