Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • So when was the last time you saw a traffic copper?
  • jam-bo

Talking at work today about these new on the spot fines.

Traffic police are very noticeable in their absence down here in pastyland.

Even when I venture out of the west I rarely see police on the motorways.

So how are they going to enforce them?

bearnecessities

One on M62 going into work parked up. One on M62 when coming home undertaking and waving 2 fingers to everyone, while checking his emails with other hand*

One motorway car stuck in traffic on A650.

*he was driving with his knees.

loddrik
    Free Member

See ’em all the time here in Liverpool.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    glupton1976
    Free Member

Around 20 minutes ago.

See them all the time.

jam-bo

Must be a Devon thing then. To busy chasing sheep rustlers…

yetidave
    Free Member

Glasgow full of em over last couple of days, pulling folk everywhere. Beware!

matt_outandabout

On way home tonight. In plain silver Audi awaiting nutter motorbike riders trying to kill themselves on the A84.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

There’s a X5 BMW , dark grey around M5/M42 at Bromsgrove, he’s a busy bee 😐

Northwind

The other week, speedgunning people who were speeding out of peebles (everyone boots it before the NSL sign)

Legoman
    Free Member

Done about 600 motorway miles in the last few days – don’t recall seeing any at all.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

M25 has plenty, not all in marked cars mind.

busydog
    Free Member

Mrs Busydog saw one up close and personal on the way home for lunch from the office today—–45 mph in a 35mph zone—$50.00 fine if she doesn’t want to take it to court and fight it (she was probably going 50 mph, truth be known)

Bucko

Jambo, there are lots of traffic cars around, you just don’t notice them. They aren’t as obvious as the old days where they were standard uniformed officers in a Vauxhall Carlton.

marcus7
    Free Member

I have to travel the A55 so see the traffic Taliban a lot… 🙂 well actually more on the minor roads ( manor lane near the Airbus factory has seen many a speed trap…) take care out there kids… 😉

piemonster

This morning on the M90

piemonster

Seen quite a few folk pulled over on the M90 between Perth and Edinburgh. By both marked and unmarked cars.

project
    Free Member

Manor lane, is a 40 or 30 mph road, going past a lot of houses and workplaces, and a shortcut for the airbus assembley factory, so no reason why it shouldnt have a sped check on it.

4ags4
    Free Member

seen a fair few unmarked ones lately on the A1M in North Yorks – nearly always on the hard shoulder after pulling someone over.

Gary_C

Today. M61 northbound from J8 Chorley, to M6 J31 Samlesbury, saw 4 separate BMW 5 series touring traffic cars.

Then on the return journey 45mins later, 2 X5 & 1 5 series.

Unusual to say the least, never see any otherwise.

marcus7
    Free Member

it’s a 30 zone and I NEVER speed on it…. I’m not saying it shouldn’t have a speed check in fact I laughed last time I saw someone being stopped by an unmarked skoda 🙂 about 100m from the sign that TELLS YOU THAT YOU ARE SPEEDING! 🙂

busydog
    Free Member

Do the police there use the “trailer on the side of the road” that has radar in it that sends a speed signal down the road to the cop waiting on a side street? Been doing that here, especially around school zones—fines for speeding through school zones here are pretty major.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I saw some being stopped by the police leaving just leaving Edinburgh bound for the Forth Road bridge this morning. I often see marked and unmarked cars on the A9 from Perth to Aviemore.

tomd
    Free Member

Saw two traffic cars in the last hour, both on M80 southbound. Both had folk pulled over.

BenjiM

Today. M61 northbound from J8 Chorley, to M6 J31 Samlesbury, saw 4 separate BMW 5 series touring traffic cars.

Then on the return journey 45mins later, 2 X5 & 1 5 series.

Unusual to say the least, never see any otherwise.

An HGV had a blow out at the M61/M6 sliproad, traffic calming measures in place from about 9am until 11.30am. Plus the HQ is at Jct 32. Therefore I saw about 10 cars on the motorway parked up on the hard shoulder outside the sliproad.

singletrackmind

Friday night in JDW Godalming
    Had a few beers and heard some of his latest tales about driving in that london.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

M4 Swindon last Thursday night. First I’d seen in a very long time.

woody21
    Free Member

According to someone on Radio Derby tonight there are just 40 Traffic Cops to cover all the major trunk roads / motorways in Derbyshire; with shift patterns / annual leave etc – it worked out as 1 TC per 300 miles of road

timc
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    See ’em all the time here in Liverpool.

Yep see the same bunch city centre all the time

Marked
    BMW X5
    BMW 3 series Saloon
    BMW 3 series Touring

Unmarked
    BMW 3 series Saloon (Dark Blue)
    BMW 3 series Saloon (Gold / Bronze)

Also a couple of marked Volvos & an unmarked Octavia VRS (Silver)

Also seen a brand new black 5 series saloon on M62 last week by ikea…

geoffj

Plenty on the A9 – usually scraping up some poor sod who couldn’t wait for the dualing to be completed.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Apart from on motorways, it’s rare to see any in Surrey. Ok the odd camera van etc but nothing like it used to be when a panda car was parked up on main roads every few miles. Licence to drink/drive?

globalti
    Free Member

There’s never been a better time to speed or drink/drive here in Lancashire; if you drive past the traffic Police depot at the Preston exit of the M6 the compound is full of Police cars and you’ll seldom see any out on the road.

Be involved in any RTC though and the county officer on patrol will whizz over and breathalyse you, straight away.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘So when was the last time you saw a traffic copper?’ is closed to new replies.