Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • So when do you break up for Christmas?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Some last minute jobs rolling in and it could mean I’m in on the 23rd 🙄
    Was hoping to be done same day as the kids on the Friday! So not quite two weeks off. Falls nicely this year with only needing 2 days holiday from next years allowance.

daftvader
    Free Member

Xmas eve… Back on the 27th…. 🙁

bruneep

Don’t, working dayshift Xmas day nights Boxing Day

PePPeR

Finish on the 19th, back on the 6th 😀

Dales_rider
    Free Member

1st of October 😀

Edit:- sorry thought you asked when DID you break up for Christmas

carlos
    Free Member

Well when we had a chat about it all a few weeks back I was finishing on the 20th and back in on the 2nd, and only having to use a couple of days hol, that run out on the 31st anyway. Not sure if this was entered on the hol rota as it’s electronic and the boss does it. Apparently now I’m in on the 23rd and 24th!!! Not really happy about it so going to have a chat today and see if I can get it to stick or at least get paid/roll over the hols days I’d loose.

Still got a big day out somewhere planned for the 30th so looking forward to the anyways.

yossarian
    Free Member

Finish at 1pm this Friday, back on 7th Jan.

8)

superfli
    Free Member

I dont either 🙁 just the bank hols

Sandwich

Christmas Eve, hopefully before 7pm this year!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Can’t go in Christmas Eve no matter what as we’re at Alton Towers splash landings for the day 😯

scaredypants

pretty much bang-on 7pm Christmas eve for me

– which shops will still be open ?

onehundredthidiot

Break on the 20th back on the 6th.

Straight into a SQA (Scottish Qulaifications Authority) paperchase, so will need to sort my files in the downtime.

cheviots
    Free Member

Thursday 19th is my last day back on the 6th.
    7 working days left, hopefully I’ll manage not to strangle any of the half wits I share my work environment with!
    Festive greetings to one and all.

Hohum
    Free Member

Finish on the 18th and back on the 2nd.

woody21
    Free Member

Finish on the 20th until the 6th, although technically as I have a sick note from the 6th December – so I suppose that I have already broken up

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

finish on 18th, back on 8th

woot 😀

boxfish
    Free Member

Start new job on 23rd 😀
    Half day 24th 8)
    Off til 6th 😛

Flaperon

I finish three days off on the 22nd and am then at work through until the 3rd Jan.

Six-monthly A320 driving test falls on the 23/24th this year too. At least the examiner will be in a hurry to go home. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

officially the 20th dec through to the 7th jan

although im down for a trip to kuwait to help out manufacturing as soon as the stuff clears customs – be that as planned on the 16 or be it the 24th of december – not really that bothered tbh. Only thing xmas is that every other day isnt is a day where the roads are empty and no ones rushing to the office. Grand old day for a bike ride.

grim168
    Free Member

Just finished my last 12 hour night shift of the year. Back on the 2nd on dayshift. 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Moi, well it’ll be the 19th through 6th for me…

I can’t bloody wait, it’s been yeeeeaaaaarrrrsss since I had a break at Xmas.

Planning The Ridgeway ride and a couple of bounces over the hills in the Tour route for next year..
    Yeeeee haaaaa! 😀

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Finish on the 20th back on the 6th 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

note to self – when using calander – change the year.

im back on the 6th not the 7th….

sandwicheater

It’s odd, started my own business so I can choose when to shut.

Reckon I’ll shut the door Monday night (23rd) and open again Monday the 30th.

Will probably be my only time off until next Christmas.

Drac

I left school over 24 years ago off at Xmas is down to the shift patterns and luck. So far I’m off Xmas day but subject to 24 hours notice or less in extenuating circumstances.

core

Finish 3.30pm tomorrow (Thurs 12th), back in 2nd Jan.

Lots of leave to use up, due to not having kids, and covering pretty much the whole of the summer while everyone else was off………..

So I have to use my leave when the weather’s cold & s**t.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2V-D-Xdq8[/video]

stilltortoise
    Free Member

not soon enough

molgrips
    Free Member

20th-5th here.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ll be open on the 21st, then back on the 7th. Deciding stuff like that is one of the fun things of being self-employed…

NZCol

Finish 20th and come back 27th…..of January.

IHN

We’ve been told that we finish on Friday, back on the 6th Jan. I’d have taken some time off, but not three weeks. Not paid for it either, obviously 😐

Deciding[b]Having stuff[/b] like that decided for you is one of the ballache fun things of being self-employed[b]freelance[/b]…

tang
    Free Member

Finish on 20th back on the 20th Jan from main job, few days on other projects in Jan.

pondo

Just the bank holidays, finish at 5 on xmas eve – although we are allowed to work from home that day, which is as close to a christmas bonus as I’m getting. 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Finished on the 20th (at lunchtime) and back on the 6th. For the first time in 11 years, I don’t have coursework to be marked and ready to send to the exam board in January*, so I have relatively little work to do while I’m ‘off’ work.

* the only positive effect of the coalition’s education policy changes

Northwind

I’m in up to the 23rd then off til the 3rd. But we’ll be pretty wound down for the week before, good time to catch up.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and I’m wfh this week and I’m hoping I can swing it for next week too – that’ll be merry christmas 🙂

irc

Working 11:30am – 6:30pm on Christmas day.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I have Christmas Day and New Years Day off. Joy.

In 10 years of work, I have never, ever had any “break-up-time” at Christmas. Hospitality, Retail, etc never do.

Not bitter at all, likes.

Drac

With so many people finishing work on here on the 20th and not back to the 6th it’s going to be quiet on here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘So when do you break up for Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.